KocLobster

Please re-enable Steam Audio

KocLobster

Prefacing this with, I love the game and in general approve of the different updates it has been getting. Also, I realize that the Steam audio was "temporarily disabled". I just want to add to the voices of people that hate the old audio with Steam disabled. It is so, so awful. Overall performance is better now, less stutters on Reserve. But I'd prefer those over the current state of audio in Tarkov. Please re-enable Steam audio, and use your new Early Test Servers for disabling Steam audio and over significant changes to the game.

• Like 1

MylesE

@KocLobster,

Steam Audio has been disabled while the developers work on fixing the performance issues you mentioned. There's no current ETR, but I can assure you they're working hard to get it re-implemented. 

• Like 2

JaviHache

but explain me why does the steam-audio which was working fine need to be disabled for everyone when whatever is being implemented can be tested and the old steam audio allowed to work further...

KicKBacK1972

I believe that the first implementation of Steam Audio in Tarkov is not the full implementation. Environmental sounds like bushes rustling when players move through them appears to be the old audio engine still and is highly inaccurate. Hopefully they have temporarily disabled it for now so they can add the full engine! 

thekins

if you like silent footsteps steam audio is amazing!

old audio sounds objectively worse in terms of positional sound but at least you ALWAYS (sometimes) hear the footsies

JewishPlayDate
On 11/15/2020 at 12:09 AM, thekins said:

old audio sounds objectively worse in terms of positional sound but at least you ALWAYS (sometimes) hear the footsies

You always hear the footsteps. In the opposite direction of where they are coming from.

GhostZ69
On 11/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, MylesE said:

@KocLobster,

Steam Audio has been disabled while the developers work on fixing the performance issues you mentioned. There's no current ETR, but I can assure you they're working hard to get it re-implemented. 

This is odd.  One of the other moderators said it was because the current version of Unity the Dev's are using no longer supports Steam Audio.  You are saying that it was disabled due to the dev's trying to fix performance issues.  Which is it?

heliodoros
On 11/15/2020 at 2:09 AM, thekins said:

dude you don't hear anyone with the old audio. Especially if they are one floor above or under you

02_
On 11/14/2020 at 8:17 PM, KocLobster said:

~

Hello! @KocLobster

The reason BSG disabled Steam audio unfortunately is due to the updated Unity engine we are running, Valve has yet to update Steam audio to be compatible with it. Once Valve has updated Steam audio to be compatible with the current version of Tarkov, Steam audio will be re-implemented into the game. Please understand that BSG can't add Steam audio back into the game unless Valve makes it compatible with the current version of Unity.

Nikita mentioned this in the latest podcast #11, i have attached a link below if you want to watch it yourself.

All the best,
Melody,
Emissary of Sweden.

• Thanks 1

MylesE
3 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

This is odd.  One of the other moderators said it was because the current version of Unity the Dev's are using no longer supports Steam Audio.  You are saying that it was disabled due to the dev's trying to fix performance issues.  Which is it?

@GhostZ69

That was the information I had at the time I posted that two weeks ago.   The correct answer is the current version of unity not supporting. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

TheConen

Is there anything new regarding this? Because according to the Steam Audio documentation, Steam Audio supports Unity 2017.1 and higher, no mention of any current Unity versions not supported.