jasonchan122497

We NEED single player

p4nnus
2 hours ago, jasonchan122497 said:

No no, NEED, it is just an opinion, but the way I see it, wipe after wipe and set back after set back, eventually it will kill the EFT player base, leaving only those who have attained all the best gear and hideout to dominate... unless a “wipe“ is part of the actual game once released... if periodic wipe is part of the actual game then I don't see the point, invest time and money just so it gets wiped?

let me put it this way, ”escape from tarkov NEEDS single player if it is to remain relevant in the future.

You absolutely have no idea what youre talking about. 

Healing animations were supposed to kill the game. Squad spawns were supposed to kill the game. Raiders were supposed to kill the game. Flea market was supposed to kill the game. FiR&removal of hatchling meta was supposed to kill the game. KS-23 and GL-40 were supposed to kill the game. Casual cod players think that removal of ADAD and meta weapons/gear will kill the game but it wont. 

Theres been as many noobs claiming that something will kill the game, as I can count. You are not the first, not the 10th, nor the 100th. You might be entitled and think that you know better, but you are a noob and clearly dont know much about what EFT is about and what the plans for it are. Youre only digging a deeper grave for yourself with these kind of comments, figuratively.

EFT player base is by all indications still growing so fast that the growing pains affect all of us. The Beta concurrent players goal was 30 000, it was met before the first twitch hype event happened in December 2019. Since then we have hit at least 200 000 concurrent players, according to rumors from a source close to BSG. This happened in may 2020. Even if the concurrent players "highscore" doesnt get higher than that, people who have bought the game have given their contribution to its dev't. If they leave because they didnt do their homework on what EFT is about and what its gonna be like, GOOD RIDDANCE! :schappy:

Let me put it this way "YOU and some other noobs who cant handle it, need singleplayer because they are not up for the challenges EFT throws at them, but they wont get this SP in legal ways until Russia 2028". End of story. 

Shouldve reported your post anyways, its the duplicate # 2347923423784 of a SP mode, which has been confirmed never to happen in Escape from Tarkov SEVERAL times. Use the search function before posting a duplicate post the next time. Thanks!

• Like 3

p4nnus
25 minutes ago, jasonchan122497 said:

My point is that wipes are almost essential to the game now, without wipes, thick boys will continue to be thick, they snowball and roll over any and all players.

No they are not. If you had followed the dev't at all, youd know that the progression will be much slower and high end gear will be much rarer. Good players and players who invest a lot of time in to EFT will be better and more geared, but thats exactly how its supposed to be. Thats how MMORPGs work, if you didnt know. Now you do, either you accept it or you dont.

EFT is not supposed to be fair. It never was. 

Also, there might be a seasonal character that gets wiped, there will be DLC, events, modifiers, Arena mode, main story questline and an open-world map that connects the raids. If you think that not having wipes somehow makes the game worse, you are mistaken. The longevity part will be taken in to account, BSG has talked about it since they have talked about the plans for the release ready EFT. 

• Like 1

Awake

If you google for 5min you will find answer to your 'needs'. Battlestate did plan to create a single player game after EFT which is called Russia 2028.

Also, rumor goes around that they actually do not intend to finish EFT and just want to make profit selling alpha/beta keys to fund the development of Russia 2028. This is of coure just speculation and rumors on the internet.

mgoschie
5 hours ago, p4nnus said:

Theres been as many noobs claiming that something will kill the game, as I can count. You are not the first, not the 10th, nor the 100th. You might be entitled and think that you know better, but you are a noob and clearly dont know much about what EFT is about and what the plans for it are. Youre only digging a deeper grave for yourself with these kind of comments, figuratively.

Woah, sounds like a true chad. This intolerance kills games! This kind of thinking will plague EFT,  you can say goodbye to full servers, and avg 5 min queues times & say hello to 20 min queues with thick boys everywhere. Wait doesn't that already happen after the player base tanks 3 months post wipe?!

A game survives because of noobs. Don't be fooled about a game's popularity because streamers come on for 2 months after wipe to play 24 hrs till fully progressed and thicc.

I will agree EFT is not fair and shouldn't be as it is a looter shooter with realistic tendencies, but Jason has a point that when a noob tarkov player can't be remotely successful there is a fundamental problem with the game.

I have played looter shooters, and milsim to the moon and back. Regardless of the genre, or the intent, you listen to your player base and encourage noobs to play.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

UltramegaOK

I cant believe anyone would want a single player mode of this game....yet alone find it more enjoyable online. The friggen point of the game is online PvPvE. So the whole point is lost of even playing. You think anyone would find it impressive having handicapped stats??? lol. Why even game if you're so afraid of a little competition? Such a special Olympics route to take IMO. I guess if it makes all of you feel better beating up on A.I......how boring would that be to never truly be challenged by other human minds. Sorry...to me its sad and pathetic.

• Sad 1

p4nnus
4 hours ago, mgoschie said:

Woah, sounds like a true chad. This intolerance kills games! This kind of thinking will plague EFT,  you can say goodbye to full servers, and avg 5 min queues times & say hello to 20 min queues with thick boys everywhere. Wait doesn't that already happen after the player base tanks 3 months post wipe?!

