xxDeathGunxx

I want to like Tarkov, but I just can't, give us new players a chance

xxDeathGunxx

I've had the game for a little over a year now, and I've played a decent amount. I'm the type of player who doesn't care if I lose and can still have fun in a game, but Tarkov is different. It's a hardcore game and that's why I wanted to love it, it's competitive, challenging, it forces you to become the best if you want to win, but for new players, it's so hard to find enjoyment in playing. So far this wipe I've already lost almost all my gear, I don't have all that much money, and I'm not level 10 so I can't access the flea market. How can I even get anywhere when I'm forced to wait 30 min + just to jump in just to die because I can't even get a damn gun. Once we had to start healing in between raids, I was done with the game for quite some time because it was clear Battlestate didn't care about getting new people in the game. And this is where the sweats of Tarkov get pissed because I insulted their waifu, because Tarkov has so little room for new players to get started and get good. If they could allow new players a way to consistently jump in the game, even if it's only a makarov with 2 mags, I would love to get back in the game and play for hours on end. If you want to call me trash, or some butthurt noob, go ahead and do so, because yes I'm bad at the game, and I want to get good and actually play the game, not sit in the menu for 30 minutes because some geared to the teeth, max level player gunned me down with his m4 when I had nothing but a knife. 

Fumungus

take time to learn the fundamentals of the game and soon enough it should be a cakewalk. you really need the flea market to open the game up so concentrate on that a bit. doing quests is a good way to level up, or just do raids and search heaps of stuff for exp. sometimes i net more on a scav run than a pmc run. i am level 38 and rarely run reserve but it can yield some juicy gear if u find remnants of pmc firefights. u could try to take out glukar as a scav if u are super keen for tasty loot. i ran customs and factory for a long time before i started on the other maps

davidj123456

Use your Scav often, learn to play the game properly, do a lot of money and xp runs, and use the budget options available to you.
At Level 10 you get the 7.62x51mm M80 with the Kel Tek RFB which can easily contest even level 5 armor.
You have plenty of decent options.

• Like 1

MylesE

Find some people to play with.  That's the advice I give everyone, this game is very difficult to learn by yourself. You need someone to show you around and call out your mistakes, it's the best way to learn. 

If you haven't already, check out the Official EFT discord. There's lots of people there willing to help.    There's also the Sherpa program.

Rekonsile
3 hours ago, xxDeathGunxx said:

I've had the game for a little over a year now, and I've played a decent amount. I'm the type of player who doesn't care if I lose and can still have fun in a game, but Tarkov is different. It's a hardcore game and that's why I wanted to love it, it's competitive, challenging, it forces you to become the best if you want to win, but for new players, it's so hard to find enjoyment in playing. So far this wipe I've already lost almost all my gear, I don't have all that much money, and I'm not level 10 so I can't access the flea market. How can I even get anywhere when I'm forced to wait 30 min + just to jump in just to die because I can't even get a damn gun. Once we had to start healing in between raids, I was done with the game for quite some time because it was clear Battlestate didn't care about getting new people in the game. And this is where the sweats of Tarkov get pissed because I insulted their waifu, because Tarkov has so little room for new players to get started and get good. If they could allow new players a way to consistently jump in the game, even if it's only a makarov with 2 mags, I would love to get back in the game and play for hours on end. If you want to call me trash, or some butthurt noob, go ahead and do so, because yes I'm bad at the game, and I want to get good and actually play the game, not sit in the menu for 30 minutes because some geared to the teeth, max level player gunned me down with his m4 when I had nothing but a knife. 

The game takes time to learn. If you arent willing to put in the effort you wont ever find a difference between you and other players. It doenst matter how much time you have in this game new and older players continue to find out new things daily. If you are dying over and over its due to you not learning from your mistakes. This game punishes those put in minimal effort. You have had the game for a year so in theory you should know basic things like spawns and if you are dying in the spawn then you have to understand which spawns you are dying to and learn how to counter those doing it 

wernonwar

I m also a noob but regarding no money; First u can reset every 21 days your account and start with your starter set. 2nd learn  the value of items and loot location

Custom has nice fan made maps. Go to the loot pick the most valuable into your safety container and continue.if u just had a knive even with healing you mostly will have a positive income.

