Auvlen

I dare to ask these questions

Auvlen

So im just the kind of guy that pays too much attention to detail and little things catch my attention and keep me up all night... Ok so i may have some problems...

I have been wondering what EXACTLY the factory was designed for. 

Where are the control boxes and machine controls?

Why do they need a battalion of forklifts in such a confined space? and if so where are all the pallets they would be stacking?

HOW IN THE WORLD DID THEY GET THOSE STORAGE CONTAINERS IN THERE?

Will i ever find the answers? 

bUm805

I too was curious of what the factory was used for but my priority was to escape.

• Like 1

StyxMan
16 hours ago, Auvlen said:

The extraction door is next to a way bigger, but closed, hangar door, through which a truck could drive IMO

Jilimel

The forklift must be for those stacks of pipes, and the containers. Also maybe the forklift are just inside for storage and the freight they are supposed to be moving is all outside.

Detector

Oh, man. Thanks for installing this into my mind.

• Upvote 1

Auvlen

I thought so too but then i spawned in offline to test my m4 and died sitting infront of the cubes by spawn going "how the he..." lol there is no opening in the roof and the red doors seem too obstructed by the building design.

Cosantoir
19 hours ago, Auvlen said:

I have been wondering what EXACTLY the factory was designed for. 

The rotating info tiles explain what the factory was used for.  But cant remember what exactly. 

Auvlen

Hmmm interesting. Ill have to screen cap them after work so i can read them fast enough lol. Thanks.

Also i love your profile pic. I always laugh when i see you post Cosantoir. 

Edited by Auvlen
Mobile site nott working well

Cosantoir
29 minutes ago, Auvlen said:

Also i love your profile pic. I always laugh when i see you post Cosantoir. 

Cheers, decided to make something that would quite literally stand out. 

FlyingTurtle

And what are those giant barrel things for? That's my real question. And next to the offices on the third floor there is that little shack made of corrugated sheet metal, it seems very makeshift, but there is a relatively strong stairway leading to it, and a walkway onto the rafters. Also, why such a large locker room with so many lockers, but only a couple toilets. And whats in the building on the first floor, hopefully more toilets... And why is there such an extensive underground system? This is doing me a significant confusion....

Edited by FlyingTurtle
Grammatical error cuz I noob at english
  • Upvote 1

Auvlen
3 hours ago, FlyingTurtle said:

And what are those giant barrel things for? That's my real question. And next to the offices on the third floor there is that little shack made of corrugated sheet metal, it seems very makeshift, but there is a relatively strong stairway leading to it, and a walkway onto the rafters. Also, why such a large locker room with so many lockers, but only a couple toilets. And whats in the building on the first floor, hopefully more toilets... And why is there such an extensive underground system? This is doing me a significant confusion....

Hah! This was a fun post. Everyone who reads this thread will go nuts thinking about this.

• Upvote 1

Emn

maybe its not factory but ironworks?

FlyingTurtle

12 hours ago, Smok_91 said:

maybe its not factory but ironworks?

It doesn't look like it has anywhere to melt down iron, but maybe something more industrial like that.

FlyingTurtle

So apparently (according to the prehistory in the Lore forums) an international gas pipeline was being built, it most likely has something to do with that...

Prehistory2 says something about an unknown industrial production or laboratory of some  kind.

Edited by FlyingTurtle

B0oN
vor 21 Stunden schrieb FlyingTurtle:

-The giant barrel things ? You mean the silos ? Storage for gas/liquid/grain

-That corrugated sheet metal shack ? Sounds like temporary storage of maybe spareparts for the cranes or some such heavy stuff

-Walkway onto the rafters : Crane/window/roof maintenance

-Locker room : Typical for shift working, tons of lockers, one or two peepots

-Building on the first floor : IT WAS ZE SCAVS ! Honestly dunno

-Extensive underground system : Heating, compressed air generators, electricity and other infrastructure

Dats my 2€cent of guesswork, you guys´ turn !

Stay safe, sneak well

FlyingTurtle

I keep digging through the lore and apparently the central office building gets blown up....

xitus
vor 23 Stunden schrieb FlyingTurtle:

It doesn't look like it has anywhere to melt down iron, but maybe something more industrial like that.

It says it was a chemical industrial complex in the loading screen tiles

Auvlen
2 hours ago, TradingJoe said:

It says it was a chemical industrial complex in the loading screen tiles

This meens the maps realy unfinished. Iv worked security the last 4 years for places like that. Everthi g from current to restored from 50s and older depending on what they do (i try not to ask most of the time) i can confirm those vats are commonplace in any factory chemical or not as they can do anything from compress steam to have motors installed for mixing solids and liquids. Even condensers. As for the general layout its way too post conflict to say for certain but this map lacks a proper lab that you would find in any factory that harbors chemicals for mixing in correct quantities. The correct term for the interior building with 3 floors iv always been made to adress as a mesa. (maybe its spelled messa?) 

One things for certain though is that many gauges and computers (or analog controls if its older) are missing from everything from pump systems to electrical and ventilation seems missing but that might be a geographical or culteral difference in building standards.

Anyone think its more like it was repurposed for chemicals post conflict? If so it begs the question what was it before it blew up? How much history was actualy planned for this structure?

DustyTruckie
On 1/21/2017 at 2:21 PM, Auvlen said:

think of the exits.. they're large bay doors that open up, you can only access a smaller door on those for you to escape. So the storage containers would be really easy to get in.

Edited by DustyTruckie

Auvlen
3 hours ago, DustyTruckie said:

think of the exits.. they're large bay doors that open up, you can only access a smaller door on those for you to escape. So the storage containers would be really easy to get in.

Yeah i think your right but my falloup would be who did such a bad job of lining them up lol

Natalino

@Auvlen , the lore right now seems not very connected maybe since not all the features are out there but remember that customs area and factory is connected so those forklifts could be working outside there and being parked inside. You can find a bit of info about this thing on the link below:

You might not find everything but you will find a good amount of info that you can try to connect the dots with for now until story, lore and full feature is available. Enjoy!

ForeverAloneDude

on another note , dont you agree that factory is one of the prettiest and most immersive maps there is atm ? and, looking at the map , looks like the factory will  be one of a kind map- inside map, and all other maps are outdoor ones...

any thoughts =?

erokticone1
On 1/21/2017 at 6:21 AM, Auvlen said:

Why do they need a battalion of forklifts in such a confined space? and if so where are all the pallets they would be stacking?

there is 5 big doors around map

Edited by erokone1

Auvlen
2 minutes ago, erokone1 said:

there is 5 big doors around map

yeah 2 posts up... 

however i have noticed they are still a little obstructed. After some observation there is alot missing from it but it seems to be an actual building they modeled it from.

@ForeverAloneDude Yeah its definitely my favorite. They hinted at a metro in a QandA post though so im excited for other indoor environments.

erokticone1

tbh, do we really need more objects with collision? map is cozy enough. don't you think?