A game survives because of noobs. Don't be fooled about a game's popularity because streamers come on for 2 months after wipe to play 24 hrs till fully progressed and thicc.

I will agree EFT is not fair and shouldn't be as it is a looter shooter with realistic tendencies, but Jason has a point that when a noob tarkov player can't be remotely successful there is a fundamental problem with the game.

I have played looter shooters, and milsim to the moon and back. Regardless of the genre, or the intent, you listen to your player base and encourage noobs to play.

The whole rat vs chad rhetoric is absolutely childish and arrived to this community as a parasite with people who are not the target audience for EFT. These people dont know what the game is supposed to be like nor what its gonna be like in the future. These people will either adapt or leave once we start to go towards true HC tarkov again. Im guesstimating that the armor plate update and removal of ADAD will probably do it.

We had full servers in 2017. There was maybe 10 000 players back then, but never concurrently. You just portray how little you know just like so many other noobs before you in this thread. And to be exact, I couldnt care less if someone is a noob. Ive been a noob in EFT, everyone is when they start, ofc. The point is, I didnt try to change the game fundamentally, or make it easier, just because I was having a hard time. I overcame the challenge and now Im pretty good at EFT. Without abusing movement mechanics or using meta stuff that is for pussies. 

What OP suggested wouldnt even bring noobs to the servers, but take them out of the servers. Do you even realize that?

"20min queues" Never waited for that long, not even 2017. You dont know what youre talking about.

"can't be remotely successful there is a fundamental problem with the game" Incorrect. Noobs can be succesful, it just means sth else to a noob than someone who is high lvl or seasoned. A noob is succesful if he escapes out of the raid alive with a little loot. Doing that is easier in EFT than it has ever been before. Making money is easier too. Theres a lot more loot than there used to be. You can scav to Reserve to kill Raiders for end-game gear, straight from the get-go. EFT is in easy mode, according to me and according to BSG. If you believe them, you should accept the fact that EFT is only gonna get more HC. Its gonna get more complex too. There might be a tutorial to newbs at some point, but it wont change the steep and tall learning curve. Its not meant to, as the curve is intended to be so. Again, accept it or dont. 

I have played a lot of Early Access games, HC survival games, pretty much everything there is that could even somewhat compare with EFT. The comparisons are not strong as EFT is quite different, but Ive seen games thrive that dont listen to entitled noobs demanding for easiness. If you think otherwise, you just come from a more casual background. :scwhistle:

jasonchan122497
14 hours ago, p4nnus said:

No they are not. If you had followed the dev't at all, youd know that the progression will be much slower and high end gear will be much rarer. Good players and players who invest a lot of time in to EFT will be better and more geared, but thats exactly how its supposed to be. Thats how MMORPGs work, if you didnt know. Now you do, either you accept it or you dont.

EFT is not supposed to be fair. It never was. 

Also, there might be a seasonal character that gets wiped, there will be DLC, events, modifiers, Arena mode, main story questline and an open-world map that connects the raids. If you think that not having wipes somehow makes the game worse, you are mistaken. The longevity part will be taken in to account, BSG has talked about it since they have talked about the plans for the release ready EFT. 

Okay, you are right, I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to longevity, long term development of the game.

But honestly I made this post because I think the development and BSG is wasted developing a twitch shooter/ online shooter type of game, Tarkov is as unique as they come, but it is clearly catered to a small and specific audience. 

Much of the player base is focused on meta and PvP battles, competitive tactics, and there are still so much that BSG can offer: the narrative, mechanics, realistic weapon customisation, awesome AI etc etc... most of which isn't experienced by noobier players like us, which is a significant number of people.

I'm not saying Tarkov should be single player or SP is the best way to play, but I am saying that Tarkov would make a brilliant single player game, and the lack of a BSG single player game is a massive waste of talent.

jasonchan122497
7 hours ago, UltramegaOK said:

I cant believe anyone would want a single player mode of this game....yet alone find it more enjoyable online. The friggen point of the game is online PvPvE. So the whole point is lost of even playing. You think anyone would find it impressive having handicapped stats??? lol. Why even game if you're so afraid of a little competition? Such a special Olympics route to take IMO. I guess if it makes all of you feel better beating up on A.I......how boring would that be to never truly be challenged by other human minds. Sorry...to me its sad and pathetic.

Ok ok, you misunderstand my point, Tarkov is great fun for a lot of people, but it is catered for a very specific audience, Escape From Tarkov should absolutely remain its intended way to play, but I'm saying BSG clearly has a lot more to offer than Multi-player gameplay, the way they created the environment, the AI, even the story...

It is a huge waste just to have BSG cater to a multi-player environment. a singleplayer game made by BSG is without a doubt an important step, and you know they want to move on to SP, just look at the game, the base DNA screams singleplayer, the cultists, the story, the episodes of ”the raid”. its like its retro fitted for Multi-player, which is a stroke of genius by BSG to make funds, I just hope they actually make what they originally intended to make, which is Russia 2028, and not get stuck on EFT forever.

