Is it time for a wipe?

Is it time for a wipe?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should player levels and stashes be wiped now?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2021 at 07:00 PM

A history of wipes of player levels and stashes so far:

1. Oct 28, 2017
  2. Dec 26, 2017
  3. Apr 19, 2018
  4. Apr 09, 2019
  5. Oct 27, 2019
  6. May 28, 2020

Spoiler

After the long period between the 3rd and the 4th wipe I recall BSG saying they wouldn't let times between wipes take that long again. This also means you can expect them to say nothing or "soon" for the next four and a half months max, just so you can get an idea.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donidon

• 5CIENCE

• Hamm

• Hijack_Dallas

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the wipe should happen only to "spice up gameplay", then I want no part of it. If there's no actual point (nothing the developers need tested from a start-point) in the game wiping, then the g

You can wipe your account at any time. I'm tired of doing all that stupid tasks again.  Btw I think we will have only one wipe till 1.0 when they rework economy and release streets. Now they

A history of wipes of player levels and stashes so far: Oct 28, 2017 Dec 26, 2017 Apr 19, 2018 Apr 09, 2019 Oct 27, 2019 May 28, 2020    

I think most people would agree that its around wipe time now

BUT

it doesn't really matter when the players are ready, its much more important that the wipe comes with a big or big enough update.  Otherwise there is really no point

• Upvote 2

You can wipe your account at any time.

I'm tired of doing all that stupid tasks again. 

Btw I think we will have only one wipe till 1.0 when they rework economy and release streets. Now they have test servers and they don't needs wipes anymore for small changes.

• Like 2
  • Cold 1
  • Confused 1

Wow, 7mo is a long period before wipe.

I'm considering buying this game if there's an Xmas sale.

Some friends said I'm gonna get owned by people with high armor and best guns + bullets if I join this late in the wipe lol.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb howiejc:

Some friends said I'm gonna get owned by people with high armor and best guns + bullets if I join this late in the wipe lol.

I can only advise you against doing so with the cheater situation and especially, if it's this late in the wipe. You won't even be able to really learn the game, if you join now. You need a somewhat level playing field.

• Confused 2

Wipes are trash, same garbage quests and trash gear/ammo.

feel free to reset your own account if you want though. 

56 minutes ago, howiejc said:

Wow, 7mo is a long period before wipe.

you could use garbage armor and a non modded gun and still wipe sqauds, im level 36 with 25 million, i dont bring in the best armor and i very rarely will use the meta weapon builds... Its all about the ammo you use

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Hamm:

feel free to reset your own account if you want though. 

This doesn't even come close to a wipe and it certainly doesn't help newer players. A wipe is about everyone starting out with equal gear. Why do I even have to explain that.

• Upvote 1
Hijack_Dallas
vor 11 Minuten schrieb 5CIENCE:

This doesn't even come close to a wipe and it certainly doesn't help newer players. A wipe is about everyone starting out with equal gear. Why do I even have to explain that.

2 weeks.

after 2 weeks all PMC run with the same high tier gear as they used them now. Some of them are lvl 15, other lvl 50

• Upvote 1

Nah, those are just the ones who don't take breaks or know their way around. Most people need months to get there.
Also, I'm not even a fan of how the game is handled, the wipe-based approach. However, at this point there is no incentive for most people to play at all.

Hijack_Dallas
vor 12 Minuten schrieb 5CIENCE:

Nah, those are just the ones who don't take breaks or know their way around. Most people need months to get there.
Also, I'm not even a fan of how the game is handled, the wipe-based approach. However, at this point there is no incentive for most people to play at all.

without the flea, yeah, ut does take some weeks, but not months.

If you know, how to make money, how to solve some quests, than there will be the same as usual... all PMC goes after hitting lvl 10 to the Flea, get some tier 5 aromor, HK 416 and 60 rounder with m995.

well exept from me, who doesn´t buy weapons, armor or ammo from the fleamarket

Edited by Hijack_Dallas
  • Sad 1

If the wipe should happen only to "spice up gameplay", then I want no part of it.

If there's no actual point (nothing the developers need tested from a start-point) in the game wiping, then the game should not be wiped.

• Like 3
  • Hot 2
5 minutes ago, 5CIENCE said:

It's not about spicing up, it's about having the least of an incentive to play at all.

>Not about spicing it up to make it "fun" to play
>IS about spicing it up to make it "fun" to play

>what

Edited by Majlo

I want seasons implemented. Give us rewards for competing, season stats ect and wipe each season. Otherwise it just gets old, quests done, hideout done, running the same stuff over and over. It gets old, every wipe those first couple of months are the best part of the game.

• Sad 1
Saint_Ajora
3 minutes ago, RagingRob said:

I want seasons implemented. Give us rewards for competing, season stats ect and wipe each season. Otherwise it just gets old, quests done, hideout done, running the same stuff over and over. It gets old, every wipe those first couple of months are the best part of the game.

Once 1.0 hits mandatory wipes will stop.

However SOMETHING along the lines of either an additional "Seasonal PMC" in the menus or an optional wiping will be involved. I pitched that idea a while back and one of the Emissars confirmed that "something like that" would be implemented.

If you are interested ::

• Upvote 1
Saint_Ajora
Just now, Donidon said:

We need a wipe every 4 weeks. EfT does not have more content.

There is nothing stopping you from resetting your profile each month.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Saint_Ajora:

There is nothing stopping you from resetting your profile each month.

This is not a wipe... EfT is so much better when 98% of all items are not useless. And that always happens after a month at the latest.

Saint_Ajora
Just now, Donidon said:

This is not a wipe... EfT is so much better when 98% of all items are not useless. And that always happens after a month at the latest.

What items are you talking about exactly?

On 12/20/2020 at 5:23 AM, 5CIENCE said:

I can only advise you against doing so with the cheater situation and especially, if it's this late in the wipe. You won't even be able to really learn the game, if you join now. You need a somewhat level playing field.

Yeah... and so far no Xmas sale, so I guess gonna skip this game for a while anyway.