Sign in to follow this  
BLACKH3ARTED

Taking damage before hearing the shot?

BLACKH3ARTED

It´s happened to me several times that I hear a shot after my character already took damage and moaned.

I want to know if this is normal for the game taking into account the bullet speed being faster than sound or if I may be having desync, packet loss or something wrong with my internet.

TheSlaY3R_

Depending on how far the player was that shot at you, it is a built in mechanic! It very possibly can be desync in some cases of course but the shot could hit you right before actually hearing the actually sound of shot arrive to bless your ears.

Also if they are far away with a supp. then you wouldn't even hear any shot!

BLACKH3ARTED

It was a sniper shot that blacked out my stomack instantly. My scav moaned and took the damage and like half a second later I heard the shot.

I suspect it´s an intended behaviour due to the ballistic mechanics of the game, not desync, but I want to be sure.

tobiassolem

Hello Blackh3arted!

This is actually realistic. Super-sonic rounds (bullets that travel faster than the speed of sound) will do exactly this.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1