HurleyMcSwirley

Bought as gift for someone, will they get Alpha Access?

HurleyMcSwirley

bought this game as a gift for someone and they aren't getting anything about potentially being in the Alpha, since I bought it as a gift do they not get a chance to be in the Alpha since he did not actually buy it?

Orbixal
6 minutes ago, HurleyMcSwirley said:

bought this game as a gift for someone and they aren't getting anything about potentially being in the Alpha, since I bought it as a gift do they not get a chance to be in the Alpha since he did not actually buy it?

The access to the Alpha is dependant on what Edition you bought for your friend.

Currently only the EOD (Edge of Darkness) Edition is the only pack that "Guarantees" Instant access.

The other pre-order packs have a percentage chance of letting you into the Alpha but not a Guarantee. 

Edited by Orbixal
Formatting

HurleyMcSwirley
1 minute ago, Orbixal said:

The access to the Alpha is dependant on what Edition you bought for your friend.

Currently only the EOD (Edge of Darkness) Edition is the only pack that "Guarantees" Instant access. The other pre-order packs have a percentage chance of letting you into the Alpha but not a Guarantee. 

Do you know if they should still get an application for the alpha no matter what? Or if they only get the application IF they are accepted?

Orbixal
Just now, HurleyMcSwirley said:

Do you know if they should still get an application for the alpha no matter what? Or if they only get the application IF they are accepted?

What do you mean? Can you be more clear and specific?

HurleyMcSwirley

After purchasing the pack for myself I got an email with a questionnaire that basically asked what things I have tested before and my PC specs and I received that before I got the Alpha access. The person I bought it for did not receive that email.  

Orbixal

After purchasing the pack for myself I got an email with a questionnaire that basically asked what things I have tested before and my PC specs and I received that before I got the Alpha access. The person I bought it for did not receive that email.  

Which pack did you buy for your friend?

HurleyMcSwirley
1 minute ago, Orbixal said:

Which pack did you buy for your friend?

Left Behind Edition. 

I am just trying to determine if he did not get into the Alpha, or if the invite never got to him because I bought it and not him?

Orbixal

Left Behind Edition. 

I am just trying to determine if he did not get into the Alpha, or if the invite never got to him because I bought it and not him?

If it is a gift there is no difference from buying it yourself.

Also with the Left Behind Edition there i think is something like 50-75% chance of getting into the Alpha but people who bought the game earlier have priority. 

What i suggest to do is leave it a few hours then check his email again if you still have a issue after that contact support: [email protected]