maethlin

What counts as iron sights and bolt-action for The Tarkov Shooter pt 1 quest? Is this bugged?

maethlin

So I noted that the text says this requires no scope, and a bolt-action rifle (I understand in the past this was mosin-only but it was changed sometime relatively recently). Great!

I first tried with a mosin, daytime, woods - stock iron sights. I was able to kill 2 scavs. They registered fine. Good stuff (though I detest the mosin, so yeah, I wanted to try other guns next).

I then tried the SV-98. Again, all stock... no scope, just standard flea-market purchased gun. Cheaper and better than the mosin from what I can tell in every way.

I also wanted to try night time, because I get tired of getting sniped by PMCs while questing (not that you can't get sniped at night, but I play really stealthy/slow at night and have better luck in Woods which is otherwise so aggravating I never ever use the map during the day).

I killed 3 scavs at 47, 67, and 50-something meters according to the after-combat screen (THANKS BSG FOR ADDING THOSE STATS! LOVE IT!)

Unfortunately, none of these kills counted! Is it a bug? Does the SV-98 somehow not count as a bolt-action rifle?

Is it because I was wearing PNV-10T at night and that somehow counted as a scope?

Either of those seems like a bug to me, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had similar experiences or input.

Zeroa

The SV-98 should count, and you did confirm they were the proper distance and that they are scavs so it should be working.  Please make sure to save screen captures for submitting a report via the game launcher with as much detail as possible.

I do recommend trying it without to NVG's to confirm whether that is counting as "a scope" so that it can be added to the bug report if that is the case. 

Good luck!
Zeroa

maethlin
4 hours ago, Zeroa said:

Thank you for the reply Zeroa. Yes, the ranges definitely were over 40 meters (post-game report showed one at 47 meters and the other at 60-something if I recall correctly). They were definitely scavs as well. I figured I was doing something wrong so I didn't bother screenshotting.

I have since tried again in offline mode and the kills recorded correctly when using same rifle with same nightvision (this time on Customs though).

I will try again sometime soon with a full night PMC raid, and will record the evidence if it happens again. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Zeroa said:

The SV-98 should count, and you did confirm they were the proper distance and that they are scavs so it should be working.  Please make sure to save screen captures for submitting a report via the game launcher with as much detail as possible.

I do recommend trying it without to NVG's to confirm whether that is counting as "a scope" so that it can be added to the bug report if that is the case. 

Good luck!
Zeroa

• Thanks 1

MasterFlexED

I'm having the same issue. I'm currently on pt. 7 "Kill 5 PMC operatives with a suppressed bolt- action rifle from at least 55 meters away". I was using the SV-98 on shoreline (100% suppressed) and was counter sniping two PMC's up at weather station. I killed the first one at 188m from the rock by the drone and then I picked off the second at 200+m from up at Radio tower. They were the last two kills I needed for the task and didn't realize they didn't count until after raid when I tried to turn it in.

• Sad 1

maethlin

Yeah, I just re-proved this. For some reason it works when I try offline mode, but trying on Shoreline at night it failed. I even tried removing nightvision and kililng more and still didn't register. Definitely a bug. I recorded video this time too.

• Like 1

Zeroa

@maethlin  Thanks for working on this, please make sure to submit a bug report via the game launcher.

And please add your support ticket ID number and brief description to the thread linked below as I am gathering information on this specific issue:

Thank you!

Revenantdotexe

Hello I also am running to a similar issue - I was using an SV-98 on Shoreline for Tarkov Shooter Part 2 and shot a scav in the leg followed by a headshot after they ran towards me. I checked my tasks in game to see that it did not count for my task completion (was 1/2 headshots already) and did not hear the notification for completing the task

tarkovbonedme.png

maethlin

Done @Zeroa, thanks. Posting here too for anyone else who is wondering about this as well:

As requested, I'm following up in this thread with my support cases. I already got a confirmation on one ticket that the issue is known, and a fix is being worked on. I'd advise anyone else doing these to just use a mosin if you want to be sure you don't needlessly do a lot of work without getting kill credit.

Support Cases:

• Thanks 1