Scavs ruin the game

Luandro

What is going on with Scavs nowadays? I Honestly hope you remove their ability to kill people in 1 shot, this is coming from a long time player. It has never felt this bad. Where is the fun in this? Dying to AI the entire evening is great fun yes...

Constantly in one or two shots. Behind cover, behind walls, armor or no armor, peaking or no peaking, croucing or running or slow walking..nothing works and its infuriating to say the least!!

Am I supposed to quit the game because I am not good enough anymore to complete even 1 raid?? How about catering to players of all skill levels.

To have my love for the game die in one evening is a pretty big deal and I hope this changes soon.

Please don't say that Tarkov is not supposed to be fun...that's the most stupid thing I can think of. (I see the comments already..sigh..) This is a game and fun IS a factor! 

I really really don't care for dying, I'm not unreasonable trust me and I love the grind and fun moments! But 10 raids in a row the same story? I played this game for a reason but this is getting too much and broke my will completely.

I spend so much money on gear to have a good chance at surviving but just get one shot time after time. Nothing makes a difference to my survival, WHY? What is the aim of helmets or armor then? For when a scav shoots you in the back of the head while you run away?

Maybe give people bad luck protection after dying 20 times on the same quest I don't know. There has to be a way if you don't feel like nerfing scavs.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

Scavs are broken, they know where you are without them actually seeing or hearing you, which itself is OK, in the end its AI...

Its not like you can fix all of the behaviours that make them feel like they have X Ray vision.

However what makes them so frustrating is that they either aimbot you into oblivion or dont hit you at all, sometimes scavs dont even react to players to begin with.

So Scavs are either straight OP, or useless.

Maybe a change to how scavs deal dmg could make things interesting again, some scavs like bosses and raiders have increased HP, which is kinda unrealistic to begin with, so making them overall accurate but deal less dmg per shot than players could help find the sweet spot between useless and broken.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

yeah they really do ruin the fun. no one likes getting aimbotted, especially when you can't see them.  I legit die more to scavs than I do to players. I would love to be able to see the statistics on this to share with everyone and BSG. their AI sucks as always, not even their recent changes have helped, all BSG did was add more realistic actions for them so now players hear them sprinting and reloading, which only confuses people even more. they did nothing to improve the actual combat behavior in over a year... oh, except make the aimbot even more powerful against hatchlings but that doesnt count. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2021 at 7:59 PM, Luandro said:

I really really don't care for dying, I'm not unreasonable trust me and I love the grind and fun moments! But 10 raids in a row the same story? I played this game for a reason but this is getting too much and broke my will completely.

At last you are seeing the true meaning of Tarkov, the only way to win Tarkov is to not play it. That is the only way to Escape Tarkov. Every time you return to it, feed it your energy and time and soul. It will relentlessly consume all you have to give. The wise ones never started playing it, the unlucky ones keep playing it. The cursed have committed suicide to escape it... but those who do never escape tarkov.... There is no escaping tarkov.... 

• Upvote 2

Hope this helps

Move slower, scan more, check your corners, be ready to shoot every time you create a new sight line. These methods have greatly increased my scav kill rate, there are even a few head sets that will allow you to hear them from further away.

I persevered through this frustration, and on occasion still get one shot by them if I'm not paying attention.

If they start shooting first you best be taking cover (yes some times they will dome you in this process, maybe try staying closer to cover all the time). figure out where they are get your tactical laser ready, or Aim down sights and then use the side step ability, which i have rebound to alt+A or D.

All in all they only time scav's can kill me now is if I'm not ready for a fight, every step of the way.

• Like 2

On the spectrum of AI, IMO mindless drones are worse. I like that I cant just mindlessly sprint through an area.

Although i agree that their xray vision needs some adjusting lol. If I cant see the scav through the bush, it shouldnt beable to see me, etc.

3 hours ago, Stepping_Razor said:

Move slower, scan more, check your corners, be ready to shoot every time you create a new sight line. These methods have greatly increased my scav kill rate, there are even a few head sets that will allow you to hear them from further away.

we are not talking about what we can do better to deal with a bad situation, we are talking about how to FIX the bad situation.

These forums are here to discuss how to improve the game, not how to improve our gameplay.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm pretty new having just picked up the game late in to this wipe, but for a game that totes "realism" there is so much that is far from it, and that's fine, it's still a game at the core. But when a Scav AI can nail shots at a long range WHILE MOVING AT NORMAL PACE where you as a player aren't going to be capable of doing because the gun sway is so intense there is something wrong and there needs to be some major accuracy adjustments to the AI. They suffer no aiming penalties. They need longer target acquisition time when trying to get on target at like 70m+, and their accuracy needs to suffer MASSIVE penalties if they're trying to shoot while moving.

