Jump to content

New player Tarkov F.A.Q


tobiassolem
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is a short new-player-FAQ meant to inform newer players of some core important factors of the game.

Thanks to @Cyver and @Endrit for also contributing!

 

newbie_faq.png

Q: How can I as a new player get help with learning about the game?

A: There is a “Sherpa program” full of veteran players that will help you learn about the basics, by joining this and becoming a “Sherpaling” you will quickly get a team to play together with and learn the fundamentals of the game. Find out more about the “Sherpa program” here:

 

Q: What am I supposed to do in the game?

A: Escape From Tarkov is a game with many possibilities! But the easiest way to begin is to familiarize yourself with the maps. There is an “offline raid” part of the game that allows you to test the game out with bots, learn the maps and then begin doing tasks. Each trader you find in the game has a list of tasks (or quests if you will) where you can earn some in-game experience and rewards, as well as reputation (that will open up more items for purchase with this trader)

 

Q: What happens to my stuff when I die?

A: Due to the hardcore aspect of the game, you lose everything you bring with you into a raid when you die or you get MIA (missing in action). There is only one exception: Your secure container - Items you store here are saved even when you die.

 

Q: What is a secure container?

A: As we mentioned above, once you die you lose everything except for what is in your secure container. There are different sized secure containers, the smallest one is a 2x2 slot (called the alpha container) and while some can be purchased from the traders, the biggest one can only be earned by doing tasks for the traders.

 

Q: I have found something that I think is a bug in the game, how do I report it?

A: Since Escape From Tarkov is in beta, there will be bugs! Thank you for wanting to report them, making bug reports will help us solve issues with the game. You can report bugs via the in-game launcher “Report bug”-feature. Please describe the problem, and attach the game logs, and preferably a YouTube-video showing the issue.

 

Q: What is a wipe, and when is a wipe?

A: Whilst the game still is in development, the dev team BattleState Games will sometimes require all of the user data information to be cleaned, meaning the profile data will be reset to the starting point, meaning: every player will have their inventory, task-progression, experience, etc. reset to what it was from the first beginning. Some patches modify the game to such an extent where this is necessary. Thus far this happens about once or twice per year.

 

Q: What is the Hideout?

A: The hideout starts out as an abandoned cellar somewhere with limited options, but will provide you with the ability to craft items, improve your health, test weapons, generate bitcoins, task helper SCAVS to fetch things for you,  and much much more! 

 

Q: The game feels unfair to me. Why am I getting matched against groups when I am solo-queueing?

A: The game is not meant to be "balanced" or "fair" in the conventional meanings of these words. The game is meant to be hard for new players - and the core design is based on you playing together with a squad. Going solo is of course possible, but much more difficult! It’s also about crafting YOUR story. Play the way you want, but please understand that some play styles will be tougher as a beginner than others. You can find more info about The Vision of Escape From Tarkov here :

 

Q: Why are people not dying? They keep tanking all my bullets.

A: Different types of ammo have different purposes. Once you know which ammo does what, you’ll have better success. Some ammo is really good at penetrating armor, others are good flesh damage. Choosing the right type of ammo for a fight is important. Example : Using flesh damage ammo would be effective when spraying the legs, arms or hitting them in the face.

A good resource to see what ammo does what is : https://tarkov-tools.com/ammo

 

 

 

TRANSLATIONS:

  • Serbian translation can be found here thanks to our Emissary @Browsk1
  • Swedish translation can be found here thanks to our Emissary @02_
  • Arabic translation can be found here thanks to our Emissary @FlokiiiMVP
  • Spanish translation can be found here thanks to our Moderator & Emissary @andresto
  • Italian translation can be found here thanks to our Emissary @ZioEnzo
  • Dutch translation can be found here thanks to our Emissary @Endrit
  • Romanian translation can be found here thanks to our Emissary @j0zeph
  • Portuguese translation can be found here thanks to our Sherpa & Emissary @Alexandre_5
  • German translation can be found here thanks to our Emissary @Aleshani
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm considering buying this game. But I think 109.99€ is way too much for a game I don't know if I'll love or hate.

Can I upgrade the Standard version if I like it? or will I be stuck with a 10x28 Stash for ever?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 12 Minuten schrieb ChaosDMNS:

I'm considering buying this game. But I think 109.99€ is way too much for a game I don't know if I'll love or hate.

Can I upgrade the Standard version if I like it? or will I be stuck with a 10x28 Stash for ever?

Yes, i started with the Standard Version and later upgraded to the EOD version, the price will also be reduced accoring to the version you have and the one you want to upgrade to :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been thinking of buying this game for a really long time, but I don't know if I should, is the standard edition even worth it?

it's the only thing I can afford but I don't know if I'd even enjoy it, I've been asking a bunch of my friends if they had played it but nobody has, I just want to try it out ;~;

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, fiddagracepaws said:

I've been thinking of buying this game for a really long time, but I don't know if I should, is the standard edition even worth it?

it's the only thing I can afford but I don't know if I'd even enjoy it, I've been asking a bunch of my friends if they had played it but nobody has, I just want to try it out ;~;

When it comes to game editions always start with the Standard and if you do like the game you can always upgrade it later on at anytime to the higher editions by only paying the difference in price, not the complete price over again, that if you buy the game on EFT webpage which is what we always recommend.

