Is this game ever going to make Scavs be a real threat?

moisesjns

I mean i bought this game, thinking just like stalker, i would find 4-5 man squads patrolling the maps, or being in the landmarks that are around the map. Instead i get the same static spawns for 5 years, I know where the enemy is always because spawns have also not been changed in 4 years.  This game, i loved it at the start before i realized the static spawns  on scavs and players were never changed.  

After my 8th wipe now, im just done. This game is not what i expected, i thought scav gangs would be a real threat. Instead i know where they all are, and i know where all the players will be and at what times. Its just so predictable, and this can only be fun to people that enjoy killing noobs, or enjoy the same raids over and over. Best of luck to the devs, but they dont need it, because as has already been stated, they will abandon this game and move on to their next title. I mean Streets of tarkov is not even going to be exciting, 90% of the houses will be useless, or empty with no threats ever inside em. ANd people will find the one place that has LOOT and ignore every other part of the map. What good is a Awesome map like Interchange, or shoreline, When Only like 25% of the time the boss, or something even like a scav which MAY pose a threat is even there?

Why this post? Because on the off chance some dev sees this, I hope you can in the future make your scavs actually work like a gang, If Reshala can form a gang, Why is it so hard to believe 5-6 regular scavs would group  up and defend Dorms? or the the MANY buildings in Reserve? and the shoreline has 3 landmarks, swamp village, village, resort. ANd guess what if your lucky you see 2-3 scavs at ONE! of those places. I thought when i bought this game i would be scared of scavs, but there a joke and always in the same spot so i know not to worry at all. 

Fanboys will defend the game thinknig somehow that helps, when they are actually worse for this game than anything else, as it will get stale, old, repetitive, and your streamers will stop being your cash cow once your game is no longer "indie"

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 2
Donidon

I don't like it either, especially because the scavs are getting fewer and fewer. Just a year ago there were 6+ scavs in some places. Now there are 5-6 on the entire map.

Keptas

SCAVS costs server performance so they reduced their number. When players start to die the more scavs spawn.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Cloak
6 hours ago, Keptas said:

SCAVS costs server performance so they reduced their number. When players start to die the more scavs spawn.

Imm have to call BS on this one. Due the fact that you can piles of bodies of scavs in factory. And not even see a performance hit. If performance is the excuse then the future of this game is looking pretty grim. Having a lot of A.I.'s and players in one game has been triumph in other games. Not having a gang of scavs because of performance is a pathetic excuse. EFT is not even that graphic intensive. I can vouch for that cause I am running this game on a dinosaur PC.

Edited by Cloak
johncage213
15 minutes ago, Cloak said:

Imm have to call BS on this one. Due the fact that you can piles of bodies of scavs in factory. And not even see a performance hit. If performance is the excuse then the future of this game is looking pretty grim. Having a lot of A.I.'s and players in one game has been triumph in other games. Not having a gang of scavs because of performance is a pathetic excuse. EFT is not even that graphic intensive. I can vouch for that cause I am running this game on a dinosaur PC.

they load scavs in waves, they can't handle more than a few scavs at a time. they should just make this game coop. pvp is done to death, like every other open world shooter out there. there is no coop open world game. tarkov could be the first

Cloak
8 hours ago, moisesjns said:

I thought when i bought this game i would be scared of scavs, but there a joke and always in the same spot so i know not to worry at all.

"I've seen an agent punch through a concrete wall. Men have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air, yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be." -Morpheus/The Matrix

Scared of scavs? You're playing the wrong game. If you want to be scared you should just stick to S.T.A.L.K.E.R where the blood suckers are. At best Scavs will only be a nuisance or a challenging obstacle one day... maybe. But unfortunately the ultimate prey/hunter will be the human player. Cause video game A.I. has not advance enough to be as unpredictable as a human adversary is.  But scavs will never be scary unless they all become blood suckers that can pop out of invisibility in front of your face. 

Edited by Cloak
Neyreyan

i would be more scared of them if i saw them....curently the scavs are non-existant unless you run through the map and kill 1-2

Niewiarygodny

I mean i bought this game, thinking just like stalker

That was your mistake, can i end answering here?

This game, i loved it at the start before i realized the static spawns  on scavs and players were never changed.  

Few spawns were added 1-2 wipes ago.

This game is not what i expected, i thought scav gangs would be a real threat.

Meanwhile tons of ppl die to them and say that they have inhuman reactions...
Anyway, should they be a real treat to us? We are trained military/mercenaries, meanwhile Scavs are just ppl who accepted new reality in Tarkov and they "create" ganks in order to survive in Tarkov (+-).

Best of luck to the devs, but they dont need it, because as has already been stated, they will abandon this game and move on to their next title

Ofc they will, at some point, same as ANY other game developers. 
But are they leaving Tarkov now? In current state? No.

For me it's funny, u are moaning that basiclly scavs are too easy vs ppl who claim that they are dying to scavs a lot.
Scavs are just something "extra", they are not meant to be "main threat".

ome dev sees this, I hope you can in the future make your scavs actually work like a gang, If Reshala can form a gang, Why is it so hard to believe 5-6 regular scavs would group  up and defend Dorms? or the the MANY buildings in Reserve? and the shoreline has 3 landmarks, swamp village, village, resort. ANd guess what if your lucky you see 2-3 scavs at ONE! of those places

Because:
- There will be diffrent factions at some point of the game?
- Because they didn't add x things to the game?