Edited by l_Devious_l
words
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

SCAVs AI sucks, or they are complete idiots, or they kill You with one shot, no matter if You just headshot them, or send half a mag in the body fully geared. same bugs, more hackers, same rubbish, same frustraiting moments...  Tarkov.

Edited by ghost14

Same here. The scav AI will either miss all of their shots, reload, miss all of their shots again, OR spot you and 1-tap you within less than a second before announcing that they will divide your cheeks. Make up your god damn mind. At least say what you are going to do before I get absolutely hammered to the head, jaws.

Scavs are honestly one of the least consistent AI I've seen. They used to be either completely incompetent, or deadly crack shots and that balance has shifted WAY over towards crack shot as of late. I think the best balance would be somewhere between Deadsides AI, where they have natural tendency to strategize and move upon recognizing a threat, but are still relatively "civilian" and on the other end, Armas AI being the most difficult I've fought, getting sniped 600-700 meters out in a glorious 1 tap, and knowing where you are at all times. It feels like scavs "see" all at any distance. Laying down behind cover on top of a roof in reserve, I have constantly been sniped by scavs 150 meters away as they dolphin dive on the ground and let lose a crack shot straight into my skull. It almost feels like they track you through walls as well, as flanking them I'm frequently met with the opposite end of a barrel, or they just straight up try and shoot me through a wall. I think there should be semi dynamic skill levels for AI overall, but scavs should remain more "civilian" whereas raiders should be the deadlier pmc esque operators. Scav "Identification" should definitely be toned down, and the ability for scavs to locate people is extremely unreliable, being killed through rain, fog, and shrubbery where no part of my body is realistically visible, to grazing the top of my dome as I barely poke my eyes out to scan for enemies. There needs to be a more reliable consistent level to scav ability and "knowledge". Especially revolving around the distance and way scavs identify and recognize individuals. If youre hiding in bushes, crawing behind cover, just keep your eyes or head out scanning I feel it'd be more balanced to have a balanced "stealth" mechanic relating to  them as well, where different actions provoke, and affect them looking for you, or if they can see you period. Scavs recognizing a head peaking over the ledge of a building 150 meters away is nuts. Sometimes I feel like these mechanics exist, its just so inconsistent I cant tell. Definitely something I'd like to see balanced out by official release.

from the very first game, i really didnt understand, why scav can kill me by headshots. even if you go altyn, slick, you see the switch, they attack only your limbs. this wipe, but also the last , i died so often from one-taps to the chest or ofc the head. a raider or boss should be hard, no questions asked, but plz remove this instant-killing.

I dont have a problem with the scavs. Ive died to them maybe twice during the wipe. More so as a scav, but I play less carefully as a scav.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:01 AM, Jsaccs said:

On the spectrum of AI, IMO mindless drones are worse. I like that I cant just mindlessly sprint through an area.

Although i agree that their xray vision needs some adjusting lol. If I cant see the scav through the bush, it shouldnt beable to see me, etc.

A thousand times this. 

BSG has been vocal about the fact that scav AI will see a lot of improvements as the dev't goes on. Its far from perfect, quite flawed actually, but what you guys dont seem to understand is that scavs wont be made any less dangerous. If they were any less dangerous, they would be loot pinatas, just waiting to give free gear to the first person who sees them. Even now the fact that they are so tied to certain areas (theres gonna be more patrols too in the future) makes them literally loot pinatas to anyone who even remotely knows what they are doing.

Why is it that you guys are getting onetapped all the time but I am not? I was onetapped by a mosin scav once, which is one of the two times Ive died to one during the whole wipe. Why are you guys getting onetapped all the time? 

On 1/10/2021 at 2:09 AM, GeneralBrus said:

we are not talking about what we can do better to deal with a bad situation, we are talking about how to FIX the bad situation.

These forums are here to discuss how to improve the game, not how to improve our gameplay.

This is very flawed thinking, because the situation will never be such, that you can just ignore the scavs and stay in their line of sight but survive. Sure, the AI needs tweaking, nobody will disagree with that, but what @Stepping_Razor said is true. You should change the way how you play if you get onetapped by scavs all the time, or even die to them all the time, because even if their x-ray vision or accuracy is tweaked, they wont be made significantly easier. This has been confirmed by BSG early on. Its better to get used to them being deadly now, than later, as we have a reduced amount of them in the maps right now. 

