Sign in to follow this  
TickTalk

Bump Stocks for Semi Auto Rifles.

TickTalk

Currently, if a player wants a semi-auto gun to be automatic at it's highest ROF they will use third party mouse or keyboard macros to do so. I think to even this playing field with users who are trying to play the game vanilla without the use of third party software bump stocks could be implemented as a way to even the playing field as well as create recoil patterns for bump stocks to help tune an "Automatic semi-auto" to be balanced as well as the most important factor being that they are a real thing that exists and adds to the realism of the game.

In regards to this, I think currently with the single fire option on automatics, that there should be no single fire option with a bump stock on any rifle converted this way. I know there are automatic versions of basically every semi-auto gun currently. But I think creating a more wild auto option for levels 1-22 would help early players feel more comfortable. I also don't think bump stocks should be on all rifles. The rifles I could see with a bump stock for example would be something that doesn't mod well to have reduced recoil. So something like the hunter, but obviously not on something like the RFB which is more accurate and has a bigger mag to be abused along with a strange stock. I know realism is the most important factor here and deciding what bump fire stocks will be available would be tricky. But considering bump firing can be done from the hip without a stock or extreme muzzle climb IRL I would like to see something like bump-firing or bump stocks implemented. Even if they're not popular, The option would be immersive and save someone a cheesy macro to achieve the same effect.

p4nnus
5 hours ago, TickTalk said:

Currently, if a player wants a semi-auto gun to be automatic at it's highest ROF they will use third party mouse or keyboard macros to do so. I think to even this playing field with users who are trying to play the game vanilla without the use of third party software bump stocks could be implemented as a way to even the playing field as well as create recoil patterns for bump stocks to help tune an "Automatic semi-auto" to be balanced as well as the most important factor being that they are a real thing that exists and adds to the realism of the game.

In regards to this, I think currently with the single fire option on automatics, that there should be no single fire option with a bump stock on any rifle converted this way. I know there are automatic versions of basically every semi-auto gun currently. But I think creating a more wild auto option for levels 1-22 would help early players feel more comfortable. I also don't think bump stocks should be on all rifles. The rifles I could see with a bump stock for example would be something that doesn't mod well to have reduced recoil. So something like the hunter, but obviously not on something like the RFB which is more accurate and has a bigger mag to be abused along with a strange stock. I know realism is the most important factor here and deciding what bump fire stocks will be available would be tricky. But considering bump firing can be done from the hip without a stock or extreme muzzle climb IRL I would like to see something like bump-firing or bump stocks implemented. Even if they're not popular, The option would be immersive and save someone a cheesy macro to achieve the same effect.

Honestly, I dont think PMCs use bump stocks but rather use semi automatic weapons on semi as intended or then just full auto weaponry. I also dont think bump stocks are common in Russia, I believe its mostly a gun nut USA thing.

Got anything to indicate in the other direction?

GeneralBrus

semi auto guns in EFT have a fire rate cap, however some have a "slower" rate of fire and some play like them "good" old cod4 50.cal sniper rifles, like the M1A for example ... shoots as fast as you can click left mouse button.

so a macro only works with some of these guns, however I believe full auto needs to be fixed before we talk about fast fire semi auto guns.

also a bump stock is a very strange and unused item in general, only a thing on the civilian US marked as far as i know, and even there ppl prefer to just have lightweight triggers and to "overgas" them AR's to bump up their fire rate to a level, where full auto wont be needed to begin with.

• Like 1

TickTalk
On 11/25/2020 at 4:01 AM, p4nnus said:

Honestly, I dont think PMCs use bump stocks but rather use semi automatic weapons on semi as intended or then just full auto weaponry. I also dont think bump stocks are common in Russia, I believe its mostly a gun nut USA thing.

Got anything to indicate in the other direction?

It's more so something I'd expect in this game setting of scavengers and what not. I feel like 100% some bum with a civilian semi-auto would put a bump stock on something like an sks. I'm Canadian so I've only ever seen them coming from U.S. sources. If they're not common in Russia then it doesn't make sense and I agree.