Jump to content
WaidenAlker

The Ping Limit Is A Fixable Problem For Both Sides

Recommended Posts

WaidenAlker

It's been some time since the ping limit was implemented and I totally agree that it's made the quality of in raid gameplay better and reduced desync. With that said, there are many people (myself included) who either have friends who they can no longer play with, or themselves can no longer reliably play. I'm sure I'm not the first to have though of this, but why not give players the choice in the settings to queue with higher ping players or not? If people really enjoy the ping limit, then queue times shouldn't be cut down by this addition. If they don't, then they're free to play with their friends with the knowledge that the potential for lag abuse is there. I don't think this is costly for BSG to implement and I'm sure would dramatically increase the appeal of the game to players who aren't from Russia, central Europe, or the United States. Thanks for your consideration.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tabius

As someone who wants to be able to play with friends from South Africa again I like this suggestion. Call me old fashioned but surely one of the benefits of an online game should be to play with people from all over the world and not just limited regions... I understand people's frustration with ping abusers and having an option to not play with high ping players allows people to enjoy the game without this risk but a selectable option to allow a slightly higher ping (I know my South African firends average about 180ms to 190ms) will also allow people like me to enjoy playing with my friends again even if it means we now have to deal with ping abusers.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeltrax3000

Bought the game intending to only play with my south african friends now I've got a game I can't play because of the ping restriction.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke-Star

tHIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE §§§§  too MANY lAG ON AGAINS PLAYERS §

 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrRager420

i spoke about it 4 times in the forum sections no one ever cared enough to do something i been playing by my self since they increased the ping limit they keep saying u get better advantage in high ping tbh i dont know how 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tabius
7 hours ago, MrRager420 said:

i spoke about it 4 times in the forum sections no one ever cared enough to do something i been playing by my self since they increased the ping limit they keep saying u get better advantage in high ping tbh i dont know how 

Yeah I am also not sure, I mean so many other online multiplayer FPS games don't do region lock /kick at 150ms and I havent heard of them having this problem. I have played Tarkov with high ping (180ms average)  when I was in Africa and to be honest I felt like I was at a disadvantage as I would get shot by people I geuninely couldnt see as the information hadnt been sent to me yet - but I still enjoyed it. When I moved to Europe, I got to play at a lower ping and obviously it is a much better experience. I am not syaing that there arent people out there who exploit the high ping but it just seems silly to punish and segregate the community because of it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WaidenAlker

I will always respect BSG for thinking outside of the box and trying to create an unheard of solution to the hacker problem that plagues video games. With that said, some ideas aren't in implementation for a reason, and this is one of them. I think that if they listen to the community and brainstorm within themselves they can pump out an original and effective solution to hackers, but segregation is an outstanding word to describe the result of this decision. My Australian friend might as well not own the game because of his inability to play offshores. If any BSG staff see this I recognize the ingenuity but this isn't a hill to die on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxyprox

Why is this even a point of discussion. They should just disable manual server selection and have a system in the background that calculates the best match for your party's average ping.

Edited by Foxyprox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerutor

They're never gonna do anything about the ping limit, if anything they'll just keep bumping it lower and lower till the only people that can play this game are the ones with 2gb constant internet connection because of all the sweaty kids that treat this game as a competitive/esports shooter like CS or R6. If that's what they want to do and the audience they want to pander to by all means go right ahead it's their game, but I'll be demanding a refund due to misleading information on their store page not mentioning it anywhere on it that this game has a ping limit and I encourage anyone who is being negatively impacted by this insane response to the hacking issue instead of, you know, having a better ducking anti-cheat like every other game in the market to do the same.