On 1/4/2021 at 4:59 AM, Luandro said:

Maybe give people bad luck protection after dying 20 times on the same quest I don't know. There has to be a way if you don't feel like nerfing scavs.

Not gonna happen. This isnt some casual shooter where everyone wins, where everyone needs to have fun no matter how bad they are. No death streaks here, if you are looking for some you should look somewhere else. 100% guarantee that this wont happen. Why? Because EFT is all about being unforgiving and punishing, its all about learning from your mistakes by experimenting different kinds of approaches to situations etc. 

There has to be a way? Yes, there is one and its already there. Form a squad, move more methodically from cover to cover, take cover immediately if a scav sees you, learn where they spawn and end firefights with them quickly or just retreat. They wont follow you anywhere you go, which is what makes it so easy to fight against them. You can just re-position and they will lose aggro.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, GeneralBrus said:

Maybe a change to how scavs deal dmg could make things interesting again, some scavs like bosses and raiders have increased HP, which is kinda unrealistic to begin with, so making them overall accurate but deal less dmg per shot than players could help find the sweet spot between useless and broken.

This is a horrible idea. I dont understand how you argue anything about realism and then suggest that scavs should somehow do less damage. Doesnt make any sense. I repeat: scavs are meant to be a threat, you are meant to be afraid of them. In the future they will be more intelligent and do more different kinds of maneuvers and there will be more of them too. They might even hunt bad karma players. 

Its basically against the core idea of EFT to have the scavs less of a threat than they are now. 

On 1/10/2021 at 5:53 AM, l_Devious_l said:

you as a player aren't going to be capable of doing because the gun sway is so intense

Speak for yourself. With a walking pace, depending on the weapon, you absolutely can do that if you just learn how to do it. The gun sway in EFT is barely there at all. Probably gonna be increased when inertia is implemented.

Edited by p4nnus

On 2/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, p4nnus said:

Why is it that you guys are getting onetapped all the time but I am not? I was onetapped by a mosin scav once, which is one of the two times I've died to one during the whole wipe. Why are you guys getting onetapped all the time? 

Probably because you play like a rat. Damn rats. Cries in duffle bags

These scavs are ridiculous...right now i died by one and i spent my mag on him LOL...and he gave me 1 shot with shotgun..GG...ridiculous scavs

27 minutes ago, johnthewhatever said:

Probably not. I have a very aggressive playstyle myself and last time I died to a one-tap scav is ages ago. It's just very bad luck. Usually I kill scavs before they even get one shot off so that helps as well 😅. Whenever I die to a scav it's usually because my leg is instantly shot out and the next bullet hits my head.

Don't know how you play, but just try to give them a headshot before they aggress to you. If you give them the chance to shoot big chance you're fckd.

Edited by TarkovCitizen4431498

12 hours ago, johnthewhatever said:

IMO this rat vs chad rhetoric is used by people who either dont know or dont accept what kind of game EFT is or tries to be/is gonna be. At least when used unironically.

Anyways, here we get to the problem = people who are not cautious about them die to scavs, so its not the games fault. Eventhough the AI will be tweaked, the scavs wont probably be any less dangerous in the future. 

Edited by p4nnus

Cmon, sometimes they one shot you, but honnestly, scav are not smart and 95% you shoot them by one tap SKS at 200m.. More scav could be cool, i have hear more scav wil be added in game in the future, someone can confirm?

ATM IMHO the biggest problem that we have regarding with SCAVs are the fire rate and no recoil of the raiders, followers and bosses. This is just impossible to avoid and not get killed even with lvl 5+ armor when you get literally "1 tapped" with 4 shots in the chest. And in addition they are capable to do this through bushes/obsticles or when they are walking. The rest is fine, they should not give the loot for free, but please have at least the same recoil and fire rate as we have...

Edited by Rszollosi92

• 2 weeks later...

I feel you here on the raiders and bosses. Literally saw Sanitar and I take a route that would surprise a regular player but nope he instantly just blacks out both my arms then to add salt to the wound he throws a grenade that lands literally right in front of my face like come on now. 

I recently bought Tarkov last week. But I have read posts about the poor Scav AI at factory from old game builds. Players used to be able to spawn in naked, loot, melee enemies, and evacuate. In my mind, that was easy mode where it's no longer fun. 

Scav AI is a bit inconsistent, but I don't think they should be dumbed down to the point of uselessness. 

I don't care about scavs killing me. If that happens that is ONLY MY FAULT. Or I've peaked, or missed my shots or thought I can shoot them witout cover all day long or just ignored their agro on me. Long story short - scav killed you? Smile, and go into another raid.