Plymagrad

Another patch and more FPS issues

Plymagrad

Hi Everyone

Been taking a long break from Tarkov as when the customs update came about my frames tanked from around 90-100fps to 60-70fps. The game was still playable and speeds were decent. But on this new patch just dropped my frames have gotten even worse. I am now down to 62fps max, most of the time customs will play at 45-47fps!!! It appears with every update I am getting pushed out the game.

I have tried dropping settings, although this makes no difference. I have turned off the new High Quality Colour option. Also switched off Auto RAM cleaner and Use Physical Cores.

I really want to get into this game again, but when you have been used to 100fps playing at 45fps seems a kick in the teeth.

My rig specs can be seen down below:

• Sapphire Pulse 5600XT OC Edition (With Manual Clock to MAX)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
  • 16GB 3000Mhz DDR4 (XMP profile Enabled)

Anybody got any ideas. Really missing this game right now.

• Like 1

Kimuri

Get intel, AMD sucks lol.

I have a laptop and run 70 fps min.. 

Plymagrad

Not helpful man... I get that people will argue AMD/Intel and AMD/NVIDIA but I have the setup I have. I got many more frames before the patches and I am just reporting that its getting worse in terms of optimisation.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any solutions. Find it strange that adjusting settings does nothing to my overall FPS, just makes the game look bad. Medium and High texture switching does nothing for frame rate.

Plymagrad

Probably true ha ha. I will get to enjoy streets fully as I will be moving at 10fps. Its gonna be a slideshow ha ha.

Dangle_

I would suggest playing something else, the game is a mess 

OneChop

Sometimes its server based, i was playing on finland the server yesterday and the frames was horrible but when i switched to the london one i gained 20 fps and it was as smooth as butter.

Plymagrad

Will try switching servers. All of my tests have been in offline modes so far. So I am wondering if that makes a difference. Will have to try risking some loot on a London server running 45fps against someone at 120fps :(

papa_koba

I have almost the same issue.

Game feels like running at 20fps, but got an averrage of 60 (with huge drops), with a decent rig (Ryzen 5 2600, 1660 super OC, 16gb ddr4 3000mhz)

Game never worked fine on my rig though, whatever setup/optimization/anything I do 

jaimebombas

Having the same issue plus stuttering.

Playing offline without SCAVs game runs fine. Stable 60fps and no stutter. However if i do the same offline map but with SCAVs the game stutters and i get fps drops. Online same thing . Tried almost every goddamn tweaks and in-game settings... nothing seems to fix the stuttering which leads me to the conclusion that NPC's are the ones to blame.

My rig:

• Intel i5 6500
  • 16GB RAM DDR4
  • RX480 4GB
  • SSD

Some players don't seem to experience any kind of issues. Game is hardware picky maybe...?

OneChop

I know if i have the use only physical cores option checked, i get stutters (i'm on a ryzen cpu) but unchecked i get none, even though in theory is should run better. Could maybe help somebody.

Also i've heard that closing down the unity crash handler in the task manager could help.

Edited by OneChop
More info

Plymagrad

We all know the game is poorly optimised at this point. Feel like optimisation should be something BSG do next. But has anyone seen there frames just get worse with each patch? Seems like I get the best frames on maps that have not been changed i.e woods & interchange. Could it be that the additions to the maps have some kind of memory bleed or excess data we cant see?

jaimebombas
23 minutes ago, Plymagrad said:

We all know the game is poorly optimised at this point. Feel like optimisation should be something BSG do next. But has anyone seen there frames just get worse with each patch? Seems like I get the best frames on maps that have not been changed i.e woods & interchange. Could it be that the additions to the maps have some kind of memory bleed or excess data we cant see?

Could be...

Only map that runs perfectly fine for me it's factory. No stutters, no fps drops...

In all the other maps the stuttering / fps drops start if there's SCAVs

Fakte

Try the optimization Guide from a Guy named panj this helped me alot and Put my Frames Back to 60 and more

jaimebombas

Tried every goddamn optimization guide on the internet... nothing seems to work

I've made two videos in offline mode, one with scav's and another without:

SCAV'S (Take special attention to the GameUpdate line)

NO SCAV's 

The only map that runs perfectly fine online or offline with scav's is Factory

• Like 1

Plymagrad

Its weird I get much more of a pronounced drop in frames. On old non changed parts of the map I will hit 90fps when the game starts dropping to 60ish when the Scavs spawn in. As soon as I go the garages across the water and enter new sections I will drop to 45fps. The patch before this the same area would yeild 55fps and before customs expansion when the game run fine I would get 80-90fps. Micro stutters are a bit noticable now too. But they haave always been there, but luckily not to bad for me. Its just the frames that are a sod.

jaimebombas

I've made another video, this time online

online test

see the micro stuttering? it's a pain in the ass when you're trying to aim (witch leads to loose almost every encounter with other players / sacv's). after this i killed 4 scav's and the stutters were much less frequent

on another note: yesterday i was playing and a guy killed me (the usual 😅). he had a TTV tag on is name and i managed to find him on twitch. Long story short my game was stuttering like hell and on his side was running butter smooth.

BSG seems to be aware of this the issue. They replied to the support ticket i submitted with the two videos posted above, saying that they are investigating and working on it.

Game seems to be hardware picky... 😕

• Like 1

Neomancan
On 10/28/2020 at 3:42 PM, Plymagrad said:

Will try switching servers. All of my tests have been in offline modes so far. So I am wondering if that makes a difference. Will have to try risking some loot on a London server running 45fps against someone at 120fps :(

Yoo! Here is the link to my thread. Its not your temps. I read a reddit post saying that in offline mode, scav behaviour is not calculated by the servers, its calculated by your own PC. And since noone else is killing them they constantly move, talk, gesture whether you are close to them or 100 yards apart. I will test reducing the amount of scavs from "as online" to "low" and post it here. Best of luck mate! 

pixaxesss

Yes, noticed same problem. With every patch i get less fps.

I watched some videos and google some stuff to unlock fps cap and to get more fps. Before few patches i was getting i would say 80-144fps(even on updated customs map)on all maps and i think no stutters or atleast i couldnt notice them. Just now i finished custom raid with 60-90fps and tons of stutters...with lower fps i can deal but those stutters man...

I think i have above average pc, nothing overheats. GPU temp is like 64C and CPU ~50-60C while i play tarkov. 

Specs: 2080ti, i9 9900k, 32gb ram, all ssd and all other components are not bad.