10 hours ago, Awake said:

If you google for 5min you will find answer to your 'needs'. Battlestate did plan to create a single player game after EFT which is called Russia 2028.

Also, rumor goes around that they actually do not intend to finish EFT and just want to make profit selling alpha/beta keys to fund the development of Russia 2028. This is of coure just speculation and rumors on the internet.

I was literally talking about R.2028 in my post.

I know R.2028 is the plan, but I'm afraid BSG will get stuck on EFT forever for the money and not move onto R.2028.

jasonchan122497
On 1/12/2021 at 2:32 AM, Niewiarygodny said:

2. if player bought ONLINE game (multiplayer) which DIDN"T and NEVER said anywhere, that there will be OFFLINE MODE WITH PROGRESSION (Single player) and DEMANDS from devs that it MUST have singleplayer campagian then sory, but such person is an idiot.

I don't go to the shop, buy milk and expect that it's gonna turn into cow, cause thats not what i bought.
(Stupid example for stupid ppl)

DOesn't matter if they do or they don't do any damage to devs, they change/add/modify files = illegal, thats enough to ban them, what BSG should do, as any other developer.

Ok, but lets answer your question, how it can do damage to devs? Think first WHY devs said in one of podcasts "that adding offline servers hosted on PLAYERS PC might be a bad idea".
Actually they answered that question. (keep in mind that i am not a coder/programmer, i just have to belive it's true)

So the answer was that "Cheat developers would have easier job with testing their cheats"

Ofc there is, but sometimes whats legal/illegal is already decided by ToS, law, or other rules depends of situacion.
If you add/change/do anything with game files = u are doing illegal thing. Period.

I'm not buying milk and expecting it will turn into a cow, I know what EFT is getting in, and saying ”wow this game is amazing, too bad a lot of us aren't good enough to enjoy it fully.” to use your analogy, its more like I bought milk and saying ”hey this milk is good, it could totally make an amazing milkshake.” BSG will make an amazing single player realistic shooter, no doubt about it, I just wish they would make one, they even said the main goal was to make R.2028, a singleplayer shooter.

Whether it is illegal or not, the existence of mods for single player and there are hundreds of people playing single player Tarkov is a clear sign that many of us do want a single player game from BSG.

jasonchan122497
On 1/11/2021 at 9:38 PM, tobiassolem said:

BSG are aware of it. I do not currently have any more info other than that we do not condone this. I would not be surprised if there will be legal action.

Whether it is legal, illegal or anywhere in between, the fact that there are hundreds and at times thousands of community members playing EFT singleplayer, it tells you something doesn't it? 

Whether you like it or not, it is true there are a lot of us that loves the game and couldn't hope to enjoy because we either don't have the skill, or the time to develop those skills, and someone needs to at least tell BSG that we want singleplayer. 

someone needs to.

• Upvote 1

ShiroTenshi
6 hours ago, jasonchan122497 said:

Whether it is legal, illegal or anywhere in between, the fact that there are hundreds and at times thousands of community members playing EFT singleplayer, it tells you something doesn't it? 

Yes. That they are too afraid to play online in the live servers and lose their gear there, so would rather risk getting banned by using third a third party pirated version.

And yes, before anyone starts another argument, with emulators you have to download some of the game files and executable that have been modified to enable connection to the local server. They may not be distributing the entire game, but they have to distribute at least some portions of it after they made the modifications to the code. This is the same as piracy, it is against TOS and WILL get you banned regardless of if you agree with it or not.

The fact is that the DEVs have already stated there will be no offline mode with progression. No single player. They have already heard all the possible reasons as to why it would be a good thing and why people want it. It still won't be a part of the game. It doesn't fit with their vision of the game and thus, has no place in EFT. This is their words.

The decision has been made and according to the DEVs, it is final.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

p4nnus
7 hours ago, jasonchan122497 said:

I'm not saying Tarkov should be single player or SP is the best way to play, but I am saying that Tarkov would make a brilliant single player game, and the lack of a BSG single player game is a massive waste of talent.

Please jason, it has been said at least 5 times in this thread, there will be a SP experience from BSG, its codename is Russia 2028. You just have to wait for it, because EFT is an online game and still far from being finished. 

7 hours ago, jasonchan122497 said:

they even said the main goal was to make R.2028, a singleplayer shooter.

Source?

MrM3atball
23 hours ago, Andrudis said:

Things can change, as we are just passed about 2/3 of the road to release, but current goals is that after final release there should be no global wipes. Current wipes are dictated by 2 main factors:

1) Development progress - changes to save format, character stats, adding skills etc. which can lead to old saved progress being incompatible with the new version

2) The need to test new content or re-test fixed/improved content

That is why periodical wipes are unavoidable during beta. Also that is why progression is currently is most likely much faster than intended for the final release. Devs need active players to be able to complete all quests and test all maps/guns/balance and give feedback on what is good, what could be improved and what needs to be fixed.

