Matt85

Does 7.62x51 suck now?

Matt85

I just got back into Tarkov after taking a 7 month break and something seems off. I've been playing with the new RFB using M80 ammunition and im quickly finding that even lvl 2 armor provides real protection against this cartridge/gun. If my opponent is wearing level 2 armor it takes 3-4 chest shots average to kill them. If they are wearing level 3 armor its 4-6 average depending on armor health. If they are wearing level 4 its 4-8 average depending on armor health. I did have one case recently where i was able to kill a scav wearing lvl 4 (40hp) rig in 3 shots but this has not been the norm (it may not have been full health).

I dont understand why lvl 2/3 armor provides any protection against M80 ammunition, it should ignore these weak armors! Level 4 armor should be the only armor that provides any protection at all and that should be minimal against this cartridge (maybe 3-4 chest hits to kill).

-matt

GeneralBrus
5 minutes ago, Matt85 said:

I just got back into Tarkov after taking a 7 month break and something seems off. I've been playing with the new RFB using M80 ammunition and im quickly finding that even lvl 2 armor provides real protection against this cartridge/gun. If my opponent is wearing level 2 armor it takes 3-4 chest shots average to kill them. If they are wearing level 3 armor its 4-6 average depending on armor health. If they are wearing level 4 its 4-8 average depending on armor health. I did have one case recently where i was able to kill a scav wearing lvl 4 (40hp) rig in 3 shots but this has not been the norm (it may not have been full health).

I dont understand why lvl 2/3 armor provides any protection against M80 ammunition, it should ignore these weak armors! Level 4 armor should be the only armor that provides any protection at all and that should be minimal against this cartridge (maybe 3-4 chest hits to kill).

-matt

Well its hard to say what exactly happend there, what i can say for sure is that back before they added 5 more HP to the thorax ppl were crying crazy about m80 and 7n1 one shotting people, some streamers even falsely claimed 7n1 does oneshot kill lvl 6 armour.

So to get back to your case, as long as im not totally wrong,  i would say that m80 is a reliable 2 shot kill vs 1-3 armor as long as you hit only thorax of course. And im pretty sure m80 is a 5 hit kill vs lvl6 armor, or maybe even 6 hit kill depending on what kind of lvl 6 armor you use.

So what ever happend to you, it was not regular stuff, maybe your targets arms blocked some of the dmg, or it was some hit reg issue. Also worth knowing, some AI has increased HP like raiders and scav bosses.

Speznat

bullet damage is now a joke, its far away form relistic. bullets should be more devastating as they are in real life.

• Like 1

Matt85
19 hours ago, GeneralBrus said:

So what ever happend to you, it was not regular stuff, maybe your targets arms blocked some of the dmg, or it was some hit reg issue. Also worth knowing, some AI has increased HP like raiders and scav bosses.

you could be right on some of the cases. but two examples I dealt with were for sure chest shots with no deviation (done on purpose to test the gun). in both cases it was a silly scav that thought I couldn't shoot it behind a small obstacle. these were slow well aimed shots that were confirmed as hits at the end of the raid. it took 3 chest shots to kill a scav wearing 6B2 armor (lvl 2 with 80hp) and 4 shots to bring down a scav wearing 6B23-1 armor (lvl 3 with 60hp). both cases should have been impossible... level 2 and 3 armor should be like toilet paper to the M80 round!

now I will freely admit this is a pretty small sample and maybe these were rare flukes. but running the RFB since put into the game has not impressed me so far. I had higher expectations for semi-auto 7.62x51 using FAL mags.

-matt

GeneralBrus

sounds weird man, but im kinda intrested now, gotta check this stuff out myself.

symbiote
20 hours ago, Matt85 said:

I only use this caliber or russian equivalent, and i can say they have reduced it very much....

also this caliber should penetrates 4 - 6 level....also i noticed that even if full auto to chest, many cases armor is fine....do we have again armor bug?

This game become arcade simulator...here you go this is a NIkita's vision for this game apparently...

17 minutes ago, Matt85 said:

now I will freely admit this is a pretty small sample and maybe these were rare flukes. but running the RFB since put into the game has not impressed me so far. I had higher expectations for semi-auto 7.62x51 using FAL mags.

-matt

it is not rare....

davidj123456

7.62x51mm M80 can penetrate Level 4 armor and can 2-shot the Thorax and 1-shot the Head. It can contest Level 5 armor just fine.

Fumungus
9 hours ago, Matt85 said:

you could be right on some of the cases. but two examples I dealt with were for sure chest shots with no deviation (done on purpose to test the gun). in both cases it was a silly scav that thought I couldn't shoot it behind a small obstacle. these were slow well aimed shots that were confirmed as hits at the end of the raid. it took 3 chest shots to kill a scav wearing 6B2 armor (lvl 2 with 80hp) and 4 shots to bring down a scav wearing 6B23-1 armor (lvl 3 with 60hp). both cases should have been impossible... level 2 and 3 armor should be like toilet paper to the M80 round!

-matt

if you shoot through different obstacles there is a damage reduction for each type i believe. ignore this comment if you shot the body part sticking out from the obstacle

ACuddlyBadger

Yes 7.62x51 is a terrible caliber, same as 54R.

Matt85
4 hours ago, Fumungus said:

if you shoot through different obstacles there is a damage reduction for each type i believe. ignore this comment if you shot the body part sticking out from the obstacle

the body was sticking out of the obstacle.

-matt