GunNook

OK Seriously, MAP & Compass?

GunNook

Ok, What's the deal with no maps and or compass? (Thank God for dual monitors and loading maps before jumping in game) But why? I can see if its something you would need to explore to open up the map but not this game. AND WHY THE HELL NO COMPASS?  I mean come on, some one explain the reason for not knowing what ducking direction you're going? I've been so disoriented so many times. It's hard enough to stay alive from seriously over geared players that you stand next to none or zero chance of killing. Let alone trying to find out where the duck you are on the map by land marks looking at your other monitor.

Don't get me wrong, as much as this game piss's me off at times, and the loot I leave at your over geared feet ( ASS HAT ) lol something about it keeps pulling me back..

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... CAN WE GET A ducking COMPASS!?

Rant over :)

Edited by GunNook

GhostZ69
19 minutes ago, GunNook said:

Ok, What's the deal with no maps and or compass? (Thank God for dual monitors and loading maps before jumping in game) But why? I can see if its something you would need to explore to open up the map but not this game. AND WHY THE HELL NO COMPASS?  I mean come on, some one explain the reason for not knowing what ducking direction you're going? I've been so disoriented so many times. It's hard enough to stay alive from seriously over geared players that you stand next to none or zero chance of killing. Let alone trying to find out where the duck you are on the map by land marks looking at your other monitor.

Don't get me wrong, as much as this game piss's me off at times, and the loot I leave at your over geared feet ( ASS HAT ) lol something about it keeps pulling me back..

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... CAN WE GET A ducking COMPASS!?

Rant over :)

There is a compass.

GunNook

hahah Well gee man, thanks for all insightful information you just shared?  I've seen the config for it in settings but it does nothing when I press U.. Let me guess, its loot that you can lose to more over geared players?  In all seriousness, if it's readily available how do I make it work? cuz U ain't doing poo

N1shazu
1 hour ago, GunNook said:

CAN WE GET A ducking COMPASS!?

You can buy a compass from Jaeger LL1.

You’ll need to unlock him doing some of the mechanic’s quests before.

Also you can find every single map both In game from therapist or on the official wiki.

If you don’t know what direction to go, use the sun. Use reference points. 

Maps are pretty linear at the moment.

If you spawn one one side you’ll need to exfil on the opposite side.

It’s always best to practice in offline mode until you’re confident with at least one exfil point on each side of each map. 

• Like 1

GhostZ69
5 minutes ago, GunNook said:

hahah Well gee man, thanks for all insightful information you just shared

You are very welcome.  Welcome to the forums and the game.

• Thanks 1

GunNook
2 minutes ago, N1shazu said:

Also you can find every single map both In game from therapist or on the official wiki.

Yeah, I use wiki but as I said above that really does not help a new player knowing where you are at the time. Let leaves you looking at the 2nd monitor trying to figuring it out. This also = dead lol

3 minutes ago, N1shazu said:

You can buy a compass from Jaeger LL1.

Appreciate that info, I have Jaeger unlocked. I just looked 16,418.5 for a Compass LMFAO... why would I expect it to be any different in this game.. But thank you for the into non the less Sir!

N1shazu
1 minute ago, GunNook said:

Yeah, I use wiki but as I said above that really does not help a new player knowing where you are at the time. Let leaves you looking at the 2nd monitor trying to figuring it out. This also = dead lol

Appreciate that info, I have Jaeger unlocked. I just looked 16,418.5 for a Compass LMFAO... why would I expect it to be any different in this game.. But thank you for the into non the less Sir!

Well yes. It takes time to memorise maps and  paths to take around and inside hot zones. You’ll reach the point where you won’t need a map anymore. As said before use some reference points. Exs: Big red On custom is on the west side of the map, if you spawn there you see it for sure then from there you orientate yourself, moving east you’ll see the river, then construction site then pump station etc. Is not difficult you just need time.

The compass is not lootable, therefore that amount of money is justified.

• Thanks 1

GunNook
3 minutes ago, N1shazu said:

The compass is not lootable, therefore that amount of money is justified.

In that case, Agreed!  Again man, thanks for taking the time in bestowing your knowledge.  (Take Note: GhostZ69) lol...

N1shazu
24 minutes ago, GunNook said:

thanks for taking the time in bestowing your knowledge

Duty!

Again if you need any help about any aspect of the game from help in raid or just some mechanics explanations you can request a sherpa anytime. You can do so from your website profile page (not the forum one) the login details are the same as your launcher, you'll see a link "beginner assistance - request a sherpa" you can choose one based on language, play style, country etc. Good luck with your raids!

• Like 1

GhostZ69
30 minutes ago, GunNook said:

In that case, Agreed!  Again man, thanks for taking the time in bestowing your knowledge.  (Take Note: GhostZ69) lol...

Sorry man.  I am on the spectrum.  I take things too literally most of the time.  Your post ranted there was no compass.  I imparted my knowledge that, yes, there is one.  Had you made a post asking if there might be a compass I would have taken the time to explain yes, and where how you could obtain it.  It, unfortunately is just how my brain works.

• Thanks 1