Devs need active players to be able to complete all quests ..... hmmm i would say if they would actualy make quests what suits for NORMAL players not pestily then there would be much much more players finishing all tasks and reach to Kappa ... Right now everyone i know saying that its just a game where BSG is doing everything as Big streamers want and we all know they are far away from Normal player skill base. If Pestily saying the game is too easy for HIM that means all tasks gets harder .... And this is big issiue. But all other i agree

• Thanks 1

jasonchan122497
1 hour ago, p4nnus said:

Please jason, it has been said at least 5 times in this thread, there will be a SP experience from BSG, its codename is Russia 2028. You just have to wait for it, because EFT is an online game and still far from being finished. 

Source?

Here's your source: The Vision of Escape From Tarkov - General Discussion - Escape from Tarkov Forum

Can't post the link for some reason, but just search for it on these very forums, wrote this entire thread based on that post.

Andrudis
58 minutes ago, p4nnus said:
8 hours ago, jasonchan122497 said:

they even said the main goal was to make R.2028, a singleplayer shooter.

Source?

I think there is some confusion here.

I don't have exact quote at hand, but I remember in some podcasts Nikita was talking something about BSG dream to create realistic tactical singleplayer game with story for a long time somewhere since Contract Wars and they were planning to do it after EFT is complete. EFT itself took much longer to develop than was originally anticipated because scope grew much more than was originally planned. BSG is not going to stick only with EFT development forever. Instead they want during 2021 to finalize vision of what EFT should be like in the final release, then finish implementation if that vision in the next few years and move focus to the creation of singleplayer game (R 2028) in the same universe. While EFT after release will continue to receive DLC updates also.

I believe they never stated R.2028 is or was "the main goal", but a product they want to make next and wanted for a long time already.

If anyone can find exact quote - please correct me, if I misinterpret anything, but that is I understood this.

• Hot 1

jasonchan122497
1 hour ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Yes. That they are too afraid to play online in the live servers and lose their gear there, so would rather risk getting banned by using third a third party pirated version.

And yes, before anyone starts another argument, with emulators you have to download some of the game files and executable that have been modified to enable connection to the local server. They may not be distributing the entire game, but they have to distribute at least some portions of it after they made the modifications to the code. This is the same as piracy, it is against TOS and WILL get you banned regardless of if you agree with it or not.

The fact is that the DEVs have already stated there will be no offline mode with progression. No single player. They have already heard all the possible reasons as to why it would be a good thing and why people want it. It still won't be a part of the game. It doesn't fit with their vision of the game and thus, has no place in EFT. This is their words.

The decision has been made and according to the DEVs, it is final.

Do you think those who play the moded version haven't bought the game or would not buy the SP version if BSG made one? No, It shows many of us love the game but couldn't cut it when it comes to skill or time to develop those skills, EFT is a game, and when it comes to games, people have different tastes, this entire thread did not say that EFT should become single player, EFT is amazing as is. But if you read the initial post, it refers to the project R.2028

I know R.2028 is coming, and the whole point of this post is to say I think it is a waste that BSG is putting all their focus on a multiplayer twitch/streamer shooter, considering how masterful they are at creating atmosphere, ambience and mechanics. All that is reduced to multiplayer guides, best spots, loot routes etc. etc... Whilst everything else is relegated to the wayside.

And yea, I was never trying to shy away from the fact that many of those who do play the moded Tarkov couldn't cut it when it comes to PvP, but that is the point, many of us aren't good enough to enjoy the game to the full extent.

Do you know why no one has ever asked to have a single player version of the CS:GO? or a single player version of COD Warzone? or LoL? because those games have an irrefutable DNA of a multiplayer game, unlike EFT, where you can tell at the base there is a single player game lurking somewhere beneath. All the quests, the stories, the cultists, the fact that the game has a clear end and conclusion, bosses, episodes of a net show... you could disagree with me here since this is an opinion, but you cannot ignore the fact that this is a popular opinion none the less.

p4nnus
39 minutes ago, jasonchan122497 said:

Here's your source: The Vision of Escape From Tarkov - General Discussion - Escape from Tarkov Forum

Can't post the link for some reason, but just search for it on these very forums, wrote this entire thread based on that post.

Yeah thats not gonna cut it. Youve misunderstood, @Andrudis here explained how. 

20 minutes ago, jasonchan122497 said:

EFT is a game, and when it comes to games, people have different tastes, this entire thread did not say that EFT should become single player, EFT is amazing as is.

Exactly, people have different tastes. This package came with the information that its blue cheese. Some people like it, some dont. Everyone shouldve known its blue cheese, it said so on the package. Theres literally no sense in trying to make it white cheese, its not trying to be white cheese and its not white cheese by taking the blue out of it. 

The cheesemakers also have been clear that they are gonna first make blue cheese and then white. Writing a post about it at the blue cheese enthusiast forum is not gonna do anything at all about that. 

Now that I know what you were exactly trying to say, I can tell you this: this is not a suggestion about EFT so the post is in a wrong place. Some could even qualify it as a rant, which are not allowed on the forums. So I must ask you, why did you post this? What are you trying to accomplish? 

