Aim down sight sound

Blunt3dge

Does the ads sound have to be so loud, having the drop on a duo, to then getting wasted as they heard me ads 10 15 foot away is is ridiculous. 

I'm not saying completely remove it, just make it quieter. Have it linked to ergo or like shift and right click to do a "soft" but slower ads.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Pretty sure i can bring my rifle up without making any noise. So yeah i agree its ridiculous. Have to either ADS incredibly early or just hip fire and hope for the best.

• 5 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 12:10 AM, Blunt3dge said:

Does the ads sound have to be so loud, having the drop on a duo, to then getting wasted as they heard me ads 10 15 foot away is is ridiculous. 

I'm not saying completely remove it, just make it quieter. Have it linked to ergo or like shift and right click to do a "soft" but slower ads.

You know... That's exactly how it works?

It IS linked to ergo. It always has been. Also ergo effects (as well as weight) how quick you ADS too.
Plus when you're overweight you make more noise doing anything.
Maybe you should stat modifying your weapons?
Pistol ADS almost makes no sound at all, cuz of the high ergo.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JewishPlayDate said:

It IS linked to ergo. It always has been. Also ergo effects (as well as weight) how quick you ADS too.
Plus when you're overweight you make more noise doing anything.
Maybe you should stat modifying your weapons?
Pistol ADS almost makes no sound at all, cuz of the high ergo.

Exactly what this guy said.P.s Learn the mechanics of the game before complaining!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

This post is golden! This is so simple yet so overlooked but of utmost importance

Edited by RainmakerM4

except that, even if you have high ergo and the sound is quieter, the range it can be heard at is still too large and most players have their sound blasted, leading to being able to hear high ergo ADS regardless.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Mattd316 said:

Exactly what this guy said.P.s Learn the mechanics of the game before complaining!

1. Unexplained mechanics that are next to impossible to deduce on your own are not the way to go about things, and there is no reason to practically insult people for not knowing something that I'm sure you didn't know until you looked it up. I would bet money you didn't figure it out on your own and either had it explained to you via a video, streamer, another friend, or a wiki page. You'd practically have to go out of your way to figure out that the same gun with different builds makes different levels of noise based on the ergonomic value, and most people don't do that.

2. It changes the VOLUME, NOT THE RADIUS. As stated by somebody else, if someone's playing with enhanced audio (higher volume, quality headsets, etc.), they can hear someone pistol ADS from an unrealistically long distance away because the ergonomics don't affect the radius of the sound effect. I shouldn't be able to hear someone ADS from practically any distance other than right in their face, and this is especially true since your gun is always raised in-game. IT would be more reasonable if you could lower your gun, but slightly tilting your head to the side to ADS should NOT be as loud as it is.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

This comment section is a joke. 
None of you understand a simple game mechanic, and you're circle jerking eachother instead of accepting the tips we gave.
If you have ergo above 50, nobody can hear you ADS. 
You guys must be low level, so let me explain something. Not only does your ergo affect whether people can hear you ADS, but so does your covert movement skill as well as their perception. Also, so does the type of helmet they wear (whether it covers ears or not) AS WELL AS whether they wear headphones.
If someone grinds the game for hundreds of hours to get their character to a point where they can hear things that a low level player with 50 hours can't, then good for them. They earned that. If you can't adapt your playstyle on a per-raid basis, or even a per-fight basis, then Tarkov isn't for you.

On 6/15/2021 at 2:09 AM, blazinfasstt said:

and most players have their sound blasted, leading to being able to hear high ergo ADS regardless.

If someone plays with their game volume on max with an expensive headset IRL then that's 1) their choice 2) their money 3) their ears 4) also yours. If you don't like the fact people play on max volume, then either play max volume yourself, or stop whinging. At this point you're just crying about things that are pathetic. "I can't hear people through my built in speakers, it's so unfair that people who spend real life money on a headset can hear things easier than me".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JewishPlayDate said:

This comment section is a joke. 
None of you understand a simple game mechanic, and you're circle jerking eachother instead of accepting the tips we gave.
If you have ergo above 50, nobody can hear you ADS. 
You guys must be low level, so let me explain something. Not only does your ergo affect whether people can hear you ADS, but so does your covert movement skill as well as their perception. Also, so does the type of helmet they wear (whether it covers ears or not) AS WELL AS whether they wear headphones.
If someone grinds the game for hundreds of hours to get their character to a point where they can hear things that a low level player with 50 hours can't, then good for them. They earned that. If you can't adapt your playstyle on a per-raid basis, or even a per-fight basis, then Tarkov isn't for you.

If someone plays with their game volume on max with an expensive headset IRL then that's 1) their choice 2) their money 3) their ears 4) also yours. If you don't like the fact people play on max volume, then either play max volume yourself, or stop whinging. At this point you're just crying about things that are pathetic. "I can't hear people through my built in speakers, it's so unfair that people who spend real life money on a headset can hear things easier than me".

