Disallowed program running #17

RiXZ66

Hello everyone,

I just bought the game and I am getting "disallowed program running #17" and the game kicks me out .. I guess the game doesn't like a process of mine, just I don't know which one.

Is there are list of known "bad" programs for EFT so that I check this somehow?

Hello @RiXZ66,

Welcome to EFT! Sorry to hear you're having issues! 

First thing I would suggest is doing an "integrity check" through the launcher 

image.thumb.png.12cec738d9a383b70191efdd7692c09f.png

Next, we want to start ending processes one by one to narrow down which one is the issue.

Some common culprits are: 

• Reshade
  • VMWare
  • Hyper-V 
  • Old GeForce Experience versions

Let me know if this helps!  

• 2 months later...

hacks... mostly.

some of the radar hacks used to use a vm to hide it from the anticheat, so now anyone running a vm will get booted.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also trying to use VirtualBox on the computer that I use to play tarkov. I just got booted from a tarkov lobby with no active vm but with the VirtualBox application open. Is closing the application enough even with linux subsystems running in the background or do I need to do more? I imagine I'll have an answer in a few hours, but it took about an hour and a half of playing before the first boot.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add that I got this error 3 or 4 times today before I realized it was VirtualBox for a programming class I'm taking.

• 1 month later...

Just lost all of my gear in a raid because these guys can't figure out how to anti-cheat without impacting the rest of the system. Heaven forbid you're a developer who likes to game in your free time.

Was doing some work and decided to take a break and play. Got the error, took me a few minutes to figure out what the hell was wrong but then even after I found this post, the server kept disconnecting me every time I'd login even though I already closed VBox and other things with the last one me loading in to see a scav shooting me, me spraying on his head only for the server to disconnect me and send me to the main page. 

Amazing how I can develop in between matches on any other game except this one. I'd really like to not have to shut down my dev environment just to take a break. Disabling all hypervisors to play a video game is ridiculous. Fix it right.

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, MylesE said:

Hello @RiXZ66,

Welcome to EFT! Sorry to hear you're having issues! 

First thing I would suggest is doing an "integrity check" through the launcher 

Next, we want to start ending processes one by one to narrow down which one is the issue.

Some common culprits are: 

• Reshade
  • VMWare
  • Hyper-V 
  • Old GeForce Experience versions

Let me know if this helps!  

G'day MyLese,

I had VM VirtualBox Running at the time and every time I Tried to login to a game I  was kick  \  Disconnected within 30 sec - 1 min of loading into a match \ raid

• 1 month later...

I just got kicked for this and im laughing so hard what an absolute shambles. Hackers are rife as hell and I can't run a vm machine in the background? Im a drilling engineer.. I need VM's running.. How utterly pathetic that a game can tell you no to run something on your machine completely irrelavant to hacks.. Gobsmacked.

Note: Hold up I just shut it down and still being kicked are you telling me i need to turn Virtualisation off in the bios? If that's correct that is utterly outrageous.. It has nothing to do with hacking you can legitimately use this feature in windows lol! Jesus Tarkov Dev's never fail to amaze me with the level of stupidity.

Edited by Scotsman84

On 5/19/2021 at 11:00 PM, SiniMiniT4 said:

Just lost all of my gear in a raid because these guys can't figure out how to anti-cheat without impacting the rest of the system. Heaven forbid you're a developer who likes to game in your free time.

Was doing some work and decided to take a break and play. Got the error, took me a few minutes to figure out what the hell was wrong but then even after I found this post, the server kept disconnecting me every time I'd login even though I already closed VBox and other things with the last one me loading in to see a scav shooting me, me spraying on his head only for the server to disconnect me and send me to the main page. 

Amazing how I can develop in between matches on any other game except this one. I'd really like to not have to shut down my dev environment just to take a break. Disabling all hypervisors to play a video game is ridiculous. Fix it right.

Comletely agree its utterly ludicrous to completely block hyper v some people actually use it!!