JackPainz

What is the best headphone for footsteps / games so far ?

JackPainz

Hey there. I tried many headphones out irl. Ago 10 years i was keep buying new stereo headphones untill i stumbled across surround headphones. I got my first surround headphone like 5-6 years ago and from there i was only sticking to surround headphones but i cant tell where the footsteps were easier to locate. I had the same experience basically with surround and stereo headphones all the years.

My last headphones were the G35, and now the G933 which i wanna sell because i am not happy with it still because of the footsteps quality. It is still impossible to tell if a enemy is at my left, rear left, rear up, rear down or whatever. If i hear steps from the left for example, i can tell that its left. But i can't tell how many degrees i should turn left. It is super hard / impossible. I started turning off surround for EFT for a year now and it got really better by time. But its not perfect.

Same counts for other games. I know people say tarkov has sound issues. But i have this experience in ALL games, even all battlefield series. Battlefield is even worser than EFT. I hear all the footsteps in battlefield from both speakers of my g933 so i can never tell where my enemy is at. 

Many people recommended me to upgrade to the G935. Some people recommended me to buy the G pro x wireless or whatever its called. One guy said to go with the razer blackshark v2 pro.

I need someone who tried all of these headphones out and can tell me which of these are PERFECT for hearing the footsteps clear so i can tell where the enemy is exactly at. It dont has to be any of these listed headphones, i never heard of the blackshark v2 until today anyways so i am not sure. I dont wanna waste / risk my money another time. This is my last time i gonna buy a headphone in my entire life.

Ps. As i said, i dont know if surround or stereo headphones are better. I dont care what headphone you recommend me, idc if its surround or stereo. I just care about the footsteps, thats it. And i wanna use the headphone for many games and not EFT only. I also watch movies (rarely) and listen to music sometimes but i dont care the movie or music quality much. 

swats73

I use Steelseries arctis headset sound is great. Has 2 batteries so one always on charge in base station and can have connected to phone on Bluetooth at same time while gaming so don't miss any calls, no matter how loud I got it. Sound of footsteps are quite pronounced in EFT even with the sound problems. CoD Battlefield and Hell Let Loose easy to pin point.

Swats73

• Like 1

trevorrippeon

plantronic rigs 600x I believe do me wonders. The sound in the game is not to great to begin with.

BrunoAra

I use the same Koss headphones for the last 5 years. They are still good.

Calmac

I've tried Logitech and Razor.

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing better than Seinheisser or Bose. They just do sound right. and I've never been disappointed  with build quality, reliability or audio quality.

calreacher

nordcore82

I had been using my Sony WH-1000XM3 using 3.5m jack when I play alone and my Logitech G35 when I play with others (because of microphone)

Yesterday I ordered 2 new headsets as my end goal is to have the best possible sound and mic for this game: (I will send one back after testing)

Creative SXFI Gamer - because this reviewer states that the "battle mode" button on the headphone makes a hell of a a difference for EFT.

Audeze Penrose: because this are probably the best sounding wireless headphones at the moment, stated by an expert on the Head-fi forum

In the end I think the Audeze should win by far but I'm really curious abvout this "battle mode" effect.

Edited by nordcore82

TarkovCitizen4431498

What's perfect is different for every person. I have had tons of "gaming" headsets in the budget and expensive range, but nowadays I swear by (stereo) Studio headsets. All the other headsets I have had sound like garbage compared to them.

I am personally using a V-moda Crossfade LP2, connected to HiFi receiver and from there via RCA cable to a Creative X-FI Soundblaster Z. In Windows I use Dolby Atmos for Headphones (spatial sound) which was like €15,- 

But in-game you will still have trouble hearing where people are exactly without Steam Audio. So at the moment you might just as well get a $5 headset from a Thrift shop ;).

nordcore82
3 hours ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

What's perfect is different for every person. I have had tons of "gaming" headsets in the budget and expensive range, but nowadays I swear by (stereo) Studio headsets. All the other headsets I have had sound like garbage compared to them.

I am personally using a V-moda Crossfade LP2, connected to HiFi receiver and from there via RCA cable to a Creative X-FI Soundblaster Z. In Windows I use Dolby Atmos for Headphones (spatial sound) which was like €15,- 

But in-game you will still have trouble hearing where people are exactly without Steam Audio. So at the moment you might just as well get a $5 headset from a Thrift shop ;).

Actually I knew thewy added steam audio but I didn't knew they removed it already, damn it!!

nordcore82

Yesterday I received the Creative SXFI gamer.

I can say that this headphone sounds much better for EFT or gaming in general as my Sony WH-1000xm3.

The Sony is much more expensive but also more suitable for other activities like commuting.

But.....the battle-mode button form the creative is garbage.

Will receive the Audeze penrose tomorrow, I'll let you know