• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cmd_boild

• Ventron

• Donidon

• Kinky_Devil

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having the exact same issue. Picked up a 3080 the other day and figured I'd try EFT again with the new card, upgrading from a 1080. The 1080 was giving me better frames back in September. Checkin

Hey Guys,   Hope someone here can assist me in the matter. I bought a 3080 end of October, and EFT was better than ever hitting Fps Cap on all maps with a few dips to 105-121 Fps here and th

I strongly assume that this is an issue in general with RTX 3080. I never had this issue with a Radeon 5700XT.  To be honest, I think it would be better to use the 5700XT for Tarkov instead of th

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Donidon said:

You are not testing this in offline mode with bots? Then this is normal. The bots drain so much CPU power that the CPU is the bottleneck. Because after the first 60s or so, the scavs spawn into the game in offline mode.

Thx for the idea. I really tested only in offline mode and now can say that the RTX 3080 performs (sadly only a bit) better online.

Its playable - during the whole match FPS vary between 60-80. Somethimes there are some freezes but I think thats kinda normal for Tarkov.

But there is one thing I still do not understand: on average Tarkov causes only 40% GPU load for my RTX 3080. Why? There are lots of people saying "I alway have 120+ FPS, no problems". Just how? I just dont get how my 3080 is not able to do this.

After that I did bit more testing and compared with my older setup.

My new PC:

• MSI SUPRIM X RTX 3080
  • Ryzen 7 5800x
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM 4000MHz

My former PC:

• Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700XT
  • Intel Core i7 8700k
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz

I've found that the Radeon 5700XT shows kind of the same behaviour in Tarkov. I must say that I've never realized this.

The difference is that the 5700XT starts with ~90% GPU load (80-90 FPS) and after 1-2 minutes drops to ~70% GPU load resulting FPS to drop to ~50.

In conclusion my 3 year old setup performs just a tiny bit worse in Tarkov than my brand new (i would say  "pretty decent") setup. Thats at least disappointing.

4 hours ago, cmd_boild said:

What GPU do you have?

I just checked that again. 60Hz or 120Hz, G-Sync on or off, V-Sync on or off.... none of these settings make any difference.

I am afraid this issue has nothing to do with RAM oder CPU bottlenecks.

Just as i wrote above your post, Tarkov seems to fail to use the full performance of Geforce RTX GPUs in general.

I also get 120 FPS on every map, but only during the first 60 seconds in-game. During that time the GPU has about 50-55% load. After that GPU load drops to 30% and FPS drop to 40-60, depending on the complexity of the map area.

I have a RTX 2080 Super, the MSI X Trio. Rest of my system is i7 8700k, 16GB GSkill Trident Z 4266MHz, Asus Maximus X Code, Corsair HX1000i, Asus Strix LC360 and Tarkov installed on my Samsung 960 Evo M2. I got 32GB of my ram, but after I took out two of the sticks, it seems that my FPS went up. I’ve also ordered a new system, i9 10900k, RTX 3090, Asrock Taichi, going to use the same ram as it’s under the QVL. My in game settings is pretty simple, high textures, medium shadow, TAA high, per texture, rest is off/low.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb cmd_boild:

Its playable - during the whole match FPS vary between 60-80.

Which graphics settings?

Zitat

Somethimes there are some freezes but I think thats kinda normal for Tarkov.

No it is actually not!

If your GPU does not have a high load, then the CPU is the bottleneck (or you run in a FPS limiter). Maybe EfT has a problem with the new Ryzen? I suspect your old i7 would run better with your 3080. And no, the new Ryzen is not bad, but it may be that EfT has problems with it. Cyberpunk also has problems with this without a fix.

This is what EfT rounds look like for me, no freeze, and the FPS mostly at the 120 FPS limit.

The low STDEV (standard deviation) shows that the FPS are really extremely stable.

i5 10600K/2080S

CX_2020-12-07_05-44-34_Escape from Tarkov_.png

CX_2020-12-07_05-44-40_Escape from Tarkov_.png

Edited by Donidon

Just did a run at Shoreline after work, GPU usage hits 55% and CPU 45%, 123 FPS mostly of the time, dips down to 111.

