Tarkov Shooter Issues

WeepingShadow

WeepingShadow

Anyone else had issues completing tarkov shooter quests with other bolt action rifles?  I tried to use a VPO on Part 6 to kill sniper scavs and the kills did not count toward quest completion.  I tried again with an M700 and once again, no sniper scav kills counted toward completion.  I went back in a third time with a mosin and completed the quest.  On Part 7 I killed a PMC with a M700 from almost 100m away and it did not count toward completion.

Seen a few other people mention some issues with this, but they seem to be few and far between.  Iv already submitted several bug reports but so far no explanation has been forthcoming.

• Thanks 1

I am sorry to hear that you are encountering this problem, when did this occur if may inquire? Ex. before or after the 12.8 patch.

Edited by 02_

I have also encountered this issue today, just about 20 minutes ago. I was in customs, shot the sniper on top of the tall smoke stack thing near construction with an M700, M62 rounds about 190 meters away. I was on 2/7 scavs killed, still at 2/7. Guess I'll be bringing my Mosin with me until this is fixed. Attached is the kill log at the end, with the specific sniper scav highlighted in yellowimage.thumb.png.6a83145410bae988328d6a554c88d4d1.png

@WeepingShadow  Thank you for submitting the bug reports as this will help get the issue in front of those working to resolve issues.  Please either here or via DM send me your support ticket ID numbers as I am collecting more data on this specific issue.

@Pigbearman  @Solarhawk  @aznboyster did you submit a bug report?  If not I've attached a guide on how to do so below.  Either way please also comment back or DM me your support ticket ID number as I am collecting more data on this specific issue.

Thanks!

MarcBorgia

Check the tarkov wiki for all tasks, alot of them are not exactly explained in the narrative but they explain it better. I think like the first 5 tarkov shooters require it to be a mosin, sighted and unsighted, at specific distances. 

As requested, I'm following up in this thread with my support cases. I already got a confirmation on one ticket that the issue is known, and a fix is being worked on. I'd advise anyone else doing these to just use a mosin if you want to be sure you don't needlessly do a lot of work without getting kill credit.

Support Cases:

TuckingFypo69

Just had this same issue. I submitted a bug report (Request #7860490) but it would not allow me to attach screen shots. Here they are. I am on Tarkov Shooter Part 8 and completed it with an SV-98. Credit did not count a single kill. I got 4 that raid.

BULLSHIT.JPG

BS1.JPG

BS2.JPG

BS3.JPG

BS4.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I just started tarkov shooter and its not registering any kills with the vpo even though it is clearly a bolt action rifle it makes no sense to spend 50k on a mosin when i can spend that on a vpo with ammo and mags its stupid that its worded as bolt action rifles but only select bolt action rifles work

I can confirm using VPO-215 and Rotor 43 as suppressor did NOT work towards Tarkov Shooter - Part 7, as of 30 minutes ago, when I eliminated a player from 81m away with it, but did not get credit towards the quest. :|

AlJabberwock

I have also just filed a Bug report regarding this issue but I have additional information regarding the VPO 215 

note below that I have included my request ID. I have no other tracking information as it was just submitted. 

Regarding the VPO 215, even more frustrating:

Game support Gameplay - REQUESTID#7963180#
Working on Jaeger Quest ; The Tarkov Shooter - Part 1, this task requires a bolt action rifle with no scope and scav kills by your PMC, over 40 meters, and PMCs do not count. I went into the Raid with 4 kills already qualifying as reflected in the task bar, but the FIVE kills I got with the VPO 215 on this Shoreline Run did NOT give task credit for the kills. The 4 kills I had previously logged were also on Shoreline and also with the exact same VPO 215. The only difference is that the run that I have attached screens for took place at night. There is no indication in the task description that the task cannot be concluded at night, so either it doesnt work and needs fixing, or no credit is given for night runs and the description should explain that to players so they DONT waste their time. I would appreciate hearing back from you what is the case here. Thks ~Al 2020-11-16 07:30

Note that I am ASSUMING it might be the night time aspect, but given information from you-all above, perhaps it is just random when it does or does not work since I DID get 4 kills combined from two previous runs on Shoreline with the selfsame Squirrel Rifle.  Here are some of the screens I attached to the Bug report.  Chaps my hide that I wasted this time when I could have been doing something else.

Good luck with this and hope to hear it is resolved or limited in its ability to irritate players!  :) ~Thanks for your help ~ Al 

2020-11-15[20-44] (0).png

2020-11-15[21-05] (0).png

2020-11-15[21-18] (0).png

• 1 month later...
Fabbrogas

Still not counting for Tarkov Shooter part 7 with Osiris 5000 silenced

Game code RHFA

Edited by Fabbrogas