ALdavie

Forever "Awaiting session start"

ALdavie

For the past couple weeks I have been unable to enjoy Tarkov at all due to an inability to consistently connect to and stay in games. Either I'm "Awaiting session start" or I get in and the game boots me in less than a minute with the "Server connection lost" message appearing.

Are there any kind of router settings or firewall settings I can make sure are toggled on/off to improve my chances of keeping a consistent connection? I've never had such consistent problems with Tarkov before and it's completely inhibited my ability to play at all.

beton_g

Try an server who has not such a high ping. Try a server with low ping.  Have you tryed this?

firemaster67

I am joining this conversation to say that I also get this - the servers I'm on are average 40 ping. 
The game gets to awaiting session start and then never loads in.

I've been working around it by crashing the game and reconnecting, after which I'll load in fine and the game plays as normal. 

Obviously though, crashing the game just to connect isn't ideal and I'd love to know what causes the hangup.

guyindastreets

I've been experiencing the same problems as above. Just now I started loading into a raid with some friends and get to awaiting session start. I wait 4-5 minutes on this screen while my friends start playing before I alt-tab out and close the game in task manager. I try to reconnect to no avail.

The third time I try to play I verify integrity to try to see if that fixes anything, and it doesn't, so I close the game with task manager again. 

The forth time I clear cache in the off chance it does anything, and again I get stuck at awaiting session start, so I delete the entire game and reinstall. I'm still within the 45 minutes of the raid so once I install the game I try to reconnect, and after 5 minutes of waiting I get the MIA screen.

What else could I have done? This isn't the first time it happened but its the first time I tried every solution I could think of.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x

Video card: Geforce RTX 3070

Memory: 16gb

Storage: 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD

image_2020-12-17_185706.png