Jump to content

Hardware activation e-mail issues


Awpii
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I've been trying for DAYS already to log into the launcher after getting a "Hardware activation required" error, and the e-mail with the 2FA code just never arrives. What exactly is the issue here?
(Yes, I've checked my junk / spam folders, the e-mail just isn't arriving).

I was also able to see this was happening to several people by the ammount of threads about it but no acknowledgement or solution is provided, or so it seems..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I gathered that this has been going on since January of last year. I'm also on the same boat but... hopefully we're lucky enough to get that email soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the things I have seen that may work are:

 

  • Whitelist [email protected] from your email provider
  • Send a test email to [email protected] (it will say they don't accept messages but this refreshes the status)
  • Disable any antivirus/ad-block/firewall you may have
  • Run the launcher as admin &/or compatibility mode for windows 8 
  • Check the email on a different browser

Hopefully one of these might help. Depending on who your email provider is.. I know they are having issues with certain ones and there is a one time fix posted here

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i'm using @live email service. I get the verification code while loggin on the site and forum, but nothing while trying to enter the launcher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nayabinghi93 said:

i'm using @live email service. I get the verification code while loggin on the site and forum, but nothing while trying to enter the launcher.

Have you tried all of the above? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same issue and worked with EFT support and my ISP support. Eventually they offered to change the email address the game was sending the notifications to my gmail account and I got the notification first try. From what I can gather the email WAS being sent but was being blocked somewhere along the route, but not at my ISPs antispam filter. I'm guessing more than likely it got caught in some blanket drop rule because its coming from russia and so does a LOT of spam. 

 

TL;DR its likely being sent and just not making it to you. Talk to support. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xmode said:

I had the same issue and worked with EFT support and my ISP support. Eventually they offered to change the email address the game was sending the notifications to my gmail account and I got the notification first try. From what I can gather the email WAS being sent but was being blocked somewhere along the route, but not at my ISPs antispam filter. I'm guessing more than likely it got caught in some blanket drop rule because its coming from russia and so does a LOT of spam. 

 

TL;DR its likely being sent and just not making it to you. Talk to support. 

What about some of us already on gmail?  Just started this today and no luck getting in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SharkBytes said:

What about some of us already on gmail?  Just started this today and no luck getting in.

See if you can get it changed to something else? I'm pretty convinced once it isnt coming through its never coming through on that email address. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if you try login via website and you don't get a code it's not the launcher so you don't need to bother messing with that.

Possible contacting your email provider to make sure the [email protected] is not blacklisted or blocked in either way possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2021 at 9:52 AM, Nayabinghi93 said:

i'm using @live email service. I get the verification code while loggin on the site and forum, but nothing while trying to enter the launcher.

Same problem here. This is so effing stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone posted a possible fix: Change password on website with launcher closed, then open the launcher and retry logging in with the new password and see if the code gets sent. I read you may need to keep the launcher open at the screen it asks for the code for around 10-15 minutes for the email to be sent. If one of you guys can verify that this works it would be a great help to me because I have to reformat soon and I don't want to be locked out myself. Regards.

 

Another possible fix posted by someone in another thread: 

1. Install new BSG Launcher

2. Go to BSG Launcher folder (e.g. C/Battlestate Games/BsgLauncher)

3. Hit the application BsgAccessProvider 

4. Run BsgLauncher and log in

Verification email came in a secound and I"m using Gmail.com

 

Please let me know if either of these methods resolve the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another possible fix from another thread:

 

I uninstalled the battlestate games client, and reinstalled, and tried to log in. It sent me the auth code.

 

It will try to make you install the game, don't!

Right above where it says install, there's a button to link to the folder where you already have the game installed. Click that and it'll do an integrity check and then you're good to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other possible fixes posted by other users:

1. I have a solution to this problem. Right click BSG Launcher, and click "Properties." Then click the compatibility tab. Check the box that says "Compatibility mode for Windows 8" then click run the program in compatibility mode. Run under recommended settings. Type in your information, then click Authorize. You should receive the email. 

On a backup note, if you have an email from [email protected], mark it as spam, then unmark it. Try logging in again. you should receive the email. If these don't help, let me know!

 

2. On a backup note, if you have an email from [email protected], mark it as spam, then unmark it. Try logging in again. you should receive the email. If these don't help, let me know!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The solution is:

hello everyone, basically it seems they have issues with some servers. I sniffed the traffic and when launcher calls 104.22.28.180 (and I would guess some others) no email is sent, but then it called 172.67.41.203 and I received the email. So the "solution" is - keep doing it until you get the email. Basically open your email client, authorize in launcher (so it shows that email was sent), wait 10s, refresh email, if there's nothing, click back and authorize again. Eventually launcher will hit a server which is capable of sending the email.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2021 at 2:25 PM, calreacher said:

Someone posted a possible fix: Change password on website with launcher closed, then open the launcher and retry logging in with the new password and see if the code gets sent. I read you may need to keep the launcher open at the screen it asks for the code for around 10-15 minutes for the email to be sent. If one of you guys can verify that this works it would be a great help to me because I have to reformat soon and I don't want to be locked out myself. Regards.

 

Another possible fix posted by someone in another thread: 

1. Install new BSG Launcher

2. Go to BSG Launcher folder (e.g. C/Battlestate Games/BsgLauncher)

3. Hit the application BsgAccessProvider 

4. Run BsgLauncher and log in

Verification email came in a secound and I"m using Gmail.com

 

Please let me know if either of these methods resolve the issue.

The BsgAccessProvider method worked for me, thanks. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

None of this worked for me. This is absolute garbage. It isn't my email provider, it's the client. I am able to receive emails from the no-reply for MANY other methods. 

The client simply isn't sending the trigger. I have tested numerous other account retrieval methods, such as changing password, purchase verification, etc. They ALL send me emails, but the authorization to play simply is never sent.

About done with these extra "security measures" that these companies force on us that we DON'T ask for. I mean.. I just upgraded to Win11 and now I can't even play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...