26 minutes ago, jasonchan122497 said:

I think it is a waste that BSG is putting all their focus on a multiplayer twitch/streamer shooter, considering how masterful they are at creating atmosphere, ambience and mechanics. All that is reduced to multiplayer guides, best spots, loot routes etc. etc... Whilst everything else is relegated to the wayside.

This is also a very narrow-minded thing to say. There are several visionary mechanics in EFT, its definitely taking the online FPS genre forward. Dont you even realize, that by making this first, they have more funding for Russia 2028 and a very nice set of features to work with? 

p4nnus
37 minutes ago, jasonchan122497 said:

Do you know why no one has ever asked to have a single player version of the CS:GO? or a single player version of COD Warzone? or LoL? because those games have an irrefutable DNA of a multiplayer game, unlike EFT, where you can tell at the base there is a single player game lurking somewhere beneath. All the quests, the stories, the cultists, the fact that the game has a clear end and conclusion, bosses, episodes of a net show... you could disagree with me here since this is an opinion, but you cannot ignore the fact that this is a popular opinion none the less.

What.. just what?

Okay now youre stretching it even further. Thats completely ridiculous. CSGO has SP missions and mods, COD has the singleplayer. What we are playing are instances, in a game that is supposed to be online PvPvE, with MMORPG features, more so than in your other examples. Its devs have never made a SP game, nor a game of this scope either. It has some MMO features that FPS titles like it have never seen before. And youre saying that at the base there is a single player game? 

Now you lost the very little credibility you had in my eyes. Thats completely ridiculous. 

Also, no, we dont know yet if the game has a clear end and conclusion? Popular opinion? Youre the first Ive ever seen suggest sth like that and Ive been on these forums for way too long and way too much.

jasonchan122497
11 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

Yeah thats not gonna cut it. Youve misunderstood, @Andrudis here explained how. 

Exactly, people have different tastes. This package came with the information that its blue cheese. Some people like it, some dont. Everyone shouldve known its blue cheese, it said so on the package. Theres literally no sense in trying to make it white cheese, its not trying to be white cheese and its not white cheese by taking the blue out of it. 

The cheesemakers also have been clear that they are gonna first make blue cheese and then white. Writing a post about it at the blue cheese enthusiast forum is not gonna do anything at all about that. 

Now that I know what you were exactly trying to say, I can tell you this: this is not a suggestion about EFT so the post is in a wrong place. Some could even qualify it as a rant, which are not allowed on the forums. So I must ask you, why did you post this? What are you trying to accomplish? 

This is also a very narrow-minded thing to say. There are several visionary mechanics in EFT, its definitely taking the online FPS genre forward. Dont you even realize, that by making this first, they have more funding for Russia 2028 and a very nice set of features to work with? 

Perhaps you are right about this post being in the wrong place, but never-the-less, the purpose of this is to at least have a thread when people search "single player" on the forums (believe me many have and will) to show that there are those who are in the community that wants this as well, and should those come to these forums and have no idea of R.2028 and or these view points set out in this thread, this can serve as a guide that answers all if not most of their questions.

And hey, to use your analogy when it comes to cheese, here's how I see it, and feel free to disagree, I had a bite of the blue cheese and its nice, but it doesn't taste exactly like blue cheese, it taste like it has elements of white cheese in there, and the blue cheese enthusiast loves that cheese. Now that the cheese maker says they are going to make white cheese eventually, and us white cheese enthusiasts say "This cheese maker can make some excellent white cheese if their blue cheese is anything to go by".

And that, in essence, is what I am saying.

Of course the wording "NEED" is hyperbolized, this is to grab attention, its a video game, need is a strong word, but it is here to express the sentiment that "Hey, us white cheese lovers are here too, can't wait to try the other cheese you are about to make."

Whether their talent is "wasted" on a multiplayer game is of course an opinion, controversial one of course, but that wording is made out of love for BSG, their games are awesome, and out of desperation to grab attention and to show that we want to support a single player game made by them, so don't pay it too much attention and don't take it too literally.

jasonchan122497
14 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

What.. just what?

Okay now youre stretching it even further. Thats completely ridiculous. CSGO has SP missions and mods, COD has the singleplayer. What we are playing are instances, in a game that is supposed to be online PvPvE, with MMORPG features, more so than in your other examples. Its devs have never made a SP game, nor a game of this scope either. It has some MMO features that FPS titles like it have never seen before. And youre saying that at the base there is a single player game? 

Now you lost the very little credibility you had in my eyes. Thats completely ridiculous. 

Also, no, we dont know yet if the game has a clear end and conclusion? Popular opinion? Youre the first Ive ever seen suggest sth like that and Ive been on these forums for way too long and way too much.

Okay, perhaps the way I put that was a little confusing, but essentially my point, which is merely an opinion, is that the game has a lot of the same elements of a single player game, especially considering the game is proven to be a stepping stone towards R.2028.

