Tarkov Shooter part 6 and sniper scav spawn rate

Pigbearman

Hi All, 

Just a simple topic. I'm trying to complete the Tarkov Shooter part 6 (killing 7 sniper scavs with a bolt action).

General rule of thumb was to run customs, since there are 5 sniper scav spawns. I've ran about 15 customs raids so far, and I've seen two sniper scavs total, that's it. The one that almost always used to spawn on top of the roof near construction is no longer spawning, ever. 

I'm also seeing a bunch of people reporting spawning in as a sniper scav, so potentially that's causing the low scav spawn rate? Doesn't help that the one time I was able to kill a sniper scav, I killed them with an m700 which doesn't seem to count towards the kill count.

Just wondering if other people are noticing the same thing?

Thanks!

thought it had to be a mosin for this mission,i did it on customs and shoreline not to hard,completed it a while ago though so it may have changed with recent patches.

5 minutes ago, trigge99 said:

thought it had to be a mosin for this mission,i did it on customs and shoreline not to hard,completed it a while ago though so it may have changed with recent patches.

Yes, they changed the tarkov shooter line though to include all bolt action rifles, though it seems none work other than the Mosin still. I guess my concern would be that they tinkered with the spawn rate since the latest patch hit.

Just to chime in again, ran a couple more customs raids, not a single sniper scav. Ran 5 Shoreline raids, 4/5 being night raids, 1 sniper scav (at power station). Something doesn't seem quite right with the spawn rates here.

• 3 months later...
OSK-Suicide

This was a problem back then, and it seems it's come back now. I found a single sniper scav at night time on customs, right before I got this quest. As soon as I got the quest I started running customs  nonstop trying to catch this questline up,  and I haven't seen a single sniper scav on customs since that game. I've ran well over a dozen raids trying to get these sniper scav kills and I've found one on Shoreline. I'm not even dying or running through too early, I'll run around to each  of the spawns repeatedly hoping they'll spawn in late and nothing, not even a dead body with 5 minutes left on the raid timer, in over a dozen games. I found a single one on Shoreline which I randomly ran  once to try for more shooter born in heaven kills, and I haven't  found another on that map either. Nikita said they reduced scav spawns to help with the latency and connection issues, yet also confidently claims that this is the best the netcode's ever been. When you literally can't even finish a quest because the RNG is busted even more than usual... Like he's spitting at us in the podcast telling us to just deal with it essentially when he can't even address the serious issues with the game yet adds a million new hideout things and crafts that nobody was asking for

MarcBorgia

I run shoreline pretty frequently as i need 10pmc kills there. The power station sniper is almost always there. Its not a quest that is quickly doable in reality as most of the time customs snipers are killed off pretty quick. Most people by pass the power plant because theres not much there. Id saw spawn in and sprint there, should find him most of the time and then just leave.

• 2 weeks later...
McCroud

Well i cant finish my Questline either. I did 15+ Runs on Shoreline (Powerstation and the Rock on Bunker) didnt see a single one these days. Customs neither. On wiki there is a Red Note : "BUG: Sniper scavs on Custom are currently not spawning due to a bug with the new AI spawning system." I guess this bug isnt only on Customs... Cant finish this questline now. I hope this will getting a fix soon.

Are the Devs even aware of this bug right now?!