RTX3060 - Horrible Performance on GOOD PC (I NEED HELP)

yyakee

hello ppl (first of all I would like to apologize for my bad english, I live in Austria)

I recently built a PC with the following parts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600x

GPU: RXT2080 (few days ago I got a  MSI RTX3080)

RAM: 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO RAM 3600MHZ

Mainboard: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX

Monitor: SAMSUNG G7 2560x1440 240HZ (but 0.5 Downsampling Ingame)

850Watt PowerSupply

I play EFT with low settings and still only get max 80 - 90 FPS (On Factory max 100). I have a lot of BIG FPS drops (until I only have 30FPS). I installed the latest drivers and the game runs over my SSD. I've already heard that the game is running on a pretty degraded engine called Unity and that that's one of the reasons the game runs so poorly. It can't be true that I have such a bad performance with a PC more than 1500 €. 

Are there any ways I can boost my FPS? If so, please share and help me.. I really hope that someone can help me..

Edited by yyakee

12 hours ago, yyakee said:

I play EFT with low settings and still only get max 80 - 90 FPS (On Factory max 100). I have a lot of BIG FPS drops (until I only have 30FPS).

Run the game with the "fps 2" in the console to see where is your bottleneck (GameUpdate vs Rendering).

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Debug_Console

Edited by lemonader
added wiki link to console commands
  • Like 1

I posted in another thread about similar issue (similar, b/c its a different GPU that I have, but the problem is the same - low FPS, especially when in offline mode with scavs).

I tried your exact settings (and as I posted in the other thread - Im running Nvidia GTX 2080ti) and while the game in general looked to run smoother, I started with crappy FPS (52 FPS) and GameUpdate time of 12.42 (after loading into the map):

35542720_2020-11-0716-15_496_53_145.3_0.0-0_90_10.5_7.83(0).thumb.png.1cd52201797eb8f387950e3455d7fc6b.png

an eventually those numbers dropped to a much worse situation, 30ish FPS and GameUpdate of 20+ ms

160205846_2020-11-0716-32_87_56.1-150.6_0_10.7-0_10.6_9.85(0).thumb.png.f042fa761b0f0bda77bb307ac86bae09.png

• Like 2

Hi guys, let me update you. I've done a lot of research lately on the subject of FPS improvement. And I actually found a very good video that gave me detailed instructions. In my opinion, the video is the best there is on this subject. Before I saw this video, as I said in my first post, I had max 80 - 90 FPS. The game rarely ran at 80 - 90 FPS if I was very lucky with the location and the situation. I was always accompanied by heavy FPS drops, which kept the game running at 30-50 FPS for a long time. Following Panjno's instructions in his video, I now get a constant 90 - 110 FPS (Factory const. 170 - 190 FPS).

here is the link to the masterpiece. 

Spoiler

link removed

I hope I was able to help other people with this post, good luck and have fun playing EFT with more FPS!

peace out

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, yyakee said:

Hi guys, let me update you. I've done a lot of research lately on the subject of FPS improvement. And I actually found a very good video that gave me detailed instructions. In my opinion, the video is the best there is on this subject. Before I saw this video, as I said in my first post, I had max 80 - 90 FPS. The game rarely ran at 80 - 90 FPS if I was very lucky with the location and the situation. I was always accompanied by heavy FPS drops, which kept the game running at 30-50 FPS for a long time. Following Panjno's instructions in his video, I now get a constant 90 - 110 FPS (Factory const. 170 - 190 FPS).

here is the link to the masterpiece. 

Reveal hidden contents

link removed

I hope I was able to help other people with this post, good luck and have fun playing EFT with more FPS!

peace out

I would strongly advise against downloading and installing something random from the internet - especially if it changes your registry keys!

This is how you get your account hacked/stolen (or PC infected with Ransomware/malware). Not saying that this guy is a malicious actor, but I would not download his "FPS pack" right away.

Just to test this though, I will download it on a VM and carefully read all of the registry keys that he has included in his "pack". Then I'll manually implement them on my PC and see if makes a difference.

I guess I will report back in a few days if I do see a change.

EDIT: this Panjno guy does seem credible and he has 300k YT subs, as I found out after making my original post above, but still. You never know.

• Confused 1

Thanks @yyakee 

panjno registry tweaks seems to have a good impact of GameUpdate related issues (Offline with scavs)

I dropped from 30+ GameUpdate to around 12 in Custom with as online scavs.

I've removed the link to the video. You shouldn't need to download a "registry edit fps pack" and I can't recommend it here for the reasons that captainrussia21 stated.

I would be extremely careful making registry changes although it may seem to help with EFT, it could negatively effect other programs and processes.  This is not something the average user should be doing. 

As OP has resolved his issue, will be locking this thread. 

• Upvote 1