Praising people who are actively destroying their hearing and then replying with "iF iTs SuCh An AdVaNtAgE, wHy DoNt YoU dO iT ToO" is about as stupid as it can get. Why should you praise people for engaging in self-harm and then insult people for caring about their ability to hear past the age of 25?

On top of that, I noticed how you only reacted "sad" to my reply and didn't actually engage with it, since you don't have the brain cells to do so. What people actually have a problem with is the fact that the RADIUS of certain sounds is way too big, regardless of the VOLUME the player is playing at. I shouldn't be able to turn my volume up to 100 and be able to hear a guy with a pistol sneak crouch walking from the other side of a building. In-game headsets (sordins, comtacs, etc.) are the single most immersion breaking thing I can think of when it comes to trying to play sneakily, as you can hear someone's footsteps even if they're sneak crouch walking from an unfairly long range. 

As for your "nOnE oF yOu UnDeRsTaNd A sImPlE gAmE mEcHaNiC", is it really that simple when it's not spelled out anywhere in-game and had to be deduced by people ceaselessly testing it to figure out the thresholds for ergonomics? I bet you didn't know a damn thing about ergonomics until a Youtuber tested it for hours on end, spliced it together on a video, and posted it so people could understand it. For a "simple game mechanic", it sure does seem like 99% of the community didn't understand it until you had someone else explain it to you. Don't try to pretend that you're some sort of intellectual genius when I bet you (just like most people in this game) had to watch a video to learn how it works.

Basically, what valid argument can actually be made when a legitimate play style (sneaking) is all but impossible to perform unless you want to sit in one spot for 15-20 minutes and wait for people to show up or cross your fingers they aren't playing at max volume? I would know, since that's how I play, and to actually get the drop on people either requires you to be playing against new/stupid players, to turn a 30 second trip into a 10 minute trip (sneak crouch walking is outrageously slow, but is the only way to be silent, as any other stance or movement speed causes your footsteps to make noise), or to plant your ass in one spot and wait for people to wander by.

Edited by Sir_Mossy
  • Sad 1

@Sir_Mossy If we are going to be pulling the sad "realism" card then you can't "sneak" up on somebody at 50 meters range. Real stealth is all about being several kilometers away in a ditch covered in leaves.

The range thing might be true, would be nice if they looked into that.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2021 at 5:04 AM, Starioshka said:

@Sir_Mossy If we are going to be pulling the sad "realism" card then you can't "sneak" up on somebody at 50 meters range. Real stealth is all about being several kilometers away in a ditch covered in leaves.

The range thing might be true, would be nice if they looked into that.

I’m sorry what?

you most certainly can sneak up on people IRL.

what makes you think you can’t?

Edited by Caster89Actual

Everyone can pull up a rifle without making a sound... I think there should be a bind we can set up in controls for "slow ADS" which would not develope any sound

@Caster89ActualActual experience trying to do that IRL back when I served.

You can't do that on anyone that isn't sleeping. Getting within 200 meters in daylight is how you get spotted and heard even sooner in the woods.

@RainmakerM4That's a lot of work and extra pointless keybinds for something that is quite useless honestly.

2 hours ago, Starioshka said:

You can't do that on anyone that isn't sleeping. Getting within 200 meters in daylight is how you get spotted and heard even sooner in the woods.

@RainmakerM4That's a lot of work and extra pointless keybinds for something that is quite useless honestly.

So did I and sneaking up on your squad mates trying to catch them lacking happened all the time. I got a few and got got a few times myself.

not everywhere is the middle of the woods with dry leaves everywhere my guy.

hell I still do it with my nephews to try and instill a proper sense of awareness in them. Iv got my hand over their mouths and dragged one of them off without the others noticing quite a few times granted they are still just teenagers.

what are you a 300 pound giant with bells tied to your boots?

• Sad 1

On 6/13/2021 at 3:31 PM, JewishPlayDate said:

Actually, it doesn't. Original poster suggested it should be linked to the shift status so it's slower and quieter related to how quiet/quick your movement is. This is NOT how it currently works. ADS is of the same volume and speed even if your movement is the sneakiest possible.

7 hours ago, Starioshka said:

I disagree. There would be a difference between the two... the silent ads would be slower and current or loud ads would be fast (determined by ergonomics like it is now).

As for programming, I don't believe it requires "a lot of work".

@Caster89ActualBad example.

If 2 - 4 lads were going around a bunch of dilapidated buildings looking for tuna cans (EFT) they sure as poo would keep track of random noises that aren't made by one of their own.

Sneaking up on kids/ squad mates who don't care or expect to get sneaked on by their own? I hope you understand how much of a non-argument this is.