For example, CSGO was built from the ground up to be a pvp shooter, all mechanics points towards it, from the map, to the mechanics, CSGO would be soulless without other players; EFT, in my opinion, feels less like a game originally designed to be exclusively a multiplayer game, like how the AI works, and how the quests are structured, the entire gameplay loop etc. etc. but of course, this is an opinion, it is besides the actual purpose of this thread:

Which is to show on the actual forums that there are still a significant amount of community members waiting with baited breath for R.2028. a game that is constantly on the lips of the developers that sound oh so enticing to those of us who can see the potential of such a game.

at the end of the day, everyone here is an adamant fan of Battlestate, and i wanted to make this thread to voice support for their next project, or at least let them know if they were to move on from EFT, they will still have plenty of fans. my only fear is that the money would be too good and they decided not to continue with R.2028...

p4nnus
18 minutes ago, jasonchan122497 said:

Okay, perhaps the way I put that was a little confusing, but essentially my point, which is merely an opinion, is that the game has a lot of the same elements of a single player game, especially considering the game is proven to be a stepping stone towards R.2028.

For example, CSGO was built from the ground up to be a pvp shooter, all mechanics points towards it, from the map, to the mechanics, CSGO would be soulless without other players; EFT, in my opinion, feels less like a game originally designed to be exclusively a multiplayer game, like how the AI works, and how the quests are structured, the entire gameplay loop etc. etc. but of course, this is an opinion, it is besides the actual purpose of this thread:

Which is to show on the actual forums that there are still a significant amount of community members waiting with baited breath for R.2028. a game that is constantly on the lips of the developers that sound oh so enticing to those of us who can see the potential of such a game.

at the end of the day, everyone here is an adamant fan of Battlestate, and i wanted to make this thread to voice support for their next project, or at least let them know if they were to move on from EFT, they will still have plenty of fans. my only fear is that the money would be too good and they decided not to continue with R.2028...

Can you name a single instance based SP FPS to me? Or not even FPS? 

jasonchan122497
1 minute ago, p4nnus said:

Can you name a single instance based SP FPS to me? Or not even FPS? 

*HOW IS EFT SINGLE-PLAYER LIKE:*

I assume you mean how EFT is in any way single player like? do correct me if that is not what you were asking.

Keep in mind this is only an opinion, but the how the AI is build is amazing, it knows how to flank, how to coordinate, how to react and use different tactics, that alone is worthy of,  maybe even better than a lot of triple A titles.

Another thing would be the environment, it is so well designed, and enchanting that you just know there is supposed to be an extensive story to accompany the environment, but currently, the most we get is a few lines from a trader or just a callout for the area, chalk that up to beta I guess.

But, What about the progression? many of the multiplayer games focus on the an endless gameplay loop: you enter a game, you play the game, you win or lose, you gain ranks, and you compete with other players to see who is better. sometimes you loose ranks, or you gain ranks, but everyone is at a level playing field at the start of the game, always. But EFT is a little different, it takes the progression of a single player game, and retro-fit it into a multiplayer game, you accumulate the loot and build a better hideout, and the hideout provides you with even better loot, and traders start selling you better loot, allowing you to defeat enemies with worse equipment. The entire system is designed for a snowball effect that is the trademark of a single player game like STALKER, FALLOUT, METRO, FAR CRY... "Progress, get loot, Build/ level up, get better gear, repeat." making the game viable mostly for those who have the time to invest in getting through the unfairness of the beginning (which is part of the charm I guess?), but you cannot deny that this game is at least a pioneer with this mechanic, definitely not designed for multiplayer.

If all above doesn't convince you that EFT is significantly single-player like, what about skills? sure you could say "but the developers say its mmorpg..." but think carefully now, EFT is one of, if not the first to implement these types of skill based attributes in a Online competitive shooter, you could say they designed it exclusively for a multiplayer game, but look at its implementation, wouldn't it make more sense if the game was originally intended for single player? Who in the right mind in a multi player game, would add on top of the significant advantage that veteran players already have with gear, a better base attribute character? Really? So vets now not only have a better way to make money, better gear, better traders, better experience and knowledge of the game, and now a better base character with stats that make them harder to kill?

I dunno what else could convince you if this does not, in the heart of hearts we all know EFT is really designed originally for single-player, if not, it is used to test out mechanics of a single-player game, no doubt about it. Whether you would like to acknowledge it is another matter entirely.

p4nnus

*HOW IS EFT SINGLE-PLAYER LIKE:*

I assume you mean how EFT is in any way single player like? do correct me if that is not what you were asking.

No. Thats not what I was asking, I was asking if you know any instance based singleplayer shooter. Or just instance based singleplayer. I dont.

The point it, everything thats fundamental, unique to EFT is not from a SP core, its literally the opposite. The most core concepts we have are for MP, in fact from MMOs but just tweaked to suit the realistic HC FPS format, i.e. the instances I mentioned.

Keep in mind this is only an opinion, but the how the AI is build is amazing, it knows how to flank, how to coordinate, how to react and use different tactics, that alone is worthy of,  maybe even better than a lot of triple A titles.

Having AI is not singleplayer like. This is just silly. Almost every MMORPG has AI driven opponents. 

