Defiants

Cool, so now Scav runs are out of the question?

Defiants

Every single Scav run I've had since the patch-- Heavy Bleeds... Get dinged by a scav with a shotgun from miles off and it somehow inflicts a heavy bleed. Normally that situation wouldn't effect me whatsoever. Now it's like oh cool run's over boys I inflicted a minor injury.

I just did a Reserve scav run. Killed two raiders, looted a good portion of an area, then got dinged by a regular scav and ended up bleeding out because even though I had three ifaks from the raiders it didn't matter. Hardly took damage from the regular scav too, that's the kicker. What would have been a minor injury instead ended a run where I was doing pretty damn good. Killed three scavs and two raiders that run. Was taken out by a stray bullet that hardly damaged me?

The only reason I can even tolerate the game is because after losing a massive rig on my PMC I can at least go in as a scav and have a bit of fun. Now it's just... not fun. It's a game of hey I hope I find that random healing thing because I'm 100% going to get a heavy bleed and have maybe a 5% chance of finding the meds I need to fix that. Great.

There's really no point anymore from my perspective. Why bother doing Scav runs unless you're going to be a 110% rat and avoid absolutely all conflict, and I already play like a rat most of the time lmao. I mean before with bleeds it was one thing, bandages are so common they're often not even picked up. Heavy Bleeds don't feel any less common to me than regular ones to be honest. And honestly you can't just avoid all conflict.

I think it's ridiculous that IFAKs don't allow you to heal heavy bleeds though. Just feels like a kick in the nuts to the average player. Those doing well will probably hardly notice this because they probably don't spend much time doing Scav runs. 

But yeah I used to feel like I had a moderate chance of survival doing a Scav run, now it feels like a negligible chance. You need to go in as a PMC and you need to have proper meds in your Gamma. That's Tarkov now. Otherwise a stray bullet WILL kill you. And you need more than one tourniquet for PMC raids as well. Couldn't have it be more than 3 uses right... There's a point when all this stuff adds up to making it a bad experience instead of a difficult experience.

Edited by Defiants
  • Like 2
  • Cold 2

amalric7

I've had a few of those, not cool. The bigger problem for me is randomised Scav spawns on Shoreline, the map I run most.

Previously Scav spawn sites were fixed, and you could recognise where you were in an instant (with enough experience). Since the last update you can still spawn there, but more often you spawn in really, REALLY bad places. Some of my lowlights this week:-

• Spawned at the end of the concrete pier just beside the runway that leads to the Lighthouse. There was a 3-man stack ripping up everything around the custom office, so my choices were run and sit up the top of the lighthouse, hope they didn't notice me and extracted/went away, or do a suicidal charge and roll on to the next game (which I did, it was the only option)
  • Spawned close by Box Truck at the north of the map...right in front of a duo PMC team. Dead in 21 seconds.
  • Multiple spawns by the playground on the NE side of the Resort, at 40+ mins on the timer, when all the PMCs are charging in. Think I've survived more than 30 seconds once.
  • Multiple spawns in the wide open at the Gas Station, survival about 50/50.
  • Multiple spawns at Weather Station, again usually with firefights all around, survival about 40/60.

Brutal.

amalric7

And another.

Spawned on the pier next to the gate at customs, went inside the office, there's a PMC back acrosss the road sniping through the windows. Yes I've got a lion statue and a folder of intelligence, but I know I have not a chance in hell of getting away from the pier area to safety, never mind getting to the extract. Sure enough, headshot within seconds of trying it. Waiting 15 minutes for another Scav run to get blown up inside a minute again and again is not enjoyable. I may be garbage at the game but I have made it to level 18 by surviving, and there's just zero chance with these spawns.

davidj123456

Was it any different with regular bleeds? Normally you would not have a bandage as a Scav, so if you got a regular Bleed in the past it would still kill you...

Defiants

I'm just frustrated in general. I just died to the audio glitch again. Or rather, It was a nice contributing factor to my death. I'm doing good in the game too, that's  I think what is most frustrating. It's like I get five kills in that one run, killed the scav that inflicted the heavy bleed, but I still die. The run I just died in I was doing good, then someone snuck up on me in a situation where they weren't even trying to sneak whatsoever nor did they know I was there. If I'd had proper audio queues I could have had my hand back on my mouse in time, but I'd received a text and thought ok I'm in a good position here I'll be able to hear anyone approaching for sure. Nope.

It just feels like, it doesn't matter how much game knowledge I accumulate, how good my aim is, I'm still going to get screwed over by some "fun" new mechanic.

And if it's not the "fun" new mechanics it's dying instantly when I spawn in late on a Shoreline run with my PMC fully kitted out.

These issues aren't effecting me one in ten runs or something. They're effecting me every single run I go on. There's always some glitch or nonsense happening and it's getting significantly worse with the updates not better...

Zeroa

@Defiants @amalric7 I hear everything you guys are saying and I feel your frustration.  I can't tell you a cool trick to help nor will I give you the 'it's a beta talk.'