Will you like the game? That entirely depends on your tastes, I recommend you watch some streams and gameplays on youtube before making a final decision and do keep in mind the game is in BETA, so you will essentially be testing the game until release. Most of the games nowadays are launched in Early Access anyway, so not that it matters too much in that aspect.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sleepyyy said:

When it comes to game editions always start with the Standard and if you do like the game you can always upgrade it later on at anytime to the higher editions by only paying the difference in price, not the complete price over again, that if you buy the game on EFT webpage which is what we always recommend.

Will you like the game? That entirely depends on your tastes, I recommend you watch some streams and gameplays on youtube before making a final decision and do keep in mind the game is in BETA, so you will essentially be testing the game until release. Most of the games nowadays are launched in Early Access anyway, so not that it matters too much in that aspect.. 

From the videos I've seen I think I'd really like it, but maybe it's one of those games you only like when watching and not playing, I just don't know what to do!

I don't exactly have money to spare, the standard edition is ~50€ which isn't something I can treat myself with very often, and then to upgrade would go up to way more, I just don't know what to do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fiddagracepaws said:

From the videos I've seen I think I'd really like it, but maybe it's one of those games you only like when watching and not playing, I just don't know what to do!

I don't exactly have money to spare, the standard edition is ~50€ which isn't something I can treat myself with very often, and then to upgrade would go up to way more, I just don't know what to do

I'll try to give you some help according to my knowledge and experience.

  • Do you have a good computer? (Anything recent that can pretty much launch and play any games, Tarkov is heavily cpu sided)
  • Do you like survival games? Would you be interested in a more "hardcore survival experience"? (Minimal information within game sessions, hard to learn, even more hard to master)
  • Do you have friends to play/potential teach you? The game is extremely punishing to beginners. (We have our own team of veterans ready to teach beginners and there are a lot of communities/clans out there that are extremely helpful).

In a short conclusion, Tarkov is not one of those games you just jump in and are instantly good, you need to dedicate time to it, its not just like any other FPS that you go in guns blazing. If you still are unsure, let me know more information and I'll try to further help you where I can.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sleepyyy said:

I'll try to give you some help according to my knowledge and experience.

  • Do you have a good computer? (Anything recent that can pretty much launch and play any games, Tarkov is heavily cpu sided)
  • Do you like survival games? Would you be interested in a more "hardcore survival experience"? (Minimal information within game sessions, hard to learn, even more hard to master)
  • Do you have friends to play/potential teach you? The game is extremely punishing to beginners. (We have our own team of veterans ready to teach beginners and there are a lot of communities/clans out there that are extremely helpful).

In a short conclusion, Tarkov is not one of those games you just jump in and are instantly good, you need to dedicate time to it, its not just like any other FPS that you go in guns blazing. If you still are unsure, let me know more information and I'll try to further help you where I can.

 

 

 

  • Good Computer; well, I have a 2060, an i5 of 8th gen and 16gb of ram, I guess that's acceptable
  • I do quite like survival games, but I don't know how much I like "hardcore survival experiences", I sure as hell didn't like Rust nor 7 days to die, but that might be because of how shitty the gameplay is
  • I do not have any friends that own it, if I did they'd probably have lend me their account to try it before playing it

I don't really know stuff like, where do you get stuff from? do you spawn with random loot? what would I spawn with if I lost everything? is the black friday sale big?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fiddagracepaws said:
  • Good Computer; well, I have a 2060, an i5 of 8th gen and 16gb of ram, I guess that's acceptable
  • I do quite like survival games, but I don't know how much I like "hardcore survival experiences", I sure as hell didn't like Rust nor 7 days to die, but that might be because of how shitty the gameplay is
  • I do not have any friends that own it, if I did they'd probably have lend me their account to try it before playing it

I don't really know stuff like, where do you get stuff from? do you spawn with random loot? what would I spawn with if I lost everything? is the black friday sale big?

Alright, this video is about 4 minutes long and it will explain you almost everything (video is almost a year old, but the core idea is all there). CLICK HERE

There are many other videos just like this (longer versions) I highly suggest you watch a few of them if you are still unsure about anything related to the game itself, because honestly no message is better than a few images/videos with real explanations so you know the context/ideas behind it!

As for sales, they're usually announced in social medias a bit before they happen, so make sure to follow Escape From Tarkov on different social medias, or join the official discord server.

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I have just purchased Tarkov, however it says that I have no pre-orders.  I can see the transaction pending on my account, but I still have no pre-orders on the page.  What should I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Why are Scav Raids so bad now? Why are timers only 10-13 minutes MAX for scav raids? No players are left in the raid making it literally pointless to play. How can players that used to play scav to enjoy your game play now? Main character? Oh yeah let me load up customs and die 10/10 times as soon as I spawn in. You changed scavs which is a massive part of your game and it’s complete and utter garbage now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...