maganon63

Dynamic events

maganon63

Hello,

I think it would be nice to make players from different factions to cooperate some times and what is the best way to do it ?
Dynamic events.

Dynamic events is a quite vague term because you can imagine pretty much anything even things that perfectly fit in the game's RP background.
For instance, some biohazard squads sent by other countries' governments to clean up some mystery mess around the city and who will shot any player on sight.
As those nice guys aren't from Russia, they could have weapons, vehicles, clothes, etc from any country.
They could build some dynamic camps or fortify a building to investigate it and in which players can lurk to gather some "exotic" (no Russian) loots by robbing/killing the biohazard squads.
They could have some armored vehicles that the players have to take down to gather high tier/rare/unique loots (kind of world boss).

I think dynamic events is something that really need to be developed in a MMO Survival game because it makes every game session singular by its content and situations in PvP and PvE.

What do you guys think about that ?

• Upvote 3

Alpha-30k

I think dynamic events are a good idea, but I would think of them more like weather events or storms because a death squad would likely drive the players off of their path when they are already constrained by a time limit to get the hell out of there. xD Great suggestion though! 

Drakkaar
36 minutes ago, SilentOption said:

I think dynamic events are a good idea, but I would think of them more like weather events or storms because a death squad would likely drive the players off of their path when they are already constrained by a time limit to get the hell out of there. xD Great suggestion though! 

I second this, I would much rather see environmental changes over dynamic events.  Traders will have 'Quests' for you to do, gather specific items (maybe intel about another Faction??)  as something to do in free-roam to give you objectives, the player engagements are what make it dynamic in itself.  But having it go from a winter environment back to more of a summer would be pretty awesome. Even if that was just an expansion in the future.

vammaane
4 hours ago, SilentOption said:

I also second this, but they could place these events in free roam mode where is no time limit. This way free roam mode could have some entertainment other than just killing players.

• Upvote 2

Ninjapiraatti
48 minutes ago, vammaane said:

I also second this, but they could place these events in free roam mode where is no time limit. This way free roam mode could have some entertainment other than just killing players.

If my memory serves me correctly there's going to quest that are handed out by traders so tgere should be plenty of stuff to do. But I agree with you all that dynamic events should make it more interesting. Maybe something like seeing a helicopter crash or a supply drop from the airplane. Who gets to them first will get the loot. And of course if you can survive to the exit.

• Upvote 1

enigmatic

As far as confirmed dynamic events go, the devs have mentioned weather cycles and random mortar shelling in the city will take place.

Europoor

I think some nasty ideas would be: 

- Flooding

- Airdrops

- Scav gunnery convoys

- Not really an event, but as a period: drought

enigmatic
13 minutes ago, Europoor said:

I think some nasty ideas would be: 

- Flooding

- Airdrops

- Scav gunnery convoys

- Not really an event, but as a period: drought

Also Helicopter or Fixed-wing aircraft crashes, as opposed to Airdrops. It sort of worked in DayZ, but I can see it becoming a major exploit problem with EFT.

imunone

- Scav Basements

- good ol´Helicrashes but please let them fly over the city and crash on an unpredictable place >> PVP magnet

and your should be able to stumble about those events, not like in ArmA Wastleand, markers on map and messages what comes next ^^

Samsevo

well as long as they can make it feel like fun and useful. not something you have to do just to get on with things like in Destiny

Sushi

On the topic, I know mortar barrages and air strikes are supposed to be dynamic events of sorts that influence the time limits of a raid.

But yeah, I'd love these kinds of dynamic events - NPC convoys you can either protect or ambush, helicopter crashes, things that aren't just "a guy with a mask pops up and shoots."

maganon63

Air strikes and over-armed NPCs squads would be a good way to prevent from camping specific areas (such as spawns).

Europoor

With these on the ground we can easily imagine IBCM/MRLS/GSRS strikes. (also fun fact: GSRS means general support rocket system, but often referred to as grid removal rocket system :D)

c300_screen01.jpg.c8c8a2a988d672ab145e17a36fc8065b.jpg.45e1dfdb1bf143ee02038f7c035b918e.jpg

Edited by Europoor

TheTrainStation
22 hours ago, imunone said:

- Scav Basements

- good ol´Helicrashes but please let them fly over the city and crash on an unpredictable place >> PVP magnet

and your should be able to stumble about those events, not like in ArmA Wastleand, markers on map and messages what comes next ^^

Hmmm, sounds a bit like an fps killer. :/

imunone
3 hours ago, TheTrainStation said:

Hmmm, sounds a bit like an fps killer. :/

mmmmhh... why? Do you think its a performancekiller? I don´t know much about gamedeveloping so I can´t tell if it takes to much resources. But I think it would be awesome if you´re looting with your mates in a house an then you hear the sound of a Helicopter. You get out of the building taking a look in the sky and see the copter going down a few blocks away from your team. 

