Thousand

Progressive Performance Decay Issue - CPU dropping to 10%

Thousand

I've played Tarkov on and off for a while, wanted to get into it again. Ran into this bizarre issue, it's new to me. Every time I load into a raid, every time, the game starts out running at 60-80 fps. Slowly, over the course of the next 4-5 minutes, the performance begins to drop, beginning to average 50 fps, then 40, until it settles at running at a solid, and steady, 25-30 fps. This corresponds to my CPU usage slowly and steadily decreasing from a normal amount to 10-15% CPU usage midgame. Never seen anything like it.

Is it just slowly loading more stuff and my computer suddenly sucks? I could accept it just running poorly except when I load into the raid, I get 80 frames. Very frustrating.

Has anyone ever encountered this? My normal google search yielded nothing.

Nvidia GTX 1660Ti, i7-9750 @ 2.60, in a Predator Helios 300 laptop - nothing special but runs everything else just fine, that original 60-80 frames makes perfect sense in my experience.

Thanks!

Edited by Thousand
  • Upvote 1

fenarid

I have the same problem on Radeon 6800, so its not GPU dependent. When map starts i have 120+ FPS and after ~5min i have 55 FPS and very low GPU load. The same thing is in offline mode.

Cotekh

Same here. Even if my laptop is much worse than yours guys hardware i usaly have around 50-60 fps. Today i install latest update and game starts great but 2-3 min after specialy when scavs showup frames drop to 20-30. 

Cotekh

i think Highquality color setting make this problems i turn it off and for now its better