Edited by Zerutor
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
behi09ma
18 hours ago, Tabius said:

Yeah I am also not sure, I mean so many other online multiplayer FPS games don't do region lock /kick at 150ms and I havent heard of them having this problem. I have played Tarkov with high ping (180ms average)  when I was in Africa and to be honest I felt like I was at a disadvantage as I would get shot by people I geuninely couldnt see as the information hadnt been sent to me yet - but I still enjoyed it. When I moved to Europe, I got to play at a lower ping and obviously it is a much better experience. I am not syaing that there arent people out there who exploit the high ping but it just seems silly to punish and segregate the community because of it.

i suppose you guys were not here when they implemented the ping limit. the main reason was the chinese cheaters. people were crying in reddit and this forum to keep them away from EU and US servers, so again they listened to the community. it was 150 but now its 180 and they have said, they will remove it in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerutor
5 hours ago, behi09ma said:

i suppose you guys were not here when they implemented the ping limit. the main reason was the chinese cheaters. people were crying in reddit and this forum to keep them away from EU and US servers, so again they listened to the community. it was 150 but now its 180 and they have said, they will remove it in the future. 

Except they have NOT guaranteed they will remove it in the future, I literally just had a talk with them over the support tickets and the answer I got was "The ping limit right now is 160, it may get better or we may lower it more". So yeah, you know the thing you guys are complaining about that makes the game literaly unplayable? Yeah we might fix it or we might make it even worse who knows check in next month :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
behi09ma
1 hour ago, Zerutor said:

Except they have NOT guaranteed they will remove it in the future, I literally just had a talk with them over the support tickets and the answer I got was "The ping limit right now is 160, it may get better or we may lower it more". So yeah, you know the thing you guys are complaining about that makes the game literaly unplayable? Yeah we might fix it or we might make it even worse who knows check in next month :)

like i said by the time they added the ping limit it was because of cheater problems from asia region, which this community asked for, and nikita himself in a podcast said that, its a temporary thing. but i think they are not giving dirrect informations for cheater situation so again i think they will remove it if the chinese  calm down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoginTaken

It was a middle finger to the fanbase with poor internet.

It was them saying "We don't want to spend money to improve servers and develop the connectivity of the game. We just want your money."

At least that is the impression I get.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimuri

Buy better internet or play on your own servers, if these measures keep the hackers out I'm happy.

I don't go messing around in NA West or Asia either. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerutor
15 hours ago, Kimuri said:

Buy better internet or play on your own servers, if these measures keep the hackers out I'm happy.

I don't go messing around in NA West or Asia either. 

This view is exactly what's wrong with this community. I already gave them my money you see, this game is paid, not free if you forgot. Why should I spend even more money getting better internet just to play this one game with this backwards way of preventing ping abusers? Oh and before anyone comes at me with the old "then don't play the game lol" they were more than happy to take my money to sell me a game I can't play, like I've said above, there is NO DISCLAIMER of this mechanic that can literally make the game unplayable for you.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ma-san

imagine... region locking china. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speznat

its bette rhow it is now, because many people rage against "possible" cheaters. and many of the "cheaters" arent cheaters at all its deync. And in nearly 90% of time its the peekers advantage wich people dont understand thats in everygame and everywhere and that no developer on this world can change that fact because thats how networkign is working. so its good how t is now. get better internet or go home. is best in this case. why should i with good internet conenction suffer from desync form idiots that have 400 ping and have 100% advantage of looking throuhg a corner. thats infair. now its fair gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WaidenAlker
8 hours ago, Speznat said:

its bette rhow it is now, because many people rage against "possible" cheaters. and many of the "cheaters" arent cheaters at all its deync. And in nearly 90% of time its the peekers advantage wich people dont understand thats in everygame and everywhere and that no developer on this world can change that fact because thats how networkign is working. so its good how t is now. get better internet or go home. is best in this case. why should i with good internet conenction suffer from desync form idiots that have 400 ping and have 100% advantage of looking throuhg a corner. thats infair. now its fair gameplay.