Edited by imunone

TheTrainStation
Just now, imunone said:

mmmmhh... why?

First off all, the helicopter would have to be randomized everytime, + it would require quite a complex AI. To continue, the explosion would have to be rendered, and the physics have to be calculated too.

I just think it is too much for the game, but i suppose a man can dream.

• Upvote 2

Europoor
3 hours ago, Europoor said:

With these on the ground we can easily imagine IBCM/MRLS/GSRS strikes. (also fun fact: GSRS means general support rocket system, but often referred to as grid removal rocket system :D)

Grid square removal system

maganon63
2 hours ago, TheTrainStation said:

First off all, the helicopter would have to be randomized everytime, + it would require quite a complex AI. To continue, the explosion would have to be rendered, and the physics have to be calculated too.

I just think it is too much for the game, but i suppose a man can dream.

There are a lots of mods on ArmA II and/or III that add dynamic random helicopter crashes.
For instance, in Breaking Point Mod (ArmA III), there are random dynamic helicopter crashes and random supply drop.
So, I assume it doesn't need that much resources to be made if mods can do it, however, those mods have ArmA III vehicle mechanics, so maybe it does the main things.
I don't really know about the vehicle itself but the random path isn't a very difficult thing to make if the map uses a coordinates system and the explosions can be the same as the grenades' repeated and tweaked so it makes genuine damages, sounds, smoke, fire, etc. 

Edited by maganon63

TheTrainStation
3 minutes ago, maganon63 said:

There are a lots of mods on ArmA II and/or III that add dynamic random helicopter crashes.
For instance, in Breaking Point Mod (ArmA III), there are random dynamic helicopter crashes and random supply drop.
So, I assume it doesn't need that much resources to be made if mods can do it, however, those mods have ArmA III vehicle mechanics, so maybe it does the main things.
I don't really know about the vehicle itself but the random path isn't a very difficult thing to make if the map uses a coordinates system and the explosions can be the same as the grenades' repeated and tweaked so it makes genuine damages, sounds, smoke, fire, etc. 

You forgot to mention how bad Arma 2 and 3 runs on multiplayer servers. :P If this game will run lower than 80 fps in a multiplayer session, i'd be demanding my money back.

I want something playable. Not a slide show.

maganon63

This is mainly because Bohemia sucks at optimizing stuff (network architecture and engine).

Sushi
13 hours ago, maganon63 said:

Air strikes and over-armed NPCs squads would be a good way to prevent from camping specific areas (such as spawns).

Raids don't have spawns, though. Not sure what free roam is going to be like, but the general impression I had was randomized spawns.

6 hours ago, maganon63 said:

This is mainly because Bohemia sucks at optimizing stuff (network architecture and engine).

I'm reminded of trying to loot a full backpack in Day Z and descending into desync hell >_<

Europoor

Another event for devs: UAV period: If you stay out in the open for more than X seconds (probably 30 is ok), Missile strike is targeted on you.

Natalino
1 hour ago, Europoor said:

Another event for devs: UAV period: If you stay out in the open for more than X seconds (probably 30 is ok), Missile strike is targeted on you.

just a whole wide escape for your life things is not enough?   why do we need to increase the way we possibly die?  lol  i would love to see that kind of crazy things but again it might worry me if it gets screwed up though.

Europoor
29 minutes ago, Natalino said:

just a whole wide escape for your life things is not enough?   why do we need to increase the way we possibly die?  lol  i would love to see that kind of crazy things but again it might worry me if it gets screwed up though.

Maybe as a period in a certain scenario, would not hurt. This could encourage players to fight underground, and CQ, which tests other skills.

Skemba
On 14.02.2016. at 3:13 PM, imunone said:

- Scav Basements

Me being a sniper through and through, I'd set up on a good over watch position and wait. Might sound boring, but it's sure as hell exciting for me, scanning the area making notes, planning and executing the plan. :)