Settings under here. Also used ChippaWubba NVCP settings. RAM Cleaner and Physical Cores are unticked.

1776748166_2020-12-2206-42(0).thumb.png.145955faebd3f548afcbd640d75081ac.png

4 hours ago, Ventron said:

Just did a run at Shoreline after work, GPU usage hits 55% and CPU 45%, 123 FPS mostly of the time, dips down to 111.

Settings under here. Also used ChippaWubba NVCP settings. RAM Cleaner and Physical Cores are unticked.

What NVCP settings do you use exactly?

14 hours ago, Donidon said:

Which graphics settings?

see attached screenshot. phys cores, ram cleaner ticked off.

14 hours ago, Donidon said:

If your GPU does not have a high load, then the CPU is the bottleneck (or you run in a FPS limiter). Maybe EfT has a problem with the new Ryzen? I suspect your old i7 would run better with your 3080. And no, the new Ryzen is not bad, but it may be that EfT has problems with it.

I just switched my RTX 3080 into my older PC (i7 8700k, 16 GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM) and have the same outcome. Match starts with about 70% GPU usage (120 FPS), drops to 40% GPU usage after 2 minutes in-game. FPS drop to 50-60.

Now I assume my UWQHD resolution is the reason why my FPS drop more than for you guys:

Tarkov seems to use only ~50% of the performance of ALL GPUs. Doesnt matter whether you have Nvidia, AMD, Next Gen or Last Gen...

You seem to get 120 FPS throughout the entire match even though your GPU is used only 50-70% BECAUSE youre using FullHD.

With UWQDH, on the opposite, I only get 50-60 FPS throughout the match because the GPU load is also only at 50-70%. I believe this is the core of the issue here.

2020-12-22[11-14]_-150.0, 3.9, -211.0_0.1, 0.3, 0.0, 0.9_14.67 (0).png

2 hours ago, cmd_boild said:

What NVCP settings do you use exactly?

see attached screenshot. phys cores, ram cleaner ticked off.

I just switched my RTX 3080 into my older PC (i7 8700k, 16 GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM) and have the same outcome. Match starts with about 70% GPU usage (120 FPS), drops to 40% GPU usage after 2 minutes in-game. FPS drop to 50-60.

Now I assume my UWQHD resolution is the reason why my FPS drop more than for you guys:

Tarkov seems to use only ~50% of the performance of ALL GPUs. Doesnt matter whether you have Nvidia, AMD, Next Gen or Last Gen...

You seem to get 120 FPS throughout the entire match even though your GPU is used only 50-70% BECAUSE youre using FullHD.

With UWQDH, on the opposite, I only get 50-60 FPS throughout the match because the GPU load is also only at 50-70%. I believe this is the core of the issue here.

2020-12-22[11-14]_-150.0, 3.9, -211.0_0.1, 0.3, 0.0, 0.9_14.67 (0).png

Ill post the YT link with time stamp later.

The thing that is weird with Tarkov, is that the higher your graphics go, the more usage. Try using supersampling, ive made my 2080S run at 98%, but with 4x.

I try to come to a conclusion for this topic.

I've tested the "GPU-load issue" with 2 different setups:

• 1. With an Intel i7 8700k CPU, 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
  • 2. With an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 16GB DDR4 4000 MHz RAM

In both setups I alternately used one of the following graphics cards:

• MSI SUPRIM X GeForce RTX 3080
  • XFX Radeon RX6800
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX5700XT

Every test run had the same result. Tarkov averagely uses only 50% of the GPU performance. As simple as it is.

This should be well enough for most FullHD setups. But for UWQHD or 4K Setups this is very disadvantageous. If the dev's do not approach this issue no optimized settings or more powerful hardware can solve this.

Edited by cmd_boild
  • Like 1
vor 9 Minuten schrieb cmd_boild:

• XFX Radeon RX6800

Every test run had the same result. Tarkov averagely uses only 50% of the GPU performance. As simple as it is.