So in case you didn't notice I suggested an option for players to choose whether they'd want to deal with desynch or not. I have flawless internet and have no issues with connectivity in Tarkov. That doesn't stop me from recognizing the struggles of players who either don't have that perfect connection, or don't live somewhere with a server nearby. This doesn't even begin to cover region locking either. If my idea was implemented, all you'd have to do is switch a box and you'd be able to continue playing as you are now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerutor
9 hours ago, Speznat said:

its bette rhow it is now, because many people rage against "possible" cheaters. and many of the "cheaters" arent cheaters at all its deync. And in nearly 90% of time its the peekers advantage wich people dont understand thats in everygame and everywhere and that no developer on this world can change that fact because thats how networkign is working. so its good how t is now. get better internet or go home. is best in this case. why should i with good internet conenction suffer from desync form idiots that have 400 ping and have 100% advantage of looking throuhg a corner. thats infair. now its fair gameplay.

2 things.

1. The ping limit is down to 150ms right now not 400, if you think a diference of 80ms between you and your oponent is the reason you keep dying then you need to go play a game that's actually esports oriented and with tighter networking like counterstrike buddy. 

2. "get better internet or go home." I would love to go home! Surely someone with an elitist point of view like you will advocate for this company to actually be transparent and grant refunds to everyone who can't actually play the game they paid for due to misleading information on their store correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WaidenAlker

A refund isn't a possibility for anyone who's played the game for a modicum of time that should be understood. Tarkov players gatekeeping the game from players that don't have flawless setups or aren't from The US/Moscow are part of the problem because BSG sees these players and thinks they represent the whole community. I didn't make this thread to berate or attack the dev teams and the difficult decisions they have to make, I made it to show my and other players disapproval of the system they implemented. I don't think there's any need for hostility from you or the people making comments from an opposing point of view. An eye for an eye and the world goes blind.  

Edited by WaidenAlker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tabius
16 hours ago, WaidenAlker said:

A refund isn't a possibility for anyone who's played the game for a modicum of time that should be understood. Tarkov players gatekeeping the game from players that don't have flawless setups or aren't from The US/Moscow are part of the problem because BSG sees these players and thinks they represent the whole community. I didn't make this thread to berate or attack the dev teams and the difficult decisions they have to make, I made it to show my and other players disapproval of the system they implemented. I don't think there's any need for hostility from you or the people making comments from an opposing point of view. An eye for an eye and the world goes blind.  

Preach brother! Lets not make this into an us vs them situation  - devs vs players, region vs region, or whichever way you cut it. We all like this game so why not use a solution that works for everyone. Lets not attack one another or shame people who cant afford/ dont have access to as good infrastructe as we have. Let us instead do our best to include them. We are in an age of inclusiveness so lets embrace it and work together instead of apart, it is okay to have an opposing view but lets discuss it in a civilised meaningful way. Save the hostilties for in game raids :)

I have said this before and I will say this again @WaidenAlker solution is a fair compromise and I am more than happy to hear opposing views on why this is a bad idea.

Edited by Tabius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
behi09ma
On 10/30/2020 at 11:24 AM, ma-san said:

imagine... region locking china. 

china region has been locked before ping limit. world has vpn if you dont know. thats why the ping limit exist for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lukesky36

I took months off this game and they have not made high ping limit servers yet? Man i hate too say it but i will never play this game at this rate if ever again or just move on with my life and just give this game a thumbs down and play something else that can can tolerate my ping just fine(for now). (Not here too hate just speaking the truth lots of people not being able too play because of this just saying)

Edited by Lukesky36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lukesky36
On 10/30/2020 at 4:00 AM, Speznat said:

its bette rhow it is now, because many people rage against "possible" cheaters. and many of the "cheaters" arent cheaters at all its deync. And in nearly 90% of time its the peekers advantage wich people dont understand thats in everygame and everywhere and that no developer on this world can change that fact because thats how networkign is working. so its good how t is now. get better internet or go home. is best in this case. why should i with good internet conenction suffer from desync form idiots that have 400 ping and have 100% advantage of looking throuhg a corner. thats infair. now its fair gameplay.

Separate the high ping limit servers from low ping limit servers both people happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeltrax3000

Any news about them raising the ping limit? Still cant play with my friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2