jasonchan122497

We NEED single player

Spectator6

Honestly, since I can easily outplay most single-player AI by exploiting glitches and/or kiting, the "thrill" of singleplayer rarely does it for me anymore. Not to mention the awkwardness of map triggers, etc to progress plot points... It all feels so generic and lifeless. Especially when compared to something like EFT when it's firing on all cylinders.

EDIT: Now, if Russia2028 included co-op? That may pique my interest even though the vast majority of co-op devolves into bullet sponge enemies and/or tons of enemies at once in order to provide a "challenge". Which gets tiresome and boring real quick, IMO.

Edited by Spectator6
add edit

mrandersen639

I bought EFT to help support the developers in the hopes that they can finish the game and move onto Russia 2028, I just hope it won't take another 4 years to do so. The singleplayer modding scene for EFT is quite fun, but definitely leaves me wanting more. Despite what ends up happening I can't wait to see what else they have for the future of EFT and beyond.

Edited by mrandersen639
adding stuffs
  • Upvote 1

Nyaruko-san
Am 14.1.2021 um 12:58 schrieb ShiroTenshi:

Unity isn't a mobile engine. To say so only shows how much you don't understand the different engines and what they are capable of.

Holy......... You seriously have to tune down, i can understand that some people can be annoying.
But as a BSG representative you should never be disrespectful to your customers.

Stilton

guy asks for singleplayer that affects nobody but himself... 

Rest of forum:
I'm an oil man -- i have a competition in me, i want no one else to succeed...

Stilton

Devs don't provide singleplayer that saves progress, have terrible servers and keep lowing the TTK making for weaker competitive gameplay.

Someone comes along and provides something for those that want the singleplayer experience -- that doesn't negatively affect the devs / other players.

Devs:

I mean you realise that if people are playing singleplayer, they will be using less online server(s) / bandwidth - right?

Andrudis
On 1/18/2021 at 2:23 AM, Stilton said:

I mean you realise that if people are playing singleplayer, they will be using less online server(s) / bandwidth - right?

Actually that is not very accurate, IMHO. SinglePlayer and Online experiences are significantly different regardless how good PMC bots will be implemented in emulator. Live people are much more unpredictable than any bots. People who want and have time for full online experience - they will play online and wont care about any SP variant. People who do not want to play Online because of lack of time, too much frustration or any other reason - they will either play SinglePlayer version (if available) or will not play EFT at all and play something else - in any case there will be no significant difference on online server(s) / bandwidth usage regardless of SinglePlayer version existence.

Someone comes along and provides something for those that want the singleplayer experience -- that doesn't negatively affect the devs / other players.

As they say: "A holy place is never empty." If there is a demand (and there are at least several dozen thousand people interested in SP version of EFT) then there will be a supply provided. Will it be from BSG(Russia 2028), or a group of enthusiast modders(SP EFT), or both - time will tell.

On 1/18/2021 at 2:19 AM, Stilton said:

Rest of forum:

Well there are a lot of people, who thinks that reaching some level on online game after wasting hundreds of hours weekly makes them "special" in some way. And they do not like idea, that someone, who can play only 2-5h a week max will have fun 100% of the time spent without any frustration instead of serving as cannon fodder for their enjoyment for hundreds of hours as they did themselves earlier. That's the same kind of mentality that leads to military hazing IRL. 

Devs:

I can somewhat understand devs on this - they have their hand full with 2 games in development already (EFT and EFT: Arena) and starting developing of 3rd SP project  (Russia 2028) right now is hardly a good idea, especially taking into account that good online and good SP experiences - are two very different things that easily conflict with each other. On the other hand they do not want to give away their IP created by hard work for free to anyone just because their hands are full at a moment - that absolutely makes sense.