letimor

Some suggestions to improve the game

letimor

Hi, there!

Im playing Tarkov since 2018, and despite the fact that You, (creators) are very dynamically developing new things to EFT, I decided to share my group thoughts about some upgrades that could make the game better.

1. Rework the system of carrying weight slightly. I think it a little bit too rough especially when the inital limit of carrying stuff is 78kg. In my opinion exceeding that value should give you like 70% penalty to movement.

2. Rework running animation, it is too stiff, irrealistic, unnatural.

3.Repair hitboxes (I know you announced it in last patch)

4.Keep up the work with map optimizations.

5.Think about new targets to achieve in the game. It is like, after 1 intensive month of playing some players have their stashes full of gear and money, and hideouts maxed out. After that there is nothing significant to do.

6.Keep reworking quests.

7.More character customizations e.g. watches, boots, gloves, uniforms, camouflages etc.

8.Rebalance of guns AK, and M4. The end game is like running M4 or HK416 (basically with high rate of fire guns and powerful ammo) modified to have lowest recoil possible and firing full auto at 40 meters from hip. I mean it's not real isn't it? And you guys wanted this game to be real as much as possible.

9. Rework the ammunition types, US, HP, SP, PRS ammo in kalashnikovs are useless even in first days of the game. Currently there are so many drop places where we can find plenty of worthful ammo.

10.Add new grass, metal, wood sounds. I personally find it very tiring to hear same sound of walking on metal stairs and metal fence, barrels etc.

11.Reduce the sounds of wind. Sometimes I feel like playing high upon the mountains than plain landscapes.

12.It is annoying when a little plant make sound like big bush after walking through it.

13.I would like to see vaulting (parkour) system to jump trough open windows instead of crouching and walking through them.

14. Rolling on the ground option (of course without a backpack), climbing up the ladders to get better viewpoints, animation of falling from a high place, like right now its like you take morphine or any other painkiller, fall down from 10/15 meters geared to teeth and kill a player right after landing.

15.Some of scopes and assault scopes should get more clarity when looking through it. In ACOG scope there is some kind of blur or black color around the scope that narrows field of view down.

16. An ability to move,  adjust the scope or sight position on gun rails/ picatinny rails.

17.Option to disable sharpen effect while taking painkillers.

18.Introducing Kevlar plates to some armors/chest rigs

19.More options to open doors

20.Ability to heal/give painkiller to partner

21.Voicechat (but youre already working on it)

22.Add new events to the game. Right almost every map has boss. Maybe we should think about adding airdrops or caravans with loot?

23.Decreasing trees and bushes hitboxes and reworking the sound of it.

24.Think about  winter season and white camouflages? And what comes with it various types of camouflages for specified season and weapon painting. (like the normal ones; not like in MW or BF5)

25. Expanding the look of traders. Till this time there are simple icons with texts, maybe you should think about some animations and graphic designs?

That's all! I really hope some of this you might consider as positive and add it to the game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

tobiassolem

See, this would have been an excellent post for this thread here:

Please feel free to link your contribution there. :)

Kind regards,
Tobias Solem

• Like 1

p4nnus
21 hours ago, letimor said:

1. Rework the system of carrying weight slightly. I think it a little bit too rough especially when the inital limit of carrying stuff is 78kg. In my opinion exceeding that value should give you like 70% penalty to movement.

Nikita said that theres 4 different inertia systems in dev't and testing, so Id expect the movement to change quite much from what we have now.

5.Think about new targets to achieve in the game. It is like, after 1 intensive month of playing some players have their stashes full of gear and money, and hideouts maxed out. After that there is nothing significant to do.

Keep in mind that we play a beta version that has very hastened progression. We progress approx 500-1000% faster than we will in the release ready game, if the non-wipe plan is kept and there wont be any wipes after release.

Progression is way faster than it will be and high end gear & weapons are far more easily acquired than they will be eventually. Most people dont know this as they havent followed the dev't closely, so it will come as a surprise for many players once it happens.

6.Keep reworking quests.

Im sure this will happen, but so far the quests have been either fixed from a broken state, or made easier. I dont like the direction of making everything easier. We only have the trader tasks in the game ATM, the main questline is still to be implemented, but even the tasks are way too easy nowadays. 

Back in the days you had to kill 25 PMCs of the opposing faction in 2 hours for Punisher pt. 6, if you didnt manage you lost reputation. Now you need to kill 15 players with SVD and acquire some dogtags, no time limits. This is a great example of how easy some of the tasks are compared to what they have been. I hope this is placeholder to make people progress super fast, instead of a re-adjusted task.

22 hours ago, letimor said:

7.More character customizations e.g. watches, boots, gloves, uniforms, camouflages etc.

I dont think we need more individual pieces, just more options to the top and bottom and some new hats & masks. Absolutely no need for gloves or boots separately, IMO. 

16. An ability to move,  adjust the scope or sight position on gun rails/ picatinny rails.

18.Introducing Kevlar plates to some armors/chest rigs

19.More options to open doors

20.Ability to heal/give painkiller to partner

22.Add new events to the game. Right almost every map has boss. Maybe we should think about adding airdrops or caravans with loot?

These are planned/to be implemented.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1