Raise ping limit to 200

Roger_Douglas

Roger_Douglas

I brought this game to play with my American friends
I get 100-150 ping to USWEST in every other game
But in this game my ping is 150-200
Sometimes I can join a California server and it works
Sometimes I join a California server and my ping is 25-50 higher and I get constant disconnects 

Raise the ping limit to 200

Ignore the people who are bad at this game blaming ping for their deaths

• Sad 4
  • Upvote 4
EthanRAA

Its not "people who are bad" who are complaining about the ping limit. But I agree that there needs to be an option for someone to opt-in to higher ping limit servers. Then people who complain can opt-out and people who wanna play with overseas friends can do so. 

• Like 1
On 1/10/2021 at 1:04 AM, EthanRAA said:

Its not "people who are bad" who are complaining about the ping limit. But I agree that there needs to be an option for someone to opt-in to higher ping limit servers. Then people who complain can opt-out and people who wanna play with overseas friends can do so. 

"Opting" would certainly cut the player base in half, extending load times and so on...

the best solution rn would be to just revert the changes and keep the ping cap at 200-250. 250 ping wouldn't be considered ping abuse, and don't believe whoever says it is, they're just pirating whatever they heard from another streamer or thread. 

The real issue starts at 300-350 ping, way above of what would be considered acceptable.

Edited by sQuAde
  • Like 2
Roger_Douglas

Yes people thought the ping cap would solve all the issues with the netcode
But guess what 
It hasnt it wont
and the ping cap is just pointless 

every other game uses a higher ping cap of 300-350 because guess what thats when ping actually causes issues 

Kremson
7 minutes ago, Roger_Douglas said:

Yes people thought the ping cap would solve all the issues with the netcode
But guess what 
It hasnt it wont
and the ping cap is just pointless 

every other game uses a higher ping cap of 300-350 because guess what thats when ping actually causes issues 

Every other game also has way better servers than what EFT uses hence the lower ping cap . 

• Like 1
Bjhore1

I had a few people I played with that are in the Netherlands and I cant play with them at all anymore cause my ping is too high (west coast canada) on their servers and same for them on my server region, even trying to get a middle distance region wont work cause like OP said the ping is always about 20 higher than what the server selection screen shows and it ends up being a disconnection fest since we would try to reconnect in raids to finish them if we didn't get kicked at the beginning or if we just wanted to ditch our loot and fully disconnect

• Like 1
AlmonDro

stop complaining about ping restrictions, unless you have hard facts or experience in networking, you are talking out of your 💩.

There is no "blame" or "being bad" when it comes to connection quality. Lower ping and less lag = better connection quality for everyone.... that should be simple and universal enough for everyone to understand. this directly translates into creating a good gameplay experience.

Play on your own regions servers, there is no shortage of EFT players in any region of the world.... make new friends or play a different game with the friends you want to. Region lock is a great thing for any competitive PvP game.

Raising the limit to 200 would be too high, anything between 100-150 is already noticeable enough, if you don't believe me, try loading up a game like league of legends where the effects of +100ms is very visible and noticeable compared to -50ms and below. In an ideal world no one would have above a 30-60ms delay on their connection.  'Most games' do not have ping limits to begin with, because they generally don't care to regulate connection quality of players... most games have better servers than EFT does as well so they don't take this kind of measure for the extra help. You guys saying real issues start at '300-350ms' have no clue what you're talking about and can't even name a single game other than EFT that has region lock or ping limits without googling it.  Playing on a 350ms connection is INSANE. The fact that you guys would rather play on a 250ms connection instead of stick to your own region and play under ~100 is nuts.  These selfish posts spamming the forums is getting old and annoying

The ping limit has nothing to do with the server side performance itself. Of course there will still be lag, but this helps optimize the quality of our overall netcode. 

Edited by AlmonDro
  • Hot 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Bjhore1
12 hours ago, AlmonDro said:

Play on your own regions servers, there is no shortage of EFT players in any region of the world.... make new friends or play a different game with the friends you want to. Region lock is a great thing for any competitive PvP game.

Lemme go tell my friends I shouldn't game with them at all ever again cause they're in a country too far away. Its not selfish to want to be able to play with friends at the cost of having a laggy connection its just wanting to be able to play with friends you've made, pretty reasonable in my opinion. 

• Like 3
Roger_Douglas
21 hours ago, AlmonDro said:

stop complaining about ping restrictions, unless you have hard facts or experience in networking, you are talking out of your 💩.

There is no "blame" or "being bad" when it comes to connection quality. Lower ping and less lag = better connection quality for everyone.... that should be simple and universal enough for everyone to understand. this directly translates into creating a good gameplay experience.