What I'll say is that if you're not having fun, take a break.  That's what has worked for me.  Something changed I didn't like after encountering, or got killed by a hackers more than usual, or even the people I play with particularly annoying one weekend. Whatever it is - took a break.

But I can't find any other game that hits the itch Escape From Tarkov does and I come off the break and have fun again. Rinse and repeat.  

(And share the bug issues via the game launcher to help the problems get fixed.)
(And share your ideas and feedback for changes here in the forum.)

We're all here to have a good time and I hope you can continue to do so!

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Bracobe

The thing that make silly to me is to need two different things for heavy bleed and light bleed. Anything that can take care of a heavy bleed can surly take care of a light bleed.

Zeroa

@Bracobe It can be overwhelming on the surface, but I attempted to simplify it earlier on a different topic, maybe taking a look will help make it easier:  

funk42

Nah it's good.

I agree it has been a kick in the nuts to my normal scav play, but it makes sense to the lore etc. It is a bit cheap that as a scav you can risk nothing yet have the ease of gaining as a moderatly geared PMC can.

Think about it, as a PMC you have to risk loosing your gear with all your meds or run the risk of being super fragile. As a scav you should not be on the same level.

I have enjoyed learning a new play style for my scav, it is more important to scav about and aquire items needed to survive before you can just charge about like a PMC Chad.

just my 2c

Xeraphas
4 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

Was it any different with regular bleeds? Normally you would not have a bandage as a Scav, so if you got a regular Bleed in the past it would still kill you...

Heavy bleeds do significantly higher damage over time so they can kill you before you can run to extract and are hard to out heal. The Ifaks would have also stopped a regular bleed before.

ktfbgb

The point of the scav is to is to scavenge for items needed while avoiding other players. I’m seriously stoked about it. It will make people think twice about running around shooting at everything while a scav. Remember that AI Scavs only shoot you and cause the heavy bleed if you have shot other scavs first. This mechanic along with the long overdue karma system will help to make scav runs go as they are intended to go, rather than being another no consequences, PVP battle royale. 

• Like 1

BrettB

Do the heavy bleed meds spawn in game?

p4nnus
9 hours ago, Defiants said:

There's really no point anymore from my perspective. Why bother doing Scav runs unless you're going to be a 110% rat and avoid absolutely all conflict, and I already play like a rat most of the time lmao. I mean before with bleeds it was one thing, bandages are so common they're often not even picked up. Heavy Bleeds don't feel any less common to me than regular ones to be honest. And honestly you can't just avoid all conflict.

Its called the Scavenger, not the Terminator. You should first scavenge the needs to be able to sustain yourself in combat, then get in to a fight, if its worth it even then. You are over-exaggerating, but I get it, youre still new, getting used to the game.

EFT is gonna become even more realistic than now. More punishing features are just waiting to be implemented. If you though that you can run around carelessly with your PMC OR Scav, without having to worry whats gonna happen if you get sprayed with bullets or shells, for instance, you need to understand now that its gonna get worse for you.

Accept the fact that what some naive people call "ratting" or the rat playstyle, is something that is gonna get favoured by the realistic and unforgiving features. I wouldnt call it ratting, I think its just stupid. It shows how people had the wrong expectations about EFT, they didnt to their homework on what the game is gonna be like, how its gonna play. Thousands upon thousands bought the game looking at the beta, thinking that its gonna be this "stim up and push with hk416 and killa armor, microstrafe, sprint n spray until your enemy is nay..more" deathmatch with loot, but the vision BSG has is very clear and far from the current phase.

If you have really thought this through and this heavy bleed system is too much for you, which is entirely possible if you came here looking for sth else than a realistic HC shooter, you might be right. Then there might be no point anymore. 

10 hours ago, Defiants said:

But yeah I used to feel like I had a moderate chance of survival doing a Scav run, now it feels like a negligible chance. You need to go in as a PMC and you need to have proper meds in your Gamma. That's Tarkov now. Otherwise a stray bullet WILL kill you. And you need more than one tourniquet for PMC raids as well. Couldn't have it be more than 3 uses right... There's a point when all this stuff adds up to making it a bad experience instead of a difficult experience.

It depends how you play. You dont need to sit in a bush to survive. You need to be methodical, you should raid with friends who cover you, use tactics like flanking, retreat to ambush, different kind of grenades, etc. I have never had a gamma. Ive played 3 years with the standard edition. Still no need for gamma, Im doing just fine even if I started the wipe late and Im not using the Hideout. Salewa is the answer, no need for crazy amounts of tourniquets if you have 2 salewas. If 2 salewas are not enough, youre getting hit WAY too much.

Reflect on what I told you. Understand that its gonna get even more punishing. A lot more.

• Upvote 1

short_FUZE

Scav runs are NOT at all out of the question, just hard.

And as BSG has said many, many times Escape from Tarkov is meant to be hard, it's going to get even harder and NO we won't make it easier.

Da_Kyuss

10 hours ago, Defiants said:

Every single Scav run I've had since the patch-- Heavy Bleeds... Get dinged by a scav with a shotgun from miles off and it somehow inflicts a heavy bleed. Normally that situation wouldn't effect me whatsoever. Now it's like oh cool run's over boys I inflicted a minor injury.

