Game and Discord Crash Together

Hello , I have a big problem since .12 patch and always effecting my game negatively. Since .12 patch during the raid my game and discord always crashed at the same time. My game crashing in every raid an discord crashing together. It always happening and i already lost millions worth of loot. It really effects my game bad and my game experience. Please help me solve this. I really love to play Tarkov and i dont want to encounter problem like that. I tried many things include reinstall,integrity and sucj things.  My Specs:
16 gb ram
rtx2080
i7 9700k 
I think all specs are enough to play tarkov. Please help me and waiting for feedback. Thanks.

Well I have the same problem as you describe. I can only add that when I have chrome open it crashes also but with the exeption that it seems like the game crashes becuase of chrome with message
 image.png.30e13cf7cdf8c5f3bcc6739a80f482bd.png

But when I dont have chrome or discord opened my game crashes with unity 

image.png.73db9d710bd979cc984a0ae5b506ab8a.png

Discord freezes and the game crashes its really unplayable... The funny thing is this happens only with pmc i tried scav like 10 times and it was fine and it crashed twice. with pmc its every game and when I was patient and tried to log back it took me sometimes 4 attempts and I was lucky if I was not dead by then. 

Here are my crash logs for the last month. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j_V905f8JLHBpxpbuP7kjI0pFN9NI5w0?usp=sharing

image.png

I have a very similar build
I get this issue too.
If anything runs in the background using unity, end it before playing tarkov
Every 2-3 raids, restart your game to refresh the memory

My tarkov uses A LOT of RAM. All 16 in some cases, so I am upgrading! Make sure other tabs are closed and things :) Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 10:37 AM, gurt69 said:

I have a very similar build
I get this issue too.
If anything runs in the background using unity, end it before playing tarkov
Every 2-3 raids, restart your game to refresh the memory

My tarkov uses A LOT of RAM. All 16 in some cases, so I am upgrading! Make sure other tabs are closed and things :) Hope this helps!

Did you upgrade? Did it help? I'm having the same issue, and think it might be to overusage of ram aswell. I should have no problem running it, (rtx 3070 8gb, 3200mhz 16gb ram, ryzen 7 3700x  3.6ghz cpu, runs from ssd) but it still crashes. Only thing holding it back a bit is the ram.. I'm considering buying more aswell if it solves it.

• Like 1
Travtheloose

Anybody solve this issue?  I am also having this problem and its making the game zero fun thats for sure

• Like 1

I have the same problem and it's insanely annoying.

I'm sure we just have to trust that someday the developers will accidentally fix it

• Like 1
TheHitmaan

Same issue as all you guys, anyone found a solution to this? game keeps crashing when in raid and crashing discord as well just crashes straight to desktop

BulatCap

Every time I land on a raid, my game crashes. My friend's SSD crashed during the next game crash. After that, my friends and I abandoned the game and are waiting for a fix.

I spent a long time looking for what could be the problem. The solution was to enable Virtual memory (swap file) on the system disk partition

• 2 weeks later...
ImDOPE

It is because you have the wrong CPU setting in game. There are ones for multi thread and ones for single threat CPUs. Choose the right one and it should be fine, if not you need to have more Ram or better speeds.

Its called "use only phsysical cores".

Single Thread CPU dont mark it, multithread mark it.

Edited by ImDOPE
OmniOpp

I am currently having the same issue. Every time I run the game and try to get into a raid. It crashes. Unplayable, anyone know what I can do?

caspermind

Me & my friends are having the same issues...

Seems like the ram is getting overload (we both have 16gb). Sometime tarkov takes 90-100% of the ram and the discord & the game start crashing. 

What seems to help but not fixing the memory leak issues: 

-Be sure your pagefile is enable (mine is matching my ram 16g )

-Close all unuse chrome tabs and nvidia geforce software, free your ram as mush as possible

-Planning on upgrading to 32gb ram soon... which shouldn't be necessary.. but here we are !

This things seems to help but the game still need a fix for the memory leak I guess. I have not found a permenant fix yet.

• 1 month later...
Machinegun30-06

Hello, I'm having the same problem as well. I tried doing scav runs but it would crash and discord would do the same and log me out including other chrome extensions I have (ex.) house party without having chrome open. I only tried it once on my PMC and it kept repeating it and I never got into the raid but I still had all my stuff after quitting from the raid. I would see the same loading screen with Sturman on it with that red exclamation point with it saying before hand a fatal error has occurred. Please someone help I would really like this issue to be resolved.

• 1 month later...
chiseledglutes

My buddy is having this same issue (Discord & Tarkov crash when we start a game). We are attempting to fix it now. He began by verifying the integrity of the tarkov system files through the Battlestate launcher, turned off POST-FX settings, increased his Virtual Memory Paging Size,.... And it is fixed.  I believe the Virtual Memory is the key here. 

if you are on Windows, go to Start> type "Advanced System Settings" > Advanced tab > Performance "Settings"..... > Advanced Tab> click "Change" under Virtual memory > turn OFF auto paging > Custom Size > use the Recommended number for your minimum size > For maximum size i set mine to 12,000 MB. It says I have 991,133 MB for SPACE AVAILABLE.   > SET the value> hit ok> restart computer

Do not set the paging file size to 100% of the space available. AGAIN i have 991,000 available and set my max to 12,000.
If you don't know what to set your paging file size to, do more research. I hope this helps. Happy Tarkov