Ravex13

RUN AND GUN

Ravex13

Sorry, but this game is trying going towards call of duty and the run and gun style and not tactical.  You should not be able to run 3 miles.  Players are running across a map faster than a deer.   They are jumping and running.  Then they strafe side to side faster that a bullet.     If your trying to run a somewhat realistic game.(i know its a game) you need to look at speed and logistics.   I joined this way back because I though it was a military tactical game, trying to bring realism.  Its now run and gun and having a position means nothing because u can strafe and peak faster than someone can shoot and still have perfect accuracy.

• Upvote 2

daniel212
39 minutes ago, Ravex13 said:

Sorry, but this game is trying going towards call of duty and the run and gun style and not tactical.  You should not be able to run 3 miles.  Players are running across a map faster than a deer.   They are jumping and running.  Then they strafe side to side faster that a bullet.     If your trying to run a somewhat realistic game.(i know its a game) you need to look at speed and logistics.   I joined this way back because I though it was a military tactical game, trying to bring realism.  Its now run and gun and having a position means nothing because u can strafe and peak faster than someone can shoot and still have perfect accuracy.

Try to get used to it, it will be only worse. I am not even surprised when i got closest spawn to sanatorium on shoreline but everyone is waiting on me aiming on doors while fullgeared, even tho i got only rifle without armor to be fasterm this game is clown fiesta...

davidj123456

In his latest podcast Nikita said they are testing different and improved Inertia on the ETS. Who knows, maybe they will remove the COD style movement.

p4nnus
On 11/22/2020 at 6:45 AM, Ravex13 said:

Sorry, but this game is trying going towards call of duty and the run and gun style and not tactical.

Its very clear from the beginning that you have experience from a year of beta testing EFT. Would actually point what things have taken us towards COD run n gun style? This way it would be easier to tell if you actually have perspective about the subject.

Anyways, weve had mechanics that slowed the game down, if you look at a longer timeline of features implemented. To say that "we are going towards x" you should understand this longer timeline. Do you?

One of the older features that slowed everything down a lot was healing animations. A recent one that slowed things down just a tiny bit, was the heavy bleeds. I cant personally think of anything that really made gameplay faster intentionally, except for maybe unrealistic helmet balancing (they withstand too much dmg to the point of being ridiculous, thus run n gunners are the people who benefit the most). One upcoming feature that will slow everything down more is the armor plate system. 

I personally believe that pretty much everything what we have is a placeholder, as some active (in the forums) BSG crew members have stated and not the final state or anything even representative of it. The ones that are accustomed to the run n gun gameplay with extremely forgiving armor and helmet mechanics are gonna be in trouble once the game gets more realistic. We have already seen pre-rendered sneak peaks of the plates, for example, so theres no reason to expect that they wouldnt be implemented. Movement has been addressed too, Im sure it will be made more realistic and there should at the least be more weapon sway when changing direction.

dkg
9 hours ago, p4nnus said:

I cant personally think of anything that really made gameplay faster intentionally

maybe not intentionally by devs but there is one such thing - players are getting better and better in exploiting every game mechanic flaws to the point of absurdity

Edited by dkg

Ravex13

Good points. Agree with alot of them.

Tonight. played, a guy strafed left and right 2x then dropped faster than an m4 on full auto and got a headshot.  

I know, could be skill or luck..  just seems like right now, speed, crazy unrealistic movements and running across from radio tower to radar station and up the stairs in one go with armour and a weapon is kinda one sided and aka call of duty style nor military based.

i know its in beta.  Just hope people who want a more realistic game speak about vs the ttvs etc and get the game to what is was supposed to be.

SR_Madruga
9 hours ago, Ravex13 said:

Good points. Agree with alot of them.

Tonight. played, a guy strafed left and right 2x then dropped faster than an m4 on full auto and got a headshot.  

I know, could be skill or luck..  just seems like right now, speed, crazy unrealistic movements and running across from radio tower to radar station and up the stairs in one go with armour and a weapon is kinda one sided and aka call of duty style nor military based.

i know its in beta.  Just hope people who want a more realistic game speak about vs the ttvs etc and get the game to what is was supposed to be.

Yes, I know what you're talking about... Now it doesn't matter your position, what your strategy is, a guy running and jumping can kill you in a second...

Was playing right now as a scav in customs, had sks with t45m rounds, was roaming around the old gas station area going to construction when I saw a player scav proned and passing through the rail road, shot him a couple of shots, he went up and ran, made some kind of magic and reappeared next to me, as I was close to the wall inside the old gas station territory, he didn't see me while was running and jumping like a fool, as I had realoaded my gun, shot him again at a point-blank range, while I was shooting he was running and jumping like a clown, sudenly he turned around and shot me twice with a shotgun, result? Died... In the post raid screen said I shot 20 rounds and hit 5, no way I've could miss that much in a close range in two scenarios. This encounter pretty much describes what is playing tarkov right now, hit detection is broken, the majority of guns useless and playing as PMC not worth it.

Before anything they should fix the hit detection system, balance some stuff, nerf some others and with the addition of the inertia we could have a pretty good experience...

• Like 1