I know how it sound, but u are like those kids who are baking a cake, but instead waiting 1h they take it out from oven after 30 min and moan IT TASTE AS poo WHY. 

Fanboys will defend the game thinknig somehow that helps

Nah no, we just knew what he bought, we knew that we bought RUSSIAN product, we knew what we should expect (or what we shouldn't), we know how EARLY access work, i personally got few early access casue i liked idea but they never finished the game. I knew the risk, as i said, i know that EFT is not finished product. Instead wasiting time on adding "god damn scavs" to x places, i would rather prefer to have finished world, on which they can finnally work on.

GhostZ69
47 minutes ago, Cloak said:

If you are calling bull on that, then you do not know what you are talking about.  Not sure how long you have been around, but back when I first started playing you could kill 15-25 scavs on Customs with no problem.  And yes, even Nikita himself said they reduced the number of scav's due to their performance hit on the servers.

Having waves of scavs spawn in is NOT the same as having all of those scav's on the map at the same time.  Also, you are talking about Factory, one of the smallest and easiest maps for a server to run...  

MinecraftAddict

I regularly queue into matches as 4-man scav team. Yes, it's late into the game, but PMCs have other PMCs to worry about. I think BEAR v USEC is going to be a thing in the future because it was in Contract Wars.

Cloak
22 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

And yes, even Nikita himself said they reduced the number of scav's due to their performance hit on the servers.

Then EFT is on the wrong engine or dev's are incompetent. Scav's having a impact on servers performance is a pathetic excuse.

Niewiarygodny
22 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

but back when I first started playing you could kill 15-25 scavs on Customs with no problem

And u still can, depends of spawns.
Last time i met 5 scavs on old gas station, scav boss on dorms + 3 scavs, checkpoint 2, around factory another 2, Big construcion 1, old construcion 3, bus station 1, 3 scavs snipers and few on other side (ofc i didnt kill all of them and i could miss something too)

Limptriskit
6 minutes ago, Cloak said:

Then EFT is on the wrong engine or dev's are incompetent. Scav's having a impact on servers performance is a pathetic excuse.

obvious you have no clue how servers work lol

GhostZ69
19 minutes ago, Limptriskit said:

obvious you have no clue how servers work lol

Well, he is correct about the Dev's and the engine too though.  lol

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
orion310591
On 1/3/2021 at 6:34 PM, moisesjns said:

Why this post? Because on the off chance some dev sees this, I hope you can in the future make your scavs actually work like a gang, If Reshala can form a gang, Why is it so hard to believe 5-6 regular scavs would group  up and defend Dorms? or the the MANY buildings in Reserve? and the shoreline has 3 landmarks, swamp village, village, resort. ANd guess what if your lucky you see 2-3 scavs at ONE! of those places. I thought when i bought this game i would be scared of scavs, but there a joke and always in the same spot so i know not to worry at all. 

Ah... as old player you mentioned only tip of iceberg. Im here 11 days more than you :D

What about DLC's? xD There was a time when they were saying that game will be released then new maps added. Then we got Interchange, Labs and Resort xD What will be in DLC that EOD buyers paid? New maps, why if we have +6 of them already? New content after release? With BSG planning next game after Tarkov?

I think I will also skip this wipe... major thing that could draw me to game is netcode rework, to feel its lag-free, until then...

/salute and /farewell, come back in few months...

• Like 1
GhostSpartan117

Now I'm not sure if other maps have this but Customs actually already has what your suggesting. I have 1.5k hours and have only recently started noticing this, there is a chance on Customs and dorms and I believe at gas station for a group of scavs that I call a "scav gang" to spawn instead of the scav boss. They seem to spawn in groups of 4-6 and they seem to have similar AI to that of Reshala and his guards. They'll hold in rooms and spin while standing still making a shifting noise that tells you that their is either Reshala or a scav gang. Once the group is disturbed they'll start coming out of the different rooms in dorms and push your location. They MAY have better loot than normal scavs but I really can't tell, it just seems to me that I see them with body armor like paca and low tier level 3 a lot more often than just normal groups of scavs. Now while I can't guarantee that everything I've noticed is true I can for certain say that a group of scavs with similar AI to that of Reshala and his guards 100% can spawn instead of the scav boss in 3 story dorms. I would love for other players to look into this themselves and see if they notice anything about this group of scavs that I haven't. 

Cstain

That is so awesome to read how much of the game you have mastered!!!! It is very impressive I am still learning myself, and really enjoying it. Grats on mastering this game it truly seems like it will take me years to do what you have done so quickly. Very impressive!

Chinjangs

Frankly I find this pretty humorous considering someone just posted yesterday about how scavs are ruining the game.

Regardless, I still think some part of your statements doesn't really reflect the game's development. Considering they're now adding the cultists and the woods expansion, devs are surely trying to improve and find new, harder to predict ways to make the game more exciting. 

How do you envision the scavs to be like realistically though?