Skill progression system

Hedloc

Am i the only one curious about the skill progression system, we haven't seen anything related.

how will level up work? possible  classes ? a skill tree.?

from what i understand you are advertising EFT as a mmorpg, i'm intrestested in the RPG part of the game,  a modding sys is not enough to make an fps an rpg.

They have said that there are no classes that are set. You level up by using the skills. A recent example was the dev diary where they showed the reload animations and said that if you are an "experinced AK owner" you will reload differently/more efficiently. They used another example in one of the FAQs with lock picking and how it would work if you had a multi-tool or did not have a multi-tool. I don't think you will get a Skyrim ding upon reaching a certain level, more like a GTA V bar that has a maximum and the effects are incremental. 

• 1 month later...

I just hope that skills won't affect weapon properties such as damage, penetration or accuracy as in CW. Those properties should be only regulated with gun mods (long barrel, grip types and so on...) and ammo type.

Skills should be influential for time it takes to aim, run, jump or fall damage.

I hope that devs can confirm or elaborate on this more.

thanks 

@Scruffy I heavily doubt that this will happen. This would have a major negative influence on realism which probably is not the devs intention.

52 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

Skills should be influential for time it takes to aim, run, jump or fall damage.

Seems legit. Didn´t they also confirm different reloading-techniques as a part of the skill system? (I think in Dev Diary 1)

Edited by Rebound

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Seems legit. Didn´t they also confirm different reloading-techniques as a part of the skill system? (I think in Dev Diary 1)

They did, that's the part that gives me hope. I was a bit concerned after playing CW, as it made me think if they will change the approach to the skill tree or not.

I am really not a fan of what I saw in CW and recently in "the Division".

(and yes, I know those games are not relevant comparison to ETF) ;) 

cheers

I'm interested to see what skills they might have for different things within the game. Will running heaps level up stamina? Using a specific type or class of weapon level up proficiency with that weapon/weapon type? Barter skill to influence trade with NPCs, or will this aspect only be affected by relationship with the traders? Lots of possibilities and I can't wait to see were they take this. By what I've heard and read, they're even making the skills as realistic as possible, making it possible to forget skills and such if they go unused for extended periods of time.

Leveling:
The leveling system will be divided into four types:
- Physical skills
- Mental skills - intelligence / charisma etc.
- Combat skills - weapons / reloadings / recoil / aiming etc.
- Practical skills - trading / healing / marketing / stealth etc.
and an additional
- Fraction skills
that will contain all kinds of specific weapon bonuses.

The leveling skills will feel basically like in any other RPG game. The looting skill will grow when you loot containers or dead bodies. The more you loot the bigger your level will grow, the more bonuses you will receive. The more you level up the more your character changes the way he does things. The way he moves, reloads, shoots, crouches.
BUT if you haven’t been playing for a long time or are not using some skills they will downgrade. You will literally forget the skills you don't use.

source

• Upvote 3

Well, I'll be damned... How did I miss this?

/close

14 minutes ago, sYs said:

Leveling:
- Physical skills
and an additional
- Fraction skills

The leveling skills will feel basically like in any other RPG game. The looting skill will grow when you loot containers or dead bodies. The more you loot the bigger your level will grow, the more bonuses you will receive. The more you level up the more your character changes the way he does things. The way he moves, reloads, shoots, crouches.
BUT if you haven’t been playing for a long time or are not using some skills they will downgrade. You will literally forget the skills you don't use.

source

8 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

Well, I'll be damned... How did I miss this?

/close

I thought the exact same thing Scruffy, I just read it a little earlier today because TarkovEscaper replied to it xD

9 hours ago, sYs said:

Leveling:
- Physical skills
and an additional
- Fraction skills

source

Im really interested in the Stealth skills!  How will that work? No footstep sound?  No shadow? The ability to do stealth takedowns? I think if they really want this game to be as realistic as posible, it is gonna be interesting to see what the stealth skill will bring to thd table. You Guys have any ideas? 

No shadow or footstep sound is a bit too unrealistic. It would make sense if it were quieter walking (there are techniques to minimize sound), or maybe brush moves less when you walk through it. Soft skills like those make sense and aren't too far fetched imo.

