Disconnecting only as PMC??

Ailly84

I'm new to the game having just purchased it yesterday and I'm hoping this might be an issue someone else has faced before.  

I cannot complete a raid on my PMC.  I disconnect EVERY time.  I can't make sense of it.  It's to the point where I've died on my PMC 7 or 8 times, and I've only actually witnessed it once when someone rushed my spawnpoint.  Every other time I disconnect, the game takes 5 minutes to....do something???...then another 5-10 minute load screen before I can make it back into the game.  I've never actually made it back in, I just end up with a heavily injured PMC which  I assume means someone found them standing wherever they were when I DC'd.  

The thing is, this doens't happen on SCAV runs.  The load times are less than half as long, no DC's, the game runs well enough, not great...but well enough.  What would be different between a SCAV run and a PMC raid????

Anyone run into this before and is it something you can fix.  At this point, it looks like I just pissed away a bunch of money for a game that is currently not playable.

What's the error message that you are getting? Because you may be having a Ping issue where this game will disconnect you if you're connection is not stable enough. On the client you can also look into selecting only servers that are closer to you and that could possibly help if it is what I think it is?

Just says Server Connection Lost.  So not much for information.  

Seems like I MIGHT have to just log out of the game and back in after every raid to make it kind of function??  Now to figure out how ot make that not take 25 minutes...

50 minutes ago, Ailly84 said:

Just says Server Connection Lost.  So not much for information.  

Seems like I MIGHT have to just log out of the game and back in after every raid to make it kind of function??  Now to figure out how ot make that not take 25 minutes...

Does the game show a ping number in the top right of the screen while your in game, if it's not a ping problem, what's your pc specs?

Also as scav you load into a later game with likely other pmcs/scavs already dead so it could have a performance effect but not that drastic normally.

Edited by derised
  • Like 1

I don't have it turned on, but could try.  I doubt it's my internet as I don't experience any kind of lag at all with any other online game, but certainly not an impossibility.  Ping in the servers I've been using is between 40 and 60.

Specs are a Ryzen 2800 4.2 GHz

Radeon 570 4 GB

8 GB ram

When watching the game actually play, the FPS is generally at 60, other than when I end up with some MASSIVE stutters where it'll drop down as far as 0 fps...  GPU is pretty much either 0% or 100%, CPU use is below 50%.  Ram is almost always pegged at full use, but will dip down to 6 GB every now and then.  

I know I'm on the low end for RAM.  Strange that it's easier to find spec's that say 6 GB is the recommended specs when by all accounts you need a minimum of 16 GB...  The important sources (ie. this website...) state 8 minimum, recommended 12.  Lesson learned there about looking in the right places though.

On a related note, last night I tried resetting after every raid.  Not a single disconnect.  I DID get to see myself get shot to pieces multiple times lol.  I think the reason it seemed that it was always the PMC raid is I was always running a SCAV run first, which would work fine, then I tried the PMC raid and would disconnect there.  So it wasn't the SCAV vs PMC that was the issue, it was that it couldn't handle 2 raids in a row.  No idea how that makes sense....but it seems to be the issue...

• 3 weeks later...
Ailly84

In case anyone else is looking at this.  I ended up getting another 8 GB of ram, bringing me up to 16 GB.  Load times are down from 15-20 to less than 5, no more disconnecting, game runs far smoother with higher settings.  Made a world of difference.