This should be well enough for most FullHD setups. But for UWQHD or 4K Setups this is very disadvantageous. If the dev's do not approach this issue no optimized settings or more powerful hardware can solve this.

Something is not right there. I also play in 1440p without any problems as you can see above.

OPT.JPG

52 minutes ago, cmd_boild said:

• XFX Radeon RX6800

Follow these NVCP settings. You dont have to use the resolution fix, as that was not my issue, the game feels very good atm, but could be better ofcourse. 

Didn't you have a i9 10900k? It's a shot in the dark, but try setting your RAM OC to 16-19-19-39 at 1.35V DRAM

Ive seen numerous of benchmarks with 10900k and 3090 for reference, getting alot of FPS, just look at Anton, he runs 8700k with 2080ti, he has a stable fps above 105, mostly steady at 120.

edit: didn't realize you wheren't the author of the thread lol

Edited by Ventron
9 minutes ago, Donidon said:

Something is not right there. I also play in 1440p without any problems as you can see above.

The more I am testing, the less i understand about that..... WTF am I doning wrong? 😅

I plugged another monitor into my RTX 3080 (supports 2560x1080, no G-Sync) and now the GPU load is even lower at ~17%. Resulting again in max 40 FPS after a few minutes in offline raid with bots.

After your hint, that bots have a huge impact here, I've tested with Nvidia performance overlay and found the following:

>>> Offline raid on Customs / bots on: After the bots spawn in the GPU load drops to 25%, CPU load drops to 15%, FPS drop to 40-50.

>>> Offline raid on Customs / bots off: GPU load is at 60% the whole time, CPU load is at 30% the whole time. I am getting 120 FPS (which is max setting in Tarkov options) without drops.

Soooo... Maybe I am just too stupid, but wouldnt it make more sense when GPU and CPU load get up instead of going down when bots spawn in?

Could it be that my 16GB RAM is a bottleneck here?

vor 20 Minuten schrieb cmd_boild:

Soooo... Maybe I am just too stupid, but wouldnt it make more sense when GPU and CPU load get up instead of going down when bots spawn in?

The GPU load shows quite well how busy it really is. The utilization of the CPU, however, only shows nonsense. 40% utilization of the CPU can mean that it is really 40% utilized, or that it is almost 100% utilized. Really, you can derive almost nothing from the CPU utilization.

The bot AI calculations don't scale well on a PC, they are meant for a server that doesn't need to feed a GPU with data besides the AI. But it has to compute more than one Raid instance at a time.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb cmd_boild:

I don't think so, I had 16GB and bought another 16GB.... no difference.

@Donidon Ive downloaded the tool you used. This is what an offline raid with bots looks for me (with RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X):

Unbenannt.png.d967e0dc7669bb7686d9c7675f1b654b.png

After 40 seconds the bots seem to spawn in. After that I only get 40 FPS. And quite a lot stuttering. The last peak of the graph is when the game switches to the match results.

I've tried all the setting guides you can find, including the one of ChippaWubba. No changes to this behaviour..

25 minutes ago, cmd_boild said:

@Donidon Ive downloaded the tool you used. This is what an offline raid with bots looks for me (with RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X):

Unbenannt.png.d967e0dc7669bb7686d9c7675f1b654b.png

After 40 seconds the bots seem to spawn in. After that I only get 40 FPS. And quite a lot stuttering. The last peak of the graph is when the game switches to the match results.

I've tried all the setting guides you can find, including the one of ChippaWubba. No changes to this behaviour..

As someone mentioned to me earlier, you can’t use offline raids with bots to benchmark your game performance, you need to go online.

MSI CREATION x570 motherboard. 
Ryzen 3900x  water cooled
two 16GB  3600mzh (32gb total) 
1TB Samsung Evo+ 
EVGA 2080Ti ftw3 Ultra  
Predator  2650 x 1440 165Hz
Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 

Settings are irrelevant here because it doesn’t matter what I choose the outcome is the same. Go into raid at max settings, get 90-100% gpu load only to drop to 50%. The only thing game settings or even GeForce settings do is lower the gpu load at start of match. The interesting thing is when set at low settings, my gpu load will be at 70% (instead of 90-100) at start of raid but will still drop 50% a couple of minutes into the raid down to 20%(instead of 50). After reading on forums, it would seem RTX cards in general all have similar outcomes. I don’t think it’s the cards fault either  tarkov needs RTX optimization.