Another thing would be the environment, it is so well designed, and enchanting that you just know there is supposed to be an extensive story to accompany the environment, but currently, the most we get is a few lines from a trader or just a callout for the area, chalk that up to beta I guess.

Its literally designed for many players approaching key points of the map from many directions, so that theres room to fight and concealment & cover in many directions. So no, its not designed with SP in mind at all. 

What we have now are trader tasks AKA sidequests. The main storyline will be there later on. This has been confirmed for years. But there usually is a storyline in MMORPGs. It can be very clearly a main storyline that you have to follow to progress in the game, or not. We dont know which of these it will be in EFT yet, but according to early visions about it, you need to complete it to open the different raids. 

So not a sign of SP core either, rather MMORPG.

But, What about the progression? many of the multiplayer games focus on the an endless gameplay loop: you enter a game, you play the game, you win or lose, you gain ranks, and you compete with other players to see who is better. sometimes you loose ranks, or you gain ranks, but everyone is at a level playing field at the start of the game, always. But EFT is a little different, it takes the progression of a single player game, and retro-fit it into a multiplayer game, you accumulate the loot and build a better hideout, and the hideout provides you with even better loot, and traders start selling you better loot, allowing you to defeat enemies with worse equipment. The entire system is designed for a snowball effect that is the trademark of a single player game like STALKER, FALLOUT, METRO, FAR CRY... "Progress, get loot, Build/ level up, get better gear, repeat." making the game viable mostly for those who have the time to invest in getting through the unfairness of the beginning (which is part of the charm I guess?), but you cannot deny that this game is at least a pioneer with this mechanic, definitely not designed for multiplayer.

No it doesnt. It takes the progression of a MMORPG and makes it suit a HC FPS with semi realistic features. Have you ever played a MMORPG? These claims you make are absolutely ridiculous, no offense. Im starting to think youre trolling.

It most definitely is designed for MP, even if it appears in some SP games as well. This is more common in MMORPG titles, which are, plot twist, Multiplayer titles. :useriously: 

Ive got no idea why are you making these stretches. Either youve really got no idea what MMORPGs are like or youre trolling. Cant decide which it is yet.

None of the games you mention are instance based. None of them require you to go to the same instance several times again and again, none of them have this player driven economy. EFT is gonna get this open-world map that connects the raids. But even then, they are raids, instances, which are a CLEAR MMORPG feature if nothing else is. The raids are the foundation.

If all above doesn't convince you that EFT is significantly single-player like, what about skills? sure you could say "but the developers say its mmorpg..." but think carefully now, EFT is one of, if not the first to implement these types of skill based attributes in a Online competitive shooter, you could say they designed it exclusively for a multiplayer game, but look at its implementation, wouldn't it make more sense if the game was originally intended for single player? Who in the right mind in a multi player game, would add on top of the significant advantage that veteran players already have with gear, a better base attribute character? Really? So vets now not only have a better way to make money, better gear, better traders, better experience and knowledge of the game, and now a better base character with stats that make them harder to kill?

No it wouldnt make much more sense. Again, just MMORPG features designed for a realistic HC FPS. Literally everything about what you mentioned points to that direction, you just want to see it with your wacky alternative-glasses on. 

Who in the right mind? ALL MMO DEVS. Better people have everything better? MMO. People who invest more time are better off? MMO. Better base character with better stats.. what? Did you just descend to the level of making up things? Vets dont start with better stats. Even EOD owners just get small rep bonuses to traders, which doesnt make a notable difference to players who know remotely what they are doing.

I dunno what else could convince you if this does not, in the heart of hearts we all know EFT is really designed originally for single-player, if not, it is used to test out mechanics of a single-player game, no doubt about it. Whether you would like to acknowledge it is another matter entirely.

If anything out of EFT could be used in the Russia 2028 its the combat, medical and movement mechanics, the loot mechanics too maybe. You didnt mention any of that. Instead you make a list of clear MMO features and suggest how they have been seen in some SP titles as well. You are totally out of touch about MMOs, EFT and pretty much everything you give your "opinions" about. It hurts my brain, I really hope that youre trolling. No offense. :useriously:

Edited by p4nnus

jasonchan122497
5 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

No. Thats not what I was asking, I was asking if you know any instance based singleplayer shooter. Or just instance based singleplayer. I dont.

The point it, everything thats fundamental, unique to EFT is not from a SP core, its literally the opposite. The most core concepts we have are for MP, in fact from MMOs but just tweaked to suit the realistic HC FPS format, i.e. the instances I mentioned.

Having AI is not singleplayer like. This is just silly. Almost every MMORPG has AI driven opponents. 

Its literally designed for many players approaching key points of the map from many directions, so that theres room to fight and concealment & cover in many directions. So no, its not designed with SP in mind at all. 

What we have now are trader tasks AKA sidequests. The main storyline will be there later on. This has been confirmed for years. But there usually is a storyline in MMORPGs. It can be very clearly a main storyline that you have to follow to progress in the game, or not. We dont know which of these it will be in EFT yet, but according to early visions about it, you need to complete it to open the different raids. 

