CPU upgrade - I'm at a crossroads

Howdy there fellow PMC's, I'm in need of some advice if y'all wouldn't mind sharing.

My predicament is that I am torn between upgrading to either a Ryzen 5 3600 or a i5-9600k. What is causing me to be so indecisive is that while the i5-9600K outperforms the Ryzen 5 3600 in core clock and boost clock (i5-9600k = Cc: 3.7 Ghz & Bc: 4.6Ghz  vs  Ryzen 5 3600 = Cc: 3.6Ghz & Bc: 4.2Ghz), I've heard that the Ryzen 5 3600 has multithreading whereas the i5-9600K does not. So my question for all of you is, should I snag the i5-9600K because of its beefier clock speeds, or get the Ryzen 5 3600 due to its "future proofing" from its superior threading?

P.S. I am currently running a GTX 2060, and from what I gathered my GPU should run pretty good with either option.

Ghoulsby

I’m prob not the best source for this type of info,  but I based my Intel vs AMD decision on a few things but one of them was open background applications while gaming.  I close everything when gaming so I went with intel(9700k)... Also like the higher clocks.  As far as future proofing, I just upgraded from a 3570k that was still pulling its weight...so I have a bit of a bias towards Intel in that regard.  Good luck on your choice :)