Damage and armour

Lord-Tryhard

I've sinked a few hundred hours in the game so for and i noticed that the damage can be very inconsistent. On multiple occasions, i've shot people in an "unarmoured" head and they survived it. A few times, they took multiple shots to the head. Sometimes, the walls get painted in red and the bastard just hops away like nothing happened. Other times a single 9mm bullet does the trick. I've also had situations, where i've shot people from the side, but the arm absorbed all the damage, since bullets cant penetrate limbs(not sure why). Seems like an easy fix, but what do i know. 

Another problem i see, is armour effectiveness. It makes no sense, that while the bullet penetrates the armour (depending on armour), it sometimes does little to no damage. The bullet should still pretty much kill you if it penetrates the armour.

Suggestion: Make more wound/impact types. For instance, when the bullet does not penetrate armour, make it brake a bone, or apply some sort of effect that does not necessarily hurt you, but gives you an effect similair to tremor. A buckshot wouldn't penetrate a good armour, but it would knock the wind out of you, reducing your max stamina, or possibly even break your rib cage. If the bullet penetrates; i agree, the speed of the bullet is reduced, so it technically does less damage; it should perhaps break into shrapnel. And while it would do reduced damage, it would inflict bleeds.

Also, i still think emptying a mag into someone without killing him should never happen, but it happens alot. In the picture is my last encounter with a raider called Shakal. Bastard tanked 20 of 855 shots from an Adar, shot me with a buckshot from around 20m (almost killed me) while getting shot, then just sprinted up to me when i moved to cover and killed me with a second buckshot. I had a fort armour and a helmet. Raiders seem inhuman sometimes and i suggest they're renamed to gods.1323193718_2020-12-1520-23(0).thumb.png.fb38da0336f186400234496770d41c6b.png

• Upvote 1

When the armor plate mechanic is introduced, TTK should be lower and armor wont be so unrealistically protective. Shooting someone to the armpits and/or more oftenly even to the sides in general will grant you a quick kill. Or at least thats how I think its gonna be, most probably.

I do agree with you, people take way too many bullets that penetrate ATM. I can only guess that its intended so, hopefully as a placeholder until a good balance is found with that armor update.

There was this other thread where we were asking for critical damage zones such as spine, heart, etc. No word on that from BSG, but it would fit EFT very well.

Im 95% sure that once the mechanics were gonna get are implemented and once balancing gets to a good over all place, TTK will be somewhat lower than now. Maybe even up to 30-40 lower, Id guesstimate.

I think that the introduction of armor plates will make some people very angry that their Zhuk cannot defeat bullets shot into their forearm with magical forcefields.

As it is, I would like to have proper TTK added into this game.

You should be able to survive multiple AP rounds. Like, on the order of five, six, even seven if shot placement is bad enough. "B-but muh movies, guns kill people instantly!!!!111!"

No, shut up, you are wrong. There are a massive number of stories that disprove that. Further, it makes logical sense. because there is still blood flowing through the brain, you are not dead yet, just likely incapacitated. Badly. According to the FBI, enemies are combat effective for up to 30s after total and complete destruction of the heart. Thus, I support the addition of Instant Lethality Zones.

Further, I also support modular armour systems. I want to be able to look like a clown and have stupid looking loadouts with pieces from all armours lol

And, this would also let us stick plates over the abdomen, shoulders, forearms... If you want to relive your juggernaut days, you can, but for a price.

Also, bsg, do NOT implement ANY OF THESE without fixing your ducking netcode.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, p4nnus said:

There was this other thread where we were asking for critical damage zones such as spine, heart, etc. No word on that from BSG, but it would fit EFT very well.

That could work, if the crit is not chance based like we're used to. Hitting a vital part should be a crit every time.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:55 PM, Servicer_Skynet said:

You should be able to survive multiple AP rounds. Like, on the order of five, six, even seven if shot placement is bad enough. "B-but muh movies, guns kill people instantly!!!!111!"

Indeed, armour can block multiple bullets, but your body wont be able to take them. you would be either incapacitated, have some broken bones or at the very least have the wind knocked out of you.

I've seen videos where people actually get shot, the bullet doesn't penetrate at all, but the guy still falls to the floor and has to be dragged to cover, since the pain shock can render you unconscious. 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:55 PM, Servicer_Skynet said:

No, shut up, you are wrong. There are a massive number of stories that disprove that.

Theyre exactly that. Stories. A gun wound, even if its not lethal, would make you bleed out in a minute or two, if not patched right away. And even if youre patched up, youre pretty much done for the month. Theres very rare cases when someone gets shot and keeps going. Its usually due to adrenaline and lucky hits that dont hit vital spots or arteries. But those cases also usually end in deaths after a few minutes.

• Sad 1

В 23.12.2020 в 18:19, Lord-Tryhard сказал:

Indeed, armour can block multiple bullets, but your body wont be able to take them. you would be either incapacitated, have some broken bones or at the very least have the wind knocked out of you.

I've seen videos where people actually get shot, the bullet doesn't penetrate at all, but the guy still falls to the floor and has to be dragged to cover, since the pain shock can render you unconscious. 

Actually, no. Not at all. Whether you collapse from getting hit in the plate or not is entirely up to your psychological response. If you're not expecting to be shot at, you will be shocked and effectively incapacitated. If you are fully aware - you will not. And in combat psychological incapacitation will be hampered by adrenaline.  Sources consistently indicate  that if sufficiently motivated, one can easily shrug off dramatic behind armor blunt trauma and continue fighting.

4 hours ago, Isov_ivan said:

Actually, no. Not at all. Whether you collapse from getting hit in the plate or not is entirely up to your psychological response. If you're not expecting to be shot at, you will be shocked and effectively incapacitated. If you are fully aware - you will not. And in combat psychological incapacitation will be hampered by adrenaline.  Sources consistently indicate  that if sufficiently motivated, one can easily shrug off dramatic behind armor blunt trauma and continue fighting.

You cant just make stuff up man. I got hit by something while i was working on my had, didnt hurt at all, i looked at my hand, looked like nothing more than a scratch. A minute later i felt dizzy and almost collapsed. my hand also swollen like crazy.

And sure "if sufficiently motivated", you could shrug it off... But theres no mental strength in tarkov...

10 часов назад, Lord-Tryhard сказал:

You cant just make stuff up man. 

Of course I can't.

Remember that Second Chance armor test? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5f1Fo4r4_I

And that old armor isn't cutting edge by modern standards. At all.

As discussed here, even 131mm BFD has been survivable through flexible soft armor.

http://diamondage.org/2018/11/09/soft-body-armor-statistics/

We could only find one instance of someone ever dying to behind armor blunt trauma through soft armor. It was a .45-70 to soft armor. The FBI actually reports none.

http://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2017/topic-pages/tables/table-38.xls

With this in mind, I can easily believe, that soldiers in LIBA ergonomic cut armor were able to shrug off dozen hits from AK. Back in 2002.