Sry but this is not true....

if your scav is low low level on skills.... possible... so level up your scav. bleeds will become better

I got a light bleed at the checkpoint under the sniper scav at SL. Managed to fight the PMC and then move to Ruined Road and extracted

in really low health. Bleed was untreated as i didnt have a bandage

Heavy bleads are a problem if you are not careful. As someone said earlier.... its a scav not a terminator... so you should play sneaky - with caution. Dont always run because noise you make gives up your position. Engage PMCs when you have the advantage. otherwise avoid conflict.

its a complicated game.... thats why we love it

Edited by Da_Kyuss

Da_Kyuss
10 hours ago, amalric7 said:

I've had a few of those, not cool. The bigger problem for me is randomised Scav spawns on Shoreline, the map I run most.

Previously Scav spawn sites were fixed, and you could recognise where you were in an instant (with enough experience). Since the last update you can still spawn there, but more often you spawn in really, REALLY bad places. Some of my lowlights this week:-

• Spawned at the end of the concrete pier just beside the runway that leads to the Lighthouse. There was a 3-man stack ripping up everything around the custom office, so my choices were run and sit up the top of the lighthouse, hope they didn't notice me and extracted/went away, or do a suicidal charge and roll on to the next game (which I did, it was the only option)
  • Spawned close by Box Truck at the north of the map...right in front of a duo PMC team. Dead in 21 seconds.
  • Multiple spawns by the playground on the NE side of the Resort, at 40+ mins on the timer, when all the PMCs are charging in. Think I've survived more than 30 seconds once.
  • Multiple spawns in the wide open at the Gas Station, survival about 50/50.
  • Multiple spawns at Weather Station, again usually with firefights all around, survival about 40/60.

Brutal.

yes what you say its true..... but it should be a bit like that. Lately scav runs in SL were free lunch. it shouldnt be that way

Kimuri

I find it just as frustrating but I think it'll keep scavs at bay now. 

Alot of people spawn in with a scav and think 'frick it, if I win I win if I lose I die'.

That's not the case anymore, you go in with a scav and not properly scavenge around first you'll get murked and even if you win you'll still die. 

I love it. 

davidj123456
15 hours ago, Xeraphas said:

Heavy bleeds do significantly higher damage over time so they can kill you before you can run to extract and are hard to out heal. The Ifaks would have also stopped a regular bleed before.

You would not have an IFAK or a Bandage or anything as a Scav before in most cases. And in most cases, as a Scav, you do not have good armor... so most shots onto you would deal significant damage... honestly there is barely a difference

Xeraphas
10 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

You would not have an IFAK or a Bandage or anything as a Scav before in most cases. And in most cases, as a Scav, you do not have good armor... so most shots onto you would deal significant damage... honestly there is barely a difference

yeah but he said he had 3 ifaks then got clipped by a shotgun and died from the heavy bleed if this happened before the heavy bleed patch it would have saved him to have the ifaks and someone asked if there was a difference between normal bleeds and heavy bleeds and thats what I was telling them

chrisragnar

So much drama.

So you die sometimes in this game, so what.

Heavy bleed is fine

• Like 1

Sivisoko
1 hour ago, chrisragnar said:

So much drama.

So you die sometimes in this game, so what.

Heavy bleed is fine

Totally agree with you on this one, people really want game to be baby-easy ( i am not lyndmark/pestily style player, simple casual player)

davidj123456
10 hours ago, Xeraphas said:

yeah but he said he had 3 ifaks then got clipped by a shotgun and died from the heavy bleed if this happened before the heavy bleed patch it would have saved him to have the ifaks and someone asked if there was a difference between normal bleeds and heavy bleeds and thats what I was telling them

Okay so this was a 1-time very specific event...

• Sad 1

Bracobe
On 10/23/2020 at 9:57 PM, Zeroa said:

@Bracobe It can be overwhelming on the surface, but I attempted to simplify it earlier on a different topic, maybe taking a look will help make it easier:  

I understand everything and have no problem with the update.  I am just pointing out a flaw in what I think of the logic.  As I said anything in real life that can stop heavy bleeding can stop light bleeding.  It seems like a weird thing to add other than to make it unnecessarily more difficult. 

As the original poster mention it makes scav runs WAY more difficult.  I understand they want it to be very difficult but it seems and unnecessary difficultly level.  I constantly get heavy bleed from a shotguns over 50 yards down a hall way.  As far as realistic this does not seem so much as the spreed pattern on almost any shotgun is ineffective at such range. But now it is a certain kill.

etra_kurdaj
22 hours ago, Sivisoko said:

Totally agree with you on this one, people really want game to be baby-easy ( i am not lyndmark/pestily style player, simple casual player)

No, not baby-easy, but doable.

The game drops bullets in raid, right? The game drops guns in raid, right?

Spawning a scav without meds is akin to spawning a scav without A LOADED GUN. A puzzle can be difficult while also not requiring RNG to be solvable.