Game crashing

TheSkullCLeaner

A couple days ago I started experiencing hard crashes only on this game.  It usually happens about 2-3 minutes into a raid.  Both with a scav and a PMC doesn't really matter.  I did notice that my GPU fans weren't' running normal from the day before and even when I force them to ramp up quicker that doesn't seem to help.  I was just curious as to see if anyone else is seeing this, I am new to the PC world as well as to this game.  I want to continue playing this game but currently can't continue with what is going on.  Just for reference I can play the cancer Warzone with no issues (fans all ramp up as normal and cools normal).  Thanks for any and all help!

Running AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU and an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 X CPU with 16 GB of RAM (2x8)

I can confirm the issue. I have the same setup (CPU + GPU) and after a few minutes into a raid, my pc restarts itself. No blue screens and no errors in event viewer. Currently I have only one more game installed  - Cuberpunk 2077 and no problems with it. Before 0.12.9 I haven’t got any problems with Tarkov, although I upgrade my pc with Ryzen 5 5600x from intel i7 6700 and I haven’t played with the new cpu before the 0.12.9 update. I got 16gb ram at 2966 MHz 

8700k, 2070 Super, all up to date, fresh install on Windows 20H2.

My system is overclocked, but I can play Rust, Cyberpunk, etc all day long no problems.

Can't spend 5 minutes in the Hideout. Getting a Kernel Power Error in my Event Viewer. I've increased voltages, disabled power savings, set CPU to a more aggressive setting (fixed clock), and dialed down the GPU OC... Still nothing. System just locks up entirely, frozen, no errors, no bsod. GPU running at 100%, CPU only around 40-50% (hideout remember). Pagefile is definitely large enough. 32gb physical mem.

Gsync and Vsync on but forced Vsync off in Nvidia (145fps where I'm testing in hideout).

I'll keep trying... But I should be running Tarkov no problem. Have in the past with same PC. New error in 12.9??? 

So, my issue seems resolved after continuing to reduce the overclock settings on my GPU. 

Zotac 2070 Super, MSI afterburner, max power limit, +75 on core and +745 on men MHz. Seems good 👌 

For reference, I've been running daily, gaming hours a day on +100 / +775, interesting how much more demanding tarkov is on the GPU. 

I also did remove any power save in bios (cstate, eist (intelligent step), turbo) so this could have also been the solution... Changed two thangs at once, both the GPU clock and the CPU power settings in bios. Maybe I'm able to reduce the voltage on the CPU now that I've found stability here.

Edited by clappytime

On 12/25/2020 at 8:03 PM, syfyjunkie said:

I can confirm the issue. I have the same setup (CPU + GPU) and after a few minutes into a raid, my pc restarts itself. No blue screens and no errors in event viewer. Currently I have only one more game installed  - Cuberpunk 2077 and no problems with it. Before 0.12.9 I haven’t got any problems with Tarkov, although I upgrade my pc with Ryzen 5 5600x from intel i7 6700 and I haven’t played with the new cpu before the 0.12.9 update. I got 16gb ram at 2966 MHz 

Yeah me too , I confirm the issue 

4 hours ago, syfyjunkie said:

@TheSkullCLeaner have you tried offline raids ? For some reasons when I try offline raids I don't have problems. Only when I enter real raid my pc crashes (every time).

Yes I have with no issues.  It just seem to happen while I am in a real raid.  I was able to get through a whole raid once and only once.  This all started with no changes to my PC, completely out of the blue and it is getting extremely frustrating.  It almost seems to be a power issue as the card isn't over heating or anything of the sorts.  I have yet to test the PSU though.  Being new to this type of hardware I'm not really sure where to look at this point.  Waiting for a day off so a buddy and I can dig into the issue a bit more.  Just was hoping to see someone else was in my unfortunate position as well.  I was kind of hoping it was a game issue and this newest patch was going to solve it for me but that doesn't seem to be the issue.  Just tonight I uninstalled the AMD drivers along with wattman and reinstalled everything and so far that hasn't seemed to help with the two times I just tried to spawn in.  Again thanks for any and all help and feedback. 

4 hours ago, TheSkullCLeaner said:

It almost seems to be a power issue as the card isn't over heating or anything of the sorts.  I have yet to test the PSU though.

I don't thing the PSU is the problem, because it would still crash in the offline raids. And also if the PSU is the problem, the PC would crash in every other game that puts heavy load on the system too, like Cuberpunk 2077 where my GPU is constantly at 98-99% utilization and my CPU is around 30-40% utilization.  It is really a strange issue. I'm starting to thing it is some sort of a network issue (because only in real raids the system crashes) but you said that Warzone runs without any problems of sort so I guess it is not network related issue.

I'm chiming in too, the game was completely fine yesterday, as far as I know nothing has changed but I now get crashes within the first 1 to 5 minutes of a newly run raid, can't stay in the game long enough to extract due to frequent crashes.

Tried doing a clean install of drivers/AV Off/various combos of the RAM cleaner being enabled/disabled but no change. I've ran previous versions of the game without any issue, only seems to have started happening with this latest patch.

I'm on Win 10 20H2 and it's fully patched, not sure what else to try really.

Edit: Highly doubt this will apply to anyone else but on the chance it might: I had virtual machines (Hyper-V) running on my machine in the background which I had forgotten about, turned these off and no more issues. - Just incase anyone else comes across something like this.