Edited by Chais82

Hey man,

I'm getting the exact same issue as you. 

I9-9900k all cores @5k

32 gigs tridentz royal @ 3200

gigabyte Aorus pro z390

gigabyte Aorus master 3090

Samsung Evo pro 1tb nvme

I've been testing offline and realized this thread says the scavs spawning in kills the performance so maybe that's it so I'll check the online game later but.. 

My gpu also drops to 40%.  

My timespy score is 17456.  Cyberpunk 2077 plays crazy smooth at everything maxed 1440p. 

Tarkov, chugs along at recommended streamer settings 1440p at 60 fps on reserve and offline it's 35 to 40 FPS. 

I have the exact same issue. Starts out fine, then GPU load goes to low 20-30%... I have tried all of the suggested videos.

RTX 2080 Super (OC'd 2055MHz)
9700K @ 4.9GHz
32GB RAM 3600MHz
Game installed in M.2

On 12/22/2020 at 8:28 AM, cmd_boild said:

The more I am testing, the less i understand about that..... WTF am I doning wrong? 😅

I plugged another monitor into my RTX 3080 (supports 2560x1080, no G-Sync) and now the GPU load is even lower at ~17%. Resulting again in max 40 FPS after a few minutes in offline raid with bots.

After your hint, that bots have a huge impact here, I've tested with Nvidia performance overlay and found the following:

>>> Offline raid on Customs / bots on: After the bots spawn in the GPU load drops to 25%, CPU load drops to 15%, FPS drop to 40-50.

>>> Offline raid on Customs / bots off: GPU load is at 60% the whole time, CPU load is at 30% the whole time. I am getting 120 FPS (which is max setting in Tarkov options) without drops.

i run tarkov with ryzen 5900x/ Nvidia 3090FE / 32gb Ram @ 3800mhz and still have the same issues everyone here is posting about. but more to the point i have 32gb of RAM so no i do not think you have a bottleneck with 16gb RAM i think Tarkov is just super unoptimized from a developers standpoint. 

• 2 weeks later...
Jezzzah

Have literally just swapped out my 1070ti to the 3080 expecting some increases. Seems like I have the same problems here as the OP. Same system specs too...i9, 1tb ssd etc etc.

Could only have a quick look in an offline raid but only getting about 30fps here. The 1070ti was able to get 60 fps. 

Havent had any time to look into the problem but it's not filling me confidence having seen the threads here that there is a fix.

kervnet

Same thing here: Ryzen 5800x, Asus Tuf 3080, 32 GB ram, NVME. It's not any settings, it's just the game optimizations.

I've learned to live with it for now and hopefully the devs can do something about it sooner than later.

• 2 weeks later...
Ventron

There is something you all can try out, I tested last night with my new system (i9 10900k, RTX 3090, 4.2GHz RAM) setting PhysX in NVCP to CPU instead of GPU boosted FPS by 40+. I don’t understand it, guess the game engine is just poor.

Metallika
Am 22.12.2020 um 15:13 schrieb Donidon:

OPT.JPG

I'm also playing at 1440p with a Vega 64 on Avg 40-67 fps,

with your "Overall Visibility" also a potato can run the game.

Donidon
vor 30 Minuten schrieb Metallika:

with your "Overall Visibility" also a potato can run the game.

The maps are much too small for the default setting of 2000 to make sense. You don't have such large sightlines on any map that 400 would be too little.

JakeTheSnek1

I found that turning on physical cores helped a lot with stabilizing fps and generally boosting fps. Maybe this will help you it definitely was annoying for me as well and a lot of the videos and threads I have looked up tell you to turn that feature off but it felt like the game was smoother, higher fps, and seemed like less stutters. Hope this helps!