Chaft

Squad size balancing for Raids

Chaft

At the moment squad size is maxed at 5. Which is a good size... depending on the raid. Raids like Factory and Customs leave 1 or 2 players vs a full squad. Rather than trying to cram more spawning locations on these maps simply limit the squad sizes to the raids themselves. I'd recommend 3 as a limit for factory, 4 for customs, and 5 for woods. The advantage of group play still exists but it doesn't allow the group to turn the raid into a cake walk. This also allows for the possibility of group vs group play which would be very welcome in my opinion.  This also helps out solo players that end up joining that game of factory and everyone else playing with him is actually working together. 

Simply a suggestion to balance the raids and make them more interesting both for the groups and for the lone wolves, what do you guys think?

• Upvote 1

Dyyrin

Sounds like a good idea, but coming from someone who plays almost always in a five man this would make it hard for all of us to play together. 

Edited by Dyyrin

Chaft

Same I'm part the TAW clan and have 175 members from around the globe. I know it sucks to leave that 1 man out or even be that 1 man out but if you have 5 friends you can still do 2 groups and rotate about and share your raid stories after the match for bragging rights and what not.

• Like 1

Kaktus0ne

I'll always be a lone wolf but yeah I agree with your idea

IronE

But then we can't play with our squads chaft xD I think opening up the limit in the server would be better. Having 10 people in a game instead of 6. That way a squad is going up against a larger number or possibly another squad. 

Edited by IronE

Chaft

I do both group play and lone wolfing but I always feel bad for the 1 or 2 players whos best chance at even surviving is to hide and wait or come in fully geared and the know how of the map to take down a squad. However throw in 3 lone wolves vs a 3 man squad god knows when and where you will be attacked no coordination who knows if they've just killed each other or worse... its another 3 man squad. Tilt the scales a little.

Chaft
8 minutes ago, IronE said:

But then we can't play with our squads chaft xD I think opening up the limit in the server would be better. Having 10 people in a game instead of 6. That way a squad is going up against a larger number or possibly another squad. 

Its far too easy when we're in our squads there's time I mess around on my other monitor cuz its so easy and some people just have to be the guy that gets the kills or loot so I sit back and watch or whatever we do when we have rambo leading the way.

Also increasing numbers can cause a little to much chaos in the amount of space provided like factory... say we expand it so that its always balanced, 10 people on factory my god, plus the scavs? Customs might work but it would turn so chaotic and so fast that I feel we would lose that suspense of where people may be...

edit: That suspense I feel is what makes EFT so much more fun than DayZ and COD. Its not a large area with to few of players and its not a small area with to many. We're Goldilocks and the game sizing currently is just right.

Also future raids that are much larger like Woods (which I feel should be a 10 slot raid) would be good for those large player counts allowing large group vs group combat.

Edited by Chaft