So not a sign of SP core either, rather MMORPG.

No it doesnt. It takes the progression of a MMORPG and makes it suit a HC FPS with semi realistic features. Have you ever played a MMORPG? These claims you make are absolutely ridiculous, no offense. Im starting to think youre trolling.

It most definitely is designed for MP, even if it appears in some SP games as well. This is more common in MMORPG titles, which are, plot twist, Multiplayer titles. :useriously: 

Ive got no idea why are you making these stretches. Either youve really got no idea what MMORPGs are like or youre trolling. Cant decide which it is yet.

None of the games you mention are instance based. None of them require you to go to the same instance several times again and again, none of them have this player driven economy. EFT is gonna get this open-world map that connects the raids. But even then, they are raids, instances, which are a CLEAR MMORPG feature if nothing else is. The raids are the foundation.

No it wouldnt make much more sense. Again, just MMORPG features designed for a realistic HC FPS. Literally everything about what you mentioned points to that direction, you just want to see it with your wacky alternative-glasses on. 

Who in the right mind? ALL MMO DEVS. Better people have everything better? MMO. People who invest more time are better off? MMO. Better base character with better stats.. what? Did you just descend to the level of making up things? Vets dont start with better stats. Even EOD owners just get small rep bonuses to traders, which doesnt make a notable difference to players who know remotely what they are doing.

If anything out of EFT could be used in the Russia 2028 its the combat, medical and movement mechanics, the loot mechanics too maybe. You didnt mention any of that. Instead you make a list of clear MMO features and suggest how they have been seen in some SP titles as well. You are totally out of touch about MMOs, EFT and pretty much everything you give your "opinions" about. It hurts my brain, I really hope that youre trolling. No offense. :useriously:

No no, Im not trolling at all, these features are without a doubt MMORPG like, but I've neglected to bring attention to two important things which formed my opinion, 1. My understanding is that the root of the game stems from R.2028, teased long before EFT or maybe even contract wars, which of course the assumption I made is that these features will more or less be implemented in a single player eventually, or at least created with a single player game in mind, so perhaps that skewed my perspective on whether something feels "Single-player like"

2. MMORPGs have many of the same features, but the biggest difference is two fold, MMORPG does not rely on twitch mechanics, and almost instantaneous deaths for most instances. And secondly, MMORPGs allows for progression even without PVP, and here in lies my view point, snowballing is fine and dandy when it comes to MMORPGs because for the most part it does not affect others, but unlike MMORPGs, EFT mandates PvP for progression, making progression unbelievably unfair and hard for some when others have already snowballed.

The whole system seems so Jury-rigged together I find it hard to believe the developers planned a multi-player game from the ground up, but then again, you've made valid points.

ShiroTenshi
3 hours ago, jasonchan122497 said:

Do you think those who play the moded version haven't bought the game or would not buy the SP version if BSG made one? No, It shows many of us love the game but couldn't cut it when it comes to skill or time to develop those skills, EFT is a game, and when it comes to games, people have different tastes,

Well, yes and no. I have no doubt that there's plenty of people who download the emulator and never buy the game in the first place. Even though most emulators tell you that you need to download the game with an active account, there's also plenty of people redistributing the complete package and a 'pirated and cracked' full build. This wouldn't be possible without the existence of the emulators.

But you are right. EFT is a game and different people have different tastes. Fun is very much a subjective thing. Which is exactly why there's 2 projects. EFT was always sold as a exclusively online multiplayer experience while Russia 2028 was always talked about as a single player experience. There's no need to one to be like the other since they are games aimed at a specific audience with a specific experience in mind.

I know R.2028 is coming, and the whole point of this post is to say I think it is a waste that BSG is putting all their focus on a multiplayer twitch/streamer shooter, considering how masterful they are at creating atmosphere, ambience and mechanics. All that is reduced to multiplayer guides, best spots, loot routes etc. etc... Whilst everything else is relegated to the wayside.

It's not really waster effort. All the knowledge, experience and skills they get from making EFT is going to be directly carried over to Russia 2028. But if you want to be more specific, all the assets created for EFT will also carry over to Russia 2028. You didn't think they'd spend hundreds of man hours creating all the guns, buildings, interiors, items, gear, etc and not re-use them in Russia 2028 did you?

How people enjoy the game is up to them. The DEVs create the atmosphere, ambience and mechanics and if some want to ignore it, that is up to them while others can and will enjoy it as it was intended. Even single player games have walkthroughs and speedruns and wikis. Being a single player game does not change this.

Using these resources or not is entirely up to each user. Someone using a wiki does in no way, shape or form affect your own enjoyment of the ambience and atmosphere.

I can see how one could be under that misconception based on the current state of the game. You read the thread about the vision but you missed the most basic thing about that thread: What we have now is nowhere close to what it will become. There's still a lot of changes that will change how the players have to play the game. Locked traders, locked maps, karma system, voip, the main story questline, etc.

Nikita has said it himself. The current iteration of EFT does not even come close to the way they want it to be and they are going to spend this entire year changing things to get it closer to the initial vision.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1