Edited by KwahLEL

So I have manage to survive a whole raid with the Auto Ram Cleaner turned On, Use Only Physical Cores turned On and Textures turned to medium (for some reason if the textures are high, the whole 8gb vram gets allocated ). I'm playing at 1440p by the way. I tried one raid without the Auto Ram Cleaner, but the game crashed again. So may be it is connected with the ram and/or processor cores management ...? In bios multithreading is turned on, but I didn't enable HyperV in Windows. I will try a couple more raids with those settings and see how it will goes. @TheSkullCLeaner could you try a raid with Auto Ram Cleaner and Use Only Physical Cores settings turned ON ? And also turn textures to medium if you are on 1440p monitor. 

4 minutes ago, syfyjunkie said:

So I have manage to survive a whole raid with the Auto Ram Cleaner turned On, Use Only Physical Cores turned On and Textures turned to medium (for some reason if the textures are high, the whole 8gb vram gets allocated ). I'm playing at 1440p by the way. I tried one raid without the Auto Ram Cleaner, but the game crashed again. So may be it is connected with the ram and/or processor cores management ...? In bios multithreading is turned on, but I didn't enable HyperV in Windows. I will try a couple more raids with those settings and see how it will goes. @TheSkullCLeaner could you try a raid with Auto Ram Cleaner and Use Only Physical Cores settings turned ON ? And also turn textures to medium if you are on 1440p monitor. 

I play on 1440p and I've been experiencing crashes with UnityPlayer.dll (0xc0000005) since a couple of months now.

Ive tried every setting combination (Only Phy Cores ON/OFF & AutoRam Cleaner ON/OFF) 

Yesterday i did clean reinstall Windows 10 and it keeps crashing. I don't know what more to do.. I can play every other game without issues, I.e Cyberpunk 2077

half an hour ago i tried to rollback nvidia drivers to some build from May 2020.. Played on interchange about 30 minutes and bump! crashed again

What kind of crash are you getting? The unityplayer.dll crash same as me?

@syfyjunkie I will give that a try tonight when I get home.  I also am running on 1440p and have tried on 1080 as well.  Thanks for the info.

@praisethesun_90 I crash straight to a black screen and my pc restarts.  I am not getting any error messages other than the AMD wattman has reverted back to its original settings message as soon as I get back to the desktop screen.  One thing I haven't done is check the update on windows 10, however the other night while testing to see if I was still getting the crash my screen went black.  Instantly I thought it crashed but then came to a Windows is updating screen.  (this was after I started experiencing the crashes though)  So I am assuming that my windows is up to date.

@syfyjunkie So I reverted back to the original EFT settings with all of that turned on.  Still crashed right away.  So I uninstalled my current drivers in safe mode to be sure that everything was removed, reinstalled my drivers.  I then updated windows, and it still crashed 1st raid in.  So it didn't work for me either.  Thanks for the suggestions and I'll keep working at it and inform of any results.  Again thanks for all the feedback.  One way or another we will prevail. 

@TheSkullCLeaner I checked my bios version and it turns out that there is a newer, more recent version available. I updated my bios and currently no more crashes for me. I survived one raid and died a couple more (customs right now is a nightmare :D ). My mobo is Asrock x570 pro4. Check your bios version and if there is a newer one from the mobo manufacturer. Its worth it to try out.

Edited by syfyjunkie

@syfyjunkie.  So I downloaded WhoCrashed and after I ran that it showed I had a bad driver.  Even after doing a full uninstall.  After doing some more reading I found the program DDU and ran that and redownloaded my drivers after running that.  Ive made it twice in a raid for about 5 minutes with no crashing and was in an offline raid with all scavs and bosses for like 30 minutes with no problems.  If the problem comes back up I will definitely look into the BIOS version).  

@syfyjunkie No kidding, I was just running as a PMC with nothing but a knife and stuff poo in my butt and hoping it wouldn't crash, but at least if it crashed I was still able to get a little something out of the deal.  Good luck!

13 hours ago, syfyjunkie said:

@TheSkullCLeaner I checked my bios version and it turns out that there is a newer, more recent version available. I updated my bios and currently no more crashes for me. I survived one raid and died a couple more (customs right now is a nightmare :D ). My mobo is Asrock x570 pro4. Check your bios version and if there is a newer one from the mobo manufacturer. Its worth it to try out.

I confirmed , now i update bios version and i survived scav in raid no more crashes . My mainboard is Asrock B550M Pro4 , Bios ver.1.20 to 1.70  

3 hours ago, creedxus said:

I confirmed , now i update bios version and i survived scav in raid no more crashes . My mainboard is Asrock B550M Pro4 , Bios ver.1.20 to 1.70

Nice man, happy raiding 🤘

@TheSkullCLeaner Did you manage to resolve the problem with the bios update? I am having the same issues. My HDD runs at 100% when I am trying to load into a raid with friends. I can solo raid pmc and scav completely fine, but the moment I attempt to go in with friends, My HDD begins to run at 100% and then the game breaks. Tarkov.thumb.jpg.b1c689936b000bca837986dba0f4eec2.jpgTarkov.thumb.jpg.b1c689936b000bca837986dba0f4eec2.jpg

@NateedogAfter doing a clean wipe on my GPU with that DDU program I ended up having one more crash.  After that I looked into my BIOS version and noticed that there had been 3 updates since mine had last been updated.  Since then I haven't had any more issues and played quite a few raids the last couple days. My board is an ASUS TUF gaming X570 plus w/wifi 

As far as the HDD speeding up like that I am not sure as I am currently learning pretty much everything as I go.  Are you using discord or have any other programs running in the background.  After doing a little reading I would check into the Virtual Memory and RAM usage, but like I said I'm new at this.  Maybe somebody else has more input on it.

• Like 1