Lash401

Broken limbs, medicaments and individual weapon mastery.

Lash401

If a limb is broken, it should not be able to be used, hence running with a broken leg. Compare it to the broken leg mechanic to arma 2 where you were forced to crawl if you wanted to move.

Not sure if it is in the works, but why are there different adrenaline stims ingame already? Is it so that there will be featuring a knockout mechanic, i.e. if you are shot in the helmet, you get concussed and pass out from the impact of the shot?

These are things that have bummed me out the most in the game. As well as the META weapon builds. It should be so that if a character has been using a certain family of weapons, they become more comfortable using that family. Easier to forsee the recoil pattern and better weapon handling.

• Upvote 1

davidj123456
21 hours ago, Lash401 said:

If a limb is broken, it should not be able to be used, hence running with a broken leg. Compare it to the broken leg mechanic to arma 2 where you were forced to crawl if you wanted to move.

Not sure if it is in the works, but why are there different adrenaline stims ingame already? Is it so that there will be featuring a knockout mechanic, i.e. if you are shot in the helmet, you get concussed and pass out from the impact of the shot?

These are things that have bummed me out the most in the game. As well as the META weapon builds. It should be so that if a character has been using a certain family of weapons, they become more comfortable using that family. Easier to forsee the recoil pattern and better weapon handling.

BSG has said that stuff like this is planned and in the works. Honestly I agree and would love to see things like this.

p4nnus

I dont know if the broken leg = crawling has been confirmed, but I think it would be a good idea. Maybe it would be good if you could walk when you use painkillers.. but with pain sounds too? And no running.. This would slow down the game a lot and make it more realistic. 

• Like 1

Majlo
3 hours ago, p4nnus said:

Maybe it would be good if you could walk when you use painkillers.. but with pain sounds too? And no running.. This would slow down the game a lot and make it more realistic. 

How about this: (Next step carries over positives from last step)

Destroyed ("blacked") leg = can't walk (can only crawl)

Destroyed leg + "soft" painkiller (like analgin/ibuprofen) = can walk at lowest speed and has pain sounds

Destroyed leg + "hard" painkiller (like adrenaline/morphine) = can walk at lowest speed and has no pain sounds

Broken leg = can walk at most 1/4 speed (would be lower even with small overweight/restrictive gear) and pain sounds unless at lowest speed (unless overweight put you on lowest)

Broken leg + "soft" painkiller = can walk 1/4 speed without pain noises

Broken leg + "hard" painkillers = can walk at 1/2 speed, can run but running causes HEAVY damage to the broken leg, quickly destroying it entirely ("blacked").

What do you think?

• Like 2

p4nnus
44 minutes ago, Majlo said:

How about this: (Next step carries over positives from last step)

Destroyed ("blacked") leg = can't walk (can only crawl)

Destroyed leg + "soft" painkiller (like analgin/ibuprofen) = can walk at lowest speed and has pain sounds

Destroyed leg + "hard" painkiller (like adrenaline/morphine) = can walk at lowest speed and has no pain sounds

Broken leg = can walk at most 1/4 speed (would be lower even with small overweight/restrictive gear) and pain sounds unless at lowest speed (unless overweight put you on lowest)

Broken leg + "soft" painkiller = can walk 1/4 speed without pain noises

Broken leg + "hard" painkillers = can walk at 1/2 speed, can run but running causes HEAVY damage to the broken leg, quickly destroying it entirely ("blacked").

What do you think?

I think its a great idea and if it were my choice, I would implement this in a heart beat. I wish BSG will do sth like this. IIRC theres been a mention of a complete rework of painkillers and pain meds over all, I hope its made more realistic.

Wouldnt change a thing from your suggestion!

• Thanks 1

Spectator6
On 11/22/2020 at 1:15 PM, Lash401 said:

It should be so that if a character has been using a certain family of weapons, they become more comfortable using that family. Easier to forsee the recoil pattern and better weapon handling.

These are already in the game to some extent, check out the Weapon Mastery and Skills tabs in your Char profile.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:15 PM, Lash401 said:

Yes!

I think a good compromise on this would be some sort of "No Country for Old Men" like hobble. The standard limp, but then, if the player wants to, a faster gait that may damage the player a bit, add more wincing/etc sounds. Something the convey that the player is in lots of pain, maybe the weapon is very unstable... Maybe even lower the weapon while moving if it's something big and bulky, and take a while to "ready" it when stopping to take a shot.

Just thinking out loud...

But yeah, there have been plenty of long in-depth discussions years ago about how pain and damage states could be heightened and varied across the entire health spectrum. They keep saying that more are coming, but it's been a loooooong time. 

Guess we gotta just keep the ideas coming and file under "Soon TM".

Lash401

I know about the weapon mastery and such, but to give some more context to it. If you were to pick up a random weapon of a guy, it should not boast the same stats for you as it did the guy you picked it up from. The individual should have his own handling of the weapon and if he used alot of AK family weapons, thats the type he would be most proffecient with. Hence removing the whole META builds from the game, and rather have the individual META builds per character. The development of your PMC should boast some stats to improve the types of weapons being used, and these stats should be individual.

Another example is, if you are a frequent user of Vertical foregrips you get more and more used to having them on your weapon. You know the recoil pattern, and how the weapon behaves with that type of grip. Suddenly you pick up a weapon with a angled foregrip, then the weapon is mostly known, but the patterns and handling of the weapon is not the same as with a vertical. Pros and cons to this, seeing as you can train your PMC to be a all-rounder with attachments, or if you specialize into one type. 

And FYI to the people saying that you can limp yourself away with a broken limb. Trust me when i say this, that broken limb is a wet noodle and useless. And the pain is freaking unbareable to withstand without heavy painkillers. Same is being shot in extremities, yeah i know adrenaline has a effect of mitigating pain when in heat of battle, but when you get a small breather and start to calm down, thats when the pain comes. 

Spectator6
12 hours ago, Lash401 said:

The individual should have his own handling of the weapon and if he used alot of AK family weapons, thats the type he would be most proffecient with. Hence removing the whole META builds from the game, and rather have the individual META builds per character. The development of your PMC should boast some stats to improve the types of weapons being used, and these stats should be individual.

If I'm reading you right, you'd like to have the recoil benefits of Foregrip A differ from player to player based on their respective skills/etc. Do I have that right?

EFT currently does allow for this type of individual stat adjustments, though it comes at it from a slightly different angle. It standardizes the "base" stats for a variety of weapon attachments, but that resulting combined buff/nerf "package" is then further modified by each player's individual stats. At least that's my understanding...

Each player does have his own individual stats for

• Passive buffs to weapon handling per Skills (recoil control, stamina, etc) 
  • Passive buffs to generic weapon groupings per Skills (pistols, rifles, etc)
  • Passive buffs to specific weapon platform families per Weapon Mastery (AK platform, M4 platform, etc)

These stats combine and augment those stats offered through individual attachments.

Now, to your point of a player becoming more "familiar" with certain weapon setups, that's actually an interesting idea!

Though IMO the amount of increase it offers would need to be very limited (almost to the point of being inconsequential), otherwise a player can take a Trader Level 1 attachment and, by using it over and over and over again, effectively turn it into having stats equal or greater to attachment items meant to be "better" and blocked by higher Trader reps. Because the stat different between certain items is very narrow, by only 1-2% points. So allowing players to "swing" stats by more than 2% could be very problematic to the overall balance/progression intended by the game.

So in that light, I do feel it's more appropriate to standardize buff/nerfs across the board for individual items as it currently is now.