Sign in to follow this  
scrappercb

Grenades

scrappercb

Am I the only one who feels like grenades (Specifically the act of throwing them) are broken at the moment?  Currently I can throw a grenade, watch it go through a window just for it to somehow blow up at my feet.

When throwing grenades it's really difficult at the best of times (Even streamers with thousands of hours in the game have trouble) to throw it where you're intending to and I don't feel it should be quite as hard as it stands currently.  Some sort of throw indicator a la Hunt Showdown is required.  I'm not suggesting you should be able to throw with pinpoint accuracy as I know that's not exactly realistic, but for God's sakes I should be able to throw it with "some" accuracy (Indicator could show an ever expanding cone for example, longer the throw the bigger the variation in where it'll land).

If I'm alone in my thoughts cool, but if not I think it's something that the devs really need to consider as the currently mechanic is in my humble opinion pretty frustrating and not as fun and engaging to use as it could/should be.

Thanks guys.

Niewiarygodny
7 minutes ago, scrappercb said:

Some sort of throw indicator a la Hunt Showdown is required

No pls no.
We already have colours for cases/backpacks which make no sense in such game as Tarkov.
Or compass which display direction on the left instead forcing player to watch on actual compass.

9 minutes ago, scrappercb said:

If I'm alone in my thoughts cool

But don't get me wrong, i just not agree with indicator. I do agree that throwing grenades is hard.
ATM we have 2 ways of throwing grenade long and short.
There could be 1/2 more ways of throwing, like rolling and medium throw. Also making then under somekind of button, not forcing ppl to take grenade from pocket, then removing the pin and throwing.

Like once you reach +- 40 strength you have problems to throw grenades fast on short distance becasue throwing grenade into the ground and trying to "roll" grande is a complete RNG.

Overall in my opinion throwing grenade should take 1-2 s more than it's now, but we should have diffrent ways of throwing grenade under  x buttons. 

scrappercb
4 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

No pls no.
We already have colours for cases/backpacks which make no sense in such game as Tarkov.
Or compass which display direction on the left instead forcing player to watch on actual compass.

But don't get me wrong, i just not agree with indicator. I do agree that throwing grenades is hard.
ATM we have 2 ways of throwing grenade long and short.
There could be 1/2 more ways of throwing, like rolling and medium throw. Also making then under somekind of button, not forcing ppl to take grenade from pocket, then removing the pin and throwing.

Like once you reach +- 40 strength you have problems to throw grenades fast on short distance becasue throwing grenade into the ground and trying to "roll" grande is a complete RNG.

Overall in my opinion throwing grenade should take 1-2 s more than it's now, but we should have diffrent ways of throwing grenade under  x buttons. 

I get where you're coming from with not wanting to make things too 'gamey' but at the same time in reality I would have *some* idea as to where I was throwing something.  The current mechanic in Tarkov makes it extremely difficult (beyond the point of credulity imo) to know where a grenade will land.  My suggestion would just indicate a cone (Size depending on length of throw and relevant skills or whatever) where the first bounce would happen, beyond that it'll land where it lands.  RNG would determine where in the cone it hits.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to resond. :)

behi09ma
1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Also making then under somekind of button, not forcing ppl to take grenade from pocket, then removing the pin and throwing.

i agree with most of your sayings, except this ^

actually they should remove the instant throw nades with one key. all the nades should have delay with throwing, which it should be like taking the nade out of your pocket, pulling out the pin and throwing it, cause apart from being unrealistic, they need to stop spamming nade fights.

about the title i should say, practicing will increase your ability to determine where the nade will land, and of course we don't need indicators at all.

next time shoot the windows first and then nade throw it if you are indoors, cause there is a bug which sometimes that nade can not pass the window but it shows it went through it.

Niewiarygodny
1 hour ago, scrappercb said:

but at the same time in reality I would have *some* idea as to where I was throwing something

Well, if you play long enough you have idea where grenade will be thrown, will you hit that window or not.
I know how long grenade will travel, but i don't know how it will react after bounce since it's RNG as i said :P.

12 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

i agree with most of your sayings, except this ^

I knew that it will be issue for some ppl thats why i said that animation of throwing should take 1-2 more.
Cause lets be honest but switching from weapon to grenade, taking the pin out, throwing it, switching back to weapon takes too much time.

behi09ma
3 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

I knew that it will be issue for some ppl thats why i said that animation of throwing should take 1-2 more.
Cause lets be honest but switching from weapon to grenade, taking the pin out, throwing it, switching back to weapon takes too much time.

that is why throwing nades should be a tactical thing in the game.

trust me doing all those animations are necessary and if you compare that in real  world combats, you will notice that, it even needs more time to throw it. some of the marines use tapes on nades and for throwing it they use knives also. that doesn't need to be in the game but it needs to have more animations for sure.

Niewiarygodny
10 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

that is why throwing nades should be a tactical thing in the game.

For me overall loot should be much more rare, including greandes which would change how ppl use them :P.

But ye, we udnerstand each other ^^

LoginTaken

The issue is your character can't throw a grenade while turning.

Having been killed by my own grenade because I thought I could aim while throwing. Honestly I would just like the ability to determine distance thrown by how many times I press G.

Gx1

10m

Gx2

Gx3

what ever max is