Scav runs as mentioned. Mostly the big gunfights are often over and u will have less stress.

Learn one map like custom and stick with it. As customs is not that full of good loot more beginners will be on the map. Sherpa program was also mentioned.

As soon as u know the basic extracts and loot positions u will get better and better. I have now the prepare of escape version and even I m by far to be good my stash is completely full with weapons and stuff and also even if that's nearly nothing over 1million rubble.

Also secure your equipment if u start to have money. If scav kill you you will get it back. As your weapons are not super good high lvl pmcs wont take it and u get it back. 

Hope that helps.

wernonwar

Btw if u want add me and maybe I can help u a bit :D although I m far from good 

Zeroa

@xxDeathGunxx  many others have given solid advice above.  Finding people to run with.  Learning the fundamentals / one single map like the back of your hand.  I've had three IRL friends get the game a week and a half ago. Two of them are mid-teens level and winning fights and have made their first million(s).  One of them has done all of this plus more, mid-20's level and still scared out of his mind playing - but playing much better than he thinks... he's spent time watching guides, streamers, reading the wiki, and ask lots of questions to our more experienced players.  

YES - you could say, "well all of the learning and guide should be provided in game."  Okay, it loosely is if you follow doing tasks (I know I know) but they do progress you through many different sides of the game - weapons, maps, healing, etc.. Maybe it could be better - so that's why the Sherpa program exists along with countless Discords of players that love to help new players.

I DO recommend if you find people make sure they aren't there to 'hold your hand' but rather, to help you learn.

I hope you start having fun again and I wish you the best of luck!

ACuddlyBadger

Use mapgenie to look at maps, spawns, and where the dense loot is. You can avoid those areas entirely, skirt around the outside of them to try and hunt PMC's going for it, or rush these areas that your spawn is closest to and be the first one to loot, or you can stage an ambush and let a second party fight with a 3rd party and then clean up the winners. 

Note that spawns have extracts on the opposite side of the map bar exceptions like vehicle extracts, paracord extracts etc. With that information you can learn the flow patterns of players on a map. In customs players flow in pretty much a straight line occasionally crossing from one side to another. It tends to be pretty safe on the two long edges of the map. 

image.thumb.png.27697a0b5773f641bade36dd923494dc.png

Then learn the chokepoints and jump spots to enter other 'cells' (areas which are walled off from others by terrain, foliage, walls etc) of the map. Those are very easy to die/kill in. Old gas is one, the dead scav bush by elbow is another, the wall around construction overlooking the 3 way bridge intersection is. You sit in those, you die. 

• Hot 1

Wicked513

completely agree i feel Tarkov needs solo server options when they dont wipe for updates the same people every wipe are maxed out tons of money loot gear an then they get bored of solo so they bring there maxxed friends on 5 man raids an just camp an continue to run around the map till the last 3 minutes. Its stupid an turns so many new players away even some vets who have yet to grind past lvl 30. I hate teams on this game its already hard enough with elite scavs i remember when i first started playing in late 2017 early 2018 when hardly anyone used teams an the savs didnt auto aim it was such a awesome time some of the best times ive had. This game needs to steer away from a battle royal/Esports style game an return to the original theme. Cant even party with random people without whoever loads faster just starts killing each other its pathetic. An this is why all the high end streams just team up an go on rampages an just take an take. I think Pestily is like the only true soldier out there who 95% of his time plays solo.

Arkanfell

You can still go in with nothing but a knife and come out with 100's of thousands of roubles and I'm not talking about the high end loot drops but rather the low hanging fruit type stuff. I only have a survival rate of 30% this wipe because I opted to not be so passive and yes I've paid for it yet still at level 41 I have everything I could possibly want.