On Wednesday, March 09, 2016 at 7:13 AM, Scruffy said:

I just hope that skills won't affect weapon properties such as damage, penetration or accuracy as in CW. Those properties should be only regulated with gun mods (long barrel, grip types and so on...) and ammo type.

I hope that devs can confirm or elaborate on this more.

thanks 

Well, you're both right and wrong.

Surely enough, a weapon has the accuracy it has, good or bad. But the shooter also plays a vital role here since more experienced shooters know the correct postures,handling, breathing techiques, etc.

My point. Skill of the shooter definitely affects the accuracy.

Damage is not that important since the damage model im the game is pretty HC on it's own.

Penetration mostly depends on ammo and attachments.

4 minutes ago, Skemba said:

Well, you're both right and wrong.

Surely enough, a weapon has the accuracy it has, good or bad. But the shooter also plays a vital role here since more experienced shooters know the correct postures,handling, breathing techiques, etc.

My point. Skill of the shooter definitely affects the accuracy.

Damage is not that important since the damage model im the game is pretty HC on it's own.

Penetration mostly depends on ammo and attachments.

Only if it is visible in the sway of weapon and aim

• Upvote 1

I feel like things like the looting skill will always be at the Max because I mean, when aren't you looting? And according to devs as long as you use a skill it won't degrade, so it'll be basically impossible to have it degrade and can only go up.

I like it to be honest of it's this way because it'll just be the more you play,.the better you are. 

And some things you might use more rarely like maybe lock picking will hopefully have slower degrade than others.

I compare it to my golfing for my high school: I play for a few months and get better and don't play at all until these few same months next year, but it only takes me a day to get back to how I was last year, and from then on it's all improvement. I hope this sort of thinking is incorporated.

Wall of text lol

5 hours ago, Necto said:

Exactly, bullets should go where the gun is pointed. Not some stupid CS:GO bullet trajectory randomness.

Hold on for a second, at least in cs you know that first bullet will hit where you aim!

i ducking hate cs......but i love it ..but i hate it  ..i dunno

15 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

Hold on for a second, at least in cs you know that first bullet will hit where you aim!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Scruffy said:

Yeaa, not since CS 1.5 mate. :D
Duck 1.6 < 1.5 fTw!1 :uhappy:

Ah, good ol' times, capping h$ all along the tracks on d'Train =)

49 minutes ago, Necto said:

Yeaa, not since CS 1.5 mate. :D
Duck 1.6 < 1.5 fTw!1 :uhappy:

Ah, good ol' times, capping h$ all along the tracks on d'Train =)

Tell me more, I started on Action Quake!

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
On 2016. 03. 09. at 8:51 AM, sYs said:

Leveling:
- Physical skills
and an additional
- Fraction skills

source

I really hope they wont implement the "forgetting skills if you dont use them or play for a longer period of time"..that would mean if I have real life business to do and cant allow myself to play for like a month or so I can start all over again...or If I'm planning on changing a playstyle but want to grind out more xp with my already existing stats and abilities so I can upgrade the ones I'm going to need later but not using them now will be gone before I got to use them (what I'm meaning here is like when I played dishonored for example I could just start a new game with a different stealthier or more brutal playstyle..but here I will have my character as it is and thats it right? so If I want to change skills and playstyle I will have to level up more...I would hate losing abilities before even using them..)
So I think this is a really REALLY bad "feature"..the worst a game could have..

• 10 months later...
On 16.01.2017 at 11:12 PM, Steroids said:

I really hope they wont implement the "forgetting skills if you dont use them or play for a longer period of time"..that would mean if I have real life business to do and cant allow myself to play for like a month or so I can start all over again...or If I'm planning on changing a playstyle but want to grind out more xp with my already existing stats and abilities so I can upgrade the ones I'm going to need later but not using them now will be gone before I got to use them (what I'm meaning here is like when I played dishonored for example I could just start a new game with a different stealthier or more brutal playstyle..but here I will have my character as it is and thats it right? so If I want to change skills and playstyle I will have to level up more...I would hate losing abilities before even using them..)
So I think this is a really REALLY bad "feature"..the worst a game could have..

Forgeting skills time is in-game time. Like u mastered the pistol efficency skill but u not used for 20 30 raids it will go down slowly.