E-Mail Verification Code thorugh launcher issue

JannisZiewers

JannisZiewers

A lot of People right now have the same Issue as me:

When we login thorugh launcher it says that there will be an E-Mail sent containing the Code, but no Mail will be sent.

If you login through the Website, theres no problem. All the E-Mails like Password change or else will be sent. The only Issue is the launcher.

1.Already Whitelistet all of BSG E-Mail Adresses ([email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected])

2.Checked Spam folder and it´s settings and No there is no filter or max. capacity of my spam folder.

3.Reinstalled launcher and launched via admin but nothing works.

4.Already made a support Ticket a few days ago but no answer of support yet. #8554396

5. i wrote a Direct E-Mail ot the Support, a few days ago but no answer yet. suprise suprise...

6. Can´t change E-Mail cuz it´s blacked out for me... what the hell is this mess!

I tried everything else but it didnt work so please just send me a Verfication Code manually or change this damn Veration system ,cuz this thing is going on my nerves...Launcher.png.0aa5394dafd43d9abd9c9dbd92615df6.pngWhitelist.png.1eec5dcb8b8d2ca8e6e68603691208df.png1107305331_blackedout.png.eaa2edbb7f0ed746783c7eb3199f5589.png998770211_supportticket.png.4f0e0138c8e7601080f4b2ecae47678b.png

• Like 1
Megaladon123

SOLVED, this worked for me just reset your password and right when you reset it, log onto launcher and it should send you one email verfication code. Mine came instantly to my email (gmail) in the primary inbox but i would suggest waiting 5-10 min for the code without restarting the launcher. As if you restart the launcher and try again it will refresh the password. 

1. Reset Password with launcher closed.

2. Start launcher and proceed to send code screen and it should send you a code. Mine was instant but if it isnt for you, stay on the send code screen on the launcher and refresh your email for 5-10 min. :D

• Upvote 1
georgeBoy2
9 hours ago, Megaladon123 said:

SOLVED, this worked for me just reset your password and right when you reset it, log onto launcher and it should send you one email verfication code. Mine came instantly to my email (gmail) in the primary inbox but i would suggest waiting 5-10 min for the code without restarting the launcher. As if you restart the launcher and try again it will refresh the password. 

2. Start launcher and proceed to send code screen and it should send you a code. Mine was instant but if it isnt for you, stay on the send code screen on the launcher and refresh your email for 5-10 min. :D

this worked for me. thank you so much!!!

Neither the password reset the way you suggested nor deleting launcher settings had any effect for me.

All other emails (e.g. when logging in on website) worked, just the ones from the launcher were not sent.

However, I tried again in the launcher (kept clicking back -> login) a few more times and on the 3rd or 4th attempt an email was sent.

MaikElPipas

Still with the same problem, this is a fkn joke, I´m already starting to think that our accounst have been hacked or something.....

If I try to change my email it just says " email not found" lol. BTW i´m using gmail, so no, gmail does not work for everyone.

Edited by MaikElPipas
Maxinator125
On 1/4/2021 at 2:36 AM, Megaladon123 said:

Holy poo it actually worked thank you so much, instantly got the email after resetting the password just like you said! Crazy how you're more helpful than BSG.

adam3698

Thanks OP! This is resolved for me as well. 

9 hours ago, calreacher said:

How do you reset the password with the launcher closed? On the website? Please clarify.

What i did was use the tarkov website to reset password. Immediately after that is done, open your launcher and login with new password. Email verification code box will appear, but this time you should have gotten the email.

If you reset password through the launcher, you will not get an email code.

Thanks again, op!

Edit: For future lurkers, this all started because i updated my bios firmware which tripped the new hardware email code to begin with.

Edited by adam3698
additional details
xabizord

I just updated the Gigabyte bios and the video card drivers, I did reset my password, but via launcher and now I am locked in 1 hour so I can try the method from closed launcher. ):

Same for me have done all methods stated above plus older posts methods and nothing has worked been going at this for an hour at least now. Very sad considering this is not an issue with the email considering most people that report this can receive emails from the website just not the launcher. Hoping for the best but expecting to not be able to play for a few days due to this. 

-Edit - Shortly after posting this message I returned to login in screen 2-3 more times and finally got the email. I advise anyone having this issue to do as stated above and reset password and re log in.

Edited by Znyx
solved issue
lordjaponas

Try going to account settings and disable automatic login on your device. Also Enable google authenticator app there. This helped me.

calreacher

The solution is: 

hello everyone, basically it seems they have issues with some servers. I sniffed the traffic and when launcher calls 104.22.28.180 (and I would guess some others) no email is sent, but then it called 172.67.41.203 and I received the email. So the "solution" is - keep doing it until you get the email. Basically open your email client, authorize in launcher (so it shows that email was sent), wait 10s, refresh email, if there's nothing, click back and authorize again. Eventually launcher will hit a server which is capable of sending the email.

• Like 1
4lwayshungry

Tried everything listed here and still not receiving the email verification. Fix this stupid system as a google search shows this issue has been around for a while...

4lwayshungry
9 hours ago, calreacher said:

The solution is: 

hello everyone, basically it seems they have issues with some servers. I sniffed the traffic and when launcher calls 104.22.28.180 (and I would guess some others) no email is sent, but then it called 172.67.41.203 and I received the email. So the "solution" is - keep doing it until you get the email. Basically open your email client, authorize in launcher (so it shows that email was sent), wait 10s, refresh email, if there's nothing, click back and authorize again. Eventually launcher will hit a server which is capable of sending the email.

This finally worked for me...after almost 2 hours of trying.

Kubatko

For me, I enabled the google authenticator and disabled the secondary email, disabled single use codes, disaabled the special question ...and I receive code instnatly ! 

Good Luck ! 

Tristception

TLDR::Basically i logged into the launcher, then hit the back button when i didn't get a verification email - rinsed and repeated until i got the email.

Long explain:

I tried all the above, uninstalling , reinstalling, compatibility levels, messed with my firewall settings, -- already had BSG whitelisted for my outlook account - so no spam email problems. did basically everything under the sun to get this working. Changing password emails work, website included but the client itself isnt sending the emails in the proper manner it seems. When you type in your username and password to authorize, wait about 10 secoonds to see if anyone comes up? no email? hit the back button and hit login again and repeat until you get the email verification. 

I got this error after it detected different hardware for some reason (same specs that I've had for like the past 6 months). Then it wanted to do the 2factor authentication. Best of luck if you tried all the above in the threads that you can search on the forum. the below quote is what worked for me. Took about 50 tries...

"  15 hours ago, calreacher said:

The solution is:

hello everyone, basically it seems they have issues with some servers. I sniffed the traffic and when launcher calls 104.22.28.180 (and I would guess some others) no email is sent, but then it called 172.67.41.203 and I received the email. So the "solution" is - keep doing it until you get the email. Basically open your email client, authorize in launcher (so it shows that email was sent), wait 10s, refresh email, if there's nothing, click back and authorize again. Eventually launcher will hit a server which is capable of sending the email."

7Infinito

hi, i just bought this game today, this morning i signed in on the game, and downloaded the game, then windows 10 had an update, and now im back to the login part, now the launcher doesnt send me the email.. i dont understand cuz on the page i got the mails.

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 10:36 AM, Megaladon123 said:

SOLVED, this worked for me just reset your password and right when you reset it, log onto launcher and it should send you one email verfication code.

I can't reset my password because it asks for a verification code even on the website