The games not 'that' hard, in fact, it may even be too easy. 

• Hot 1

ACuddlyBadger
1 hour ago, Arkanfell said:

You can still go in with nothing but a knife and come out with 100's of thousands of roubles and I'm not talking about the high end loot drops but rather the low hanging fruit type stuff. I only have a survival rate of 30% this wipe because I opted to not be so passive and yes I've paid for it yet still at level 41 I have everything I could possibly want.

The games not 'that' hard, in fact, it may even be too easy. 

bitcoin farm 

Wicked513

All im saying is solo raids need to happen regardless of how many friends you have or dont have the game orignally was intended for solo play on a normal level. I think if theres teams allowed in a raid it should be against other teams an no AI its unfair to constantly hop into a raid with 10-14 people an 2/3 of the players on in teams while theres just the 1 solo guy it happens too many times. That game isnt that hard its just annoying an turning into a pro streamer game where streamers are the only ones with upper hands. Not saying john wick cant pop out an take the whole server down but its just my point as in this game turns new players away because they cant enjoy it between the xp grind to the teams. The game overall is pretty good yah scavs can be jank sometimes but its the 5 man teams i hate the most. I feel if a solo player enters the que they shouldnt be paired with anyone higher than a 2 man team. Thats just my opinion an i know it will never happen because the devs are pushing for this game to become Esports status clearly with the streamer terny they held sure yah it was made up by the streamers but non the less it shouldnt of happened because in reality it was just exchanging gear which is technically against the rules.

Servicer_Skynet

When you have nothing, dodge the patrols.

Avoid engagement, move cautiously.

If you find yourself in a position where you absolutely know you can kill something without attention, do it.

9 hours ago, Wicked513 said:

All im saying is solo raids need to happen regardless of how many friends you have or dont have the game orignally was intended for solo play on a normal level. I think if theres teams allowed in a raid it should be against other teams an no AI its unfair to constantly hop into a raid with 10-14 people an 2/3 of the players on in teams while theres just the 1 solo guy it happens too many times. That game isnt that hard its just annoying an turning into a pro streamer game where streamers are the only ones with upper hands. Not saying john wick cant pop out an take the whole server down but its just my point as in this game turns new players away because they cant enjoy it between the xp grind to the teams. The game overall is pretty good yah scavs can be jank sometimes but its the 5 man teams i hate the most. I feel if a solo player enters the que they shouldnt be paired with anyone higher than a 2 man team. Thats just my opinion an i know it will never happen because the devs are pushing for this game to become Esports status clearly with the streamer terny they held sure yah it was made up by the streamers but non the less it shouldnt of happened because in reality it was just exchanging gear which is technically against the rules.

The thing is, with the right stuff a single person can and will beat the ass of a 5 man fireteam. A small group or a single operator i manuverable, quiet, stealthy. A large group is going to engage more, make mistakes. Pick them off slowly and watch them feel the squeeze.

Arkanfell

Honestly... sometimes you don't even need all the best gear to get the better of fully decked out guys. Some big mandingo ass cheeks spreader with about 5 guns on him and about a million roubles worth of gear on him just.... wandered right past me on interchange two nights ago with all the situational awareness of a complete noob, level 41 he was, no excuse. 3 taps from the Vepr AK 7.62, he was flat on his hole, took his gear and danced all the way to the extract.

I 'almost' did it again outside one of the computer rooms on interchange last night against a 2 man, both decked to the gills but I only had a saiga 9 with Pst ammo, again the idiots just walked right past me, got seven direct hits on one of them before I bought it, one more hit and he would have been dead. Regardless I sacrificed a saiga 9, the other guy sacrificed his surgery kit, all his meds and about 200k+ worth of armour. 

Patience and positioning can make a big difference in this game.

Edited by Arkanfell
typo
  • Like 1