Different conditions for weapons picked up in raid

Mirozu

I think it would add to the games overall experience to put random conditions to weapons found on for example scavs. Personally I haven't experienced even one malfunction on any weapon and I have been playing the game for about a year now.

Andrudis

There is no weapon malfunction feature implemented yet. It is planned and will likely to come this year. Weapons will have durability like armor and will deteriorate when used and require maintenance. Details are not yet clear, but overheat may also be a thing, so no more 60-rounds bursts without releasing trigger. 

Update: Advanced weapon jamming is planned for 0.13 patch, probably with Streets of Tarkov (note: we can still get 12.10, 12.11, etc patches before 13.0). Each weapon part is supposed to have own durability. Also there will be Weapon Maintenance skill related to this feature with unknown yet benefits.

Edited by Andrudis
Spectator6
18 minutes ago, Andrudis said:

There is no weapon malfunction feature implemented yet. It is planned and will likely to come this year. Weapons will have durability like armor and will deteriorate when used and require maintenance. Details are not yet clear, but overheat may also be a thing, so no more 60-rounds bursts without releasing trigger. 

Update: Advanced weapon jamming is planned for 0.13 patch, probably with Streets of Tarkov (note: we can still get 12.10, 12.11, etc patches before 13.0). Each weapon part is supposed to have own durability. Also there will be Weapon Maintenance skill related to this feature with unknown yet benefits.

Slight correct here: Low durability weapons ***DO*** jam in the current build.

What Nikita has been talking about in recent podcasts is expanding this feature set to also take into account weapon components overheating. Which, long story short, will lead to weapon jamming and misfires becoming more common. IIRC, there's also a chance these sort of "wear and tear" modifiers will include magazines as well.

15 hours ago, Mirozu said:

I think it would add to the games overall experience to put random conditions to weapons found on for example scavs. Personally I haven't experienced even one malfunction on any weapon and I have been playing the game for about a year now.

I think this would be great too!

IIRC, at least in older builds of the game, any ADAR picked up from a Scav had a lower duarability rating.