• Thanks 1

Since the devs want the ADS noise, they should make it like the crouch and walking speed noise reduction. Something like the mouse wheel to slowly ADS with little or no noise.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:15 PM, Starioshka said:

"A lot of work", i am not saying it would work for 100%, but just slowing down animation would be a good start.
"Extra pointelss keybind" - If u wouldn't like slow adsing, u wouldn't use it, same as many ppl don't check bullet in chamber so...
And u say that this is pointless? 
Damn almost each day i survive or have chance to survive cause i heared someone adsing :D.

@NiewiarygodnyWell bullet check is kind of pointless, they really should do something about it.

Adding "silent ADS" would just be a step towards grey goo uniformity of removing options from the hands of the player.

"But they are adding options??"

Not in the case of risk-reward.

• Upvote 1

Wow, this got out of hand haha. I can only assume the guy throwing the insults is a ass hat most of the time, I'm sorry if your life is poo.

Try pulling a rifle from lowered stance to aiming down the sight notice how much noise it makes, that's right minimal at most, all I was asking for was a quieter ads, plus I've had high ergo weapons and had a team mate the other end of 3 story ask if I adsed so it may also be bugged.

Cheers for the posters with positive input 👍  

7 hours ago, Starioshka said:

Well bullet check is kind of pointless, they really should do something about it.

Well, as i said above, it's your call if you use it or not.

I am using it quite a lot, each time i kill someone and i swap my gun, i check whats inside, instead checking mag.
Why?
1. Animation and i love it
2. Ppl often have somekind of mix of ammo, and i wanna know whats inside my weapon as first bullet, do i aim at face or head is ok cause it's 995 or m61

On 6/18/2021 at 6:08 PM, Sir_Mossy said:

Praising people who are actively destroying their hearing and then replying with "iF iTs SuCh An AdVaNtAgE, wHy DoNt YoU dO iT ToO" is about as stupid as it can get. Why should you praise people for engaging in self-harm and then insult people for caring about their ability to hear past the age of 25?

On top of that, I noticed how you only reacted "sad" to my reply and didn't actually engage with it, since you don't have the brain cells to do so. What people actually have a problem with is the fact that the RADIUS of certain sounds is way too big, regardless of the VOLUME the player is playing at. I shouldn't be able to turn my volume up to 100 and be able to hear a guy with a pistol sneak crouch walking from the other side of a building. In-game headsets (sordins, comtacs, etc.) are the single most immersion breaking thing I can think of when it comes to trying to play sneakily, as you can hear someone's footsteps even if they're sneak crouch walking from an unfairly long range. 

As for your "nOnE oF yOu UnDeRsTaNd A sImPlE gAmE mEcHaNiC", is it really that simple when it's not spelled out anywhere in-game and had to be deduced by people ceaselessly testing it to figure out the thresholds for ergonomics? I bet you didn't know a damn thing about ergonomics until a Youtuber tested it for hours on end, spliced it together on a video, and posted it so people could understand it. For a "simple game mechanic", it sure does seem like 99% of the community didn't understand it until you had someone else explain it to you. Don't try to pretend that you're some sort of intellectual genius when I bet you (just like most people in this game) had to watch a video to learn how it works.

Basically, what valid argument can actually be made when a legitimate play style (sneaking) is all but impossible to perform unless you want to sit in one spot for 15-20 minutes and wait for people to show up or cross your fingers they aren't playing at max volume? I would know, since that's how I play, and to actually get the drop on people either requires you to be playing against new/stupid players, to turn a 30 second trip into a 10 minute trip (sneak crouch walking is outrageously slow, but is the only way to be silent, as any other stance or movement speed causes your footsteps to make noise), or to plant your ass in one spot and wait for people to wander by.

What the duck are you even crying about now you annoying little rat?
THe ADS sound? Or the movement speed? Or the fact you don't have 20 different stances to move in different ways? Or was it the headsets in game being unrealistic? Oh no yeah I remember now, it's the kids who have headsets playing louder than you! Wait that wasn't it... It was the fact that they might damage their own hearing by the time they're... 25? Oshit no it wasn't that either! It was the fact that you don't understand that "ergonomics" is how comfortable your gun is to hold! Oshit, unlucky I'm wrong again, it was that the game didn't hold your hand and explain every single little system to you and you had to do some research...
Just kidding, it was obviously all down to my lack of brain cells. Will you just shut up now stupid kid, go cry somewhere else, Tarkov's clearly not for you.
Inb4 his next post: 5 MAN SQUADS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM GAME BECAUSE I HAVE NO FRIENDS TO PLAY WITH

Edited by JewishPlayDate
spelling mistake

On 6/20/2021 at 10:32 PM, Bankoletti said:

Actually, it doesn't. Original poster suggested it should be linked to the shift status so it's slower and quieter related to how quiet/quick your movement is. This is NOT how it currently works. ADS is of the same volume and speed even if your movement is the sneakiest possible.

Nah man you misread that. He said it "should be linked to ergo", which it already is.

On 1/1/2021 at 12:10 AM, Blunt3dge said:

Have it linked to ergo or like shift and right click to do a "soft" but slower ads.

• Thanks 1