Raising the limit to 200 would be too high, anything between 100-150 is already noticeable enough, if you don't believe me, try loading up a game like league of legends where the effects of +100ms is very visible and noticeable compared to -50ms and below. In an ideal world no one would have above a 30-60ms delay on their connection.  'Most games' do not have ping limits to begin with, because they generally don't care to regulate connection quality of players... most games have better servers than EFT does as well so they don't take this kind of measure for the extra help. You guys saying real issues start at '300-350ms' have no clue what you're talking about and can't even name a single game other than EFT that has region lock or ping limits without googling it.  Playing on a 350ms connection is INSANE. The fact that you guys would rather play on a 250ms connection instead of stick to your own region and play under ~100 is nuts.  These selfish posts spamming the forums is getting old and annoying

The ping limit has nothing to do with the server side performance itself. Of course there will still be lag, but this helps optimize the quality of our overall netcode. 

I love how you start off by saying that you are god.
But then go on to explain how you have no idea what you are talking about.

I play siege almost exclusively with 150 ping, and do well and have fun with my friends.

You clearly don't understand what netcode is or how ping works.

I play other games that have servers that have ping limits, and guess what they have a way higher limit than tarkovs 150.

I agree with you that the servers are very bad though.

Edited by Roger_Douglas
  • Like 2
AlmonDro
17 hours ago, Bjhore1 said:

Lemme go tell my friends I shouldn't game with them at all ever again cause they're in a country too far away. Its not selfish to want to be able to play with friends at the cost of having a laggy connection its just wanting to be able to play with friends you've made, pretty reasonable in my opinion. 

It is 100% selfish. These lobbies are open for PvP for an average of ~10 players. it is not just a game for you and your friends. No one wants to play against laggers or experience desync.  Do not be dramatic, there are tons of other games to play with them.

8 hours ago, Roger_Douglas said:

I love how you start off by saying that you are god.
But then go on to explain how you have no idea what you are talking about.

I play siege almost exclusively with 150 ping, and do well and have fun with my friends.

You clearly don't understand what netcode is or how ping works.

I play other games that have servers that have ping limits, and guess what they have a way higher limit than tarkovs 150.

I agree with you that the servers are very bad though.

??? I never said I was God... anyways, yes you can get away with 150 ping in any game, but that doesnt make it a good thing or mean that there isnt a there is a noticeable difference between 150 and under ~60 and under ~30.  I have over a 1,000 hours in siege myself and I find it annoying to match against players from a different region while they are on connections above 150ms+ because often they get lag spikes or there is visible desync.  There may not be an issue for you, but on my screen I can tell the difference between someone around ~50ms and a player from across the world pushing ~150ms+....maybe not at any given moment, but there will be hiccups whether we like it or not. 

Siege has a ping limit too, however it is not a region lock the same way Tarkov has implemented... I believe they have it around 250-350ms to prevent cheaters from abusing desync to win, it is not a quality control the same way EFT is using the lock. Most games, if they have a ping limit at all, only have one so that the games multiplayer is functional. Not to optimize the network. 2 totally different goals

Even in the case that players with 200 ping for example.... if they are completely FINE. The quality of the servers we have now are NOT good and in order to compensate, the client side portion of the game should be optimized as it is now to reduce desync and allow some wiggle room for the crappy servers. Region lock is a good thing.  

Edited by AlmonDro
  • Sad 1
Roger_Douglas

Their isn't a region lock dude

COMMON

The servers are crap because the ping is way higher than it should be
100 ping on a server in the same city?
AND
the ping ranges like 50 ms
it fluctuates 
this is the biggest indicator and cause of the problems

If they ran the servers on proper hardware
then everyone would get the same ping the entire match
and their wouldn't be a ton of issues

when your ping is constantly changing from 75-125ms on a server in your own city
they are 100% dog crap
and causing massive issues 

imagine having 125fps and it constantly dropping to 75
its not the same thing but it causes massive issues
and if you had that problem you would fix it

no other multiplayer games netcode runs so poorly or is run on such crap hardware

Edited by Roger_Douglas
Bjhore1
7 hours ago, AlmonDro said:

It is 100% selfish. These lobbies are open for PvP for an average of ~10 players. it is not just a game for you and your friends. No one wants to play against laggers or experience desync.  Do not be dramatic, there are tons of other games to play with them.

Pretty selfish to want everyone to play exactly how you and a certain amount of people want it to be played, in the end its only game, why you have to be mad at people for these things.

And ya there is other games but I primarily play tarkov cause not many other games make me wanna play them, for example I like hunt showdown but duck if I'm gonna play that for 5-6 hours straight lol and I used to play cod mw but I like my hard drive space and that ones kinda poo anyway imo. Anyway a game is a game and everyone has friends some further away than others but that doesn't mean we literally should be restricted from playing a certain game with them.

Edited by Bjhore1
Thought of another point after I posted
JLMetaMix

I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated about this issue, I just bought the game and wanted to play with my USA friend but cant play with him due to ping. We both play "Hunt Showdown" and I queue up in the US West region and bullet delay is like 0.1 to 1 Second but still playable. my ping is around 160-190. 

Please increase the Ping Kick limit.

Sir_Mossy
On 1/11/2021 at 2:55 PM, sQuAde said:

"Opting" would certainly cut the player base in half, extending load times and so on...

the best solution rn would be to just revert the changes and keep the ping cap at 200-250. 250 ping wouldn't be considered ping abuse, and don't believe whoever says it is, they're just pirating whatever they heard from another streamer or thread. 

The real issue starts at 300-350 ping, way above of what would be considered acceptable.

Are you dense?

200-250 ping is a considerable amount of ping, no matter what you try to say. Literally every source/link I have viewed says that even as little as 100 ping can make considerable difference. When you're talking about any FPS game, 1/5 of a second can make all of the difference between survival and death when in a gunfight. It also can result in you dying around corners and other sorts of ping-related issues. 

Don't act like Tarkov is the most optimized/smooth game out there, as it is most certainly not. It is definitely very good, but it still has much improvement to be made. Over 100 ping on games that are far more optimized than this game is a big deal, so don't try to lie and say that 250 ping "isn't a big deal". A quarter of a second is a lot of time in this game when in a firefight.

Edited by Sir_Mossy
  • Hot 1
Paescu96
On 1/13/2021 at 4:21 AM, Roger_Douglas said:

I play Siege since day One.

Trust me that game has a lot of serverissues, highping related peekersadvantage, desynces and even a failing hit detection, are problems we encounter daily.

The difference is simple.

BSG tries to solve those issues, and a pingcap is the easiest, if not the only way to fight peekers advantage.

Ubisoft on the contrary, just denied the issues and told everyone genuinely to just gid gud. Nowadays they delete support tickets about server issues without a comment. The playerbase adapted, rushing around while prefiring every corner, became the new meta. Abusing the server issues became a coreaspect of the Sieges gameplay. 

Angrybiker
On 1/15/2021 at 5:16 AM, Roger_Douglas said:

Hey I want to play with my friends - me

"no only casuals have friends, I want everyone to suffer alone like I do in RL" - classic tarkov mongoloid

this game is hot trash it amazes me that people take it seriously 

Ping abuse is possibly the oldest trick used by people wanting to gain advantage over other players in online gaming, therefore I don't want to play with people from the other side of the world pushing the server ping up even by 10-20 just because they want to play with their friend.

If people lack the necessary social skills to meet new people on an official discord channel that would facilitate a gameplay experience that impacts nobody else, then that is not anybody elses problem but their own, the ping cap is there for a reason and it's not going to change for socially inept people.

5 hours ago, JLMetaMix said:

We both play "Hunt Showdown" and I queue up in the US West region and bullet delay is like 0.1 to 1 Second but still playable. my ping is around 160-190. 

A perfect example of why ping caps are even a thing... You are happy with that delay, fabulous but you are not taking into account that it affects other player on the server.

I don't want a bullet delay of even 0.001 second or an inability to shoot someone because they are lagging around the place or server lag spikes because you are running high ping caused, for no other reason, than YOU wanting to play with your friend, you are impacting mine and everyone else on that servers gameplay in a negative way.

Yeavo
On 1/10/2021 at 6:04 AM, EthanRAA said:

But I agree that there needs to be an option for someone to opt-in to higher ping limit servers. Then people who complain can opt-out and people who wanna play with overseas friends can do so. 

Unless it affects matchmaking so that people can opt out of playing with people high ping, answer is loud and resounding: NO!

No other shooter I've ever come across has such a terrible peekers advantage. Before ping limit can be raised the netcode needs to be fixed if not totally rewritten. If ping limit is raised I can promise that I and others will once again return to US west to head click you out of nowhere, because by having a high ping I will see you long before you see me and try shooting me while I'm teleporting around, I dare you.

Low and strict ping limit is good for the health of the game.

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 1
Zeltrax3000

surprised the mods havent closed this down like everyone else posts to hide these discussions. totaly agree they should raise the cap.

Roger_Douglas

You guys seem to be confusing the bad net code and high ping.

The game is client side with bad netcode.

So ping doesn't matter 
All those issues people cried about before
STILL HAPPEN
the ping cap doesn't solve the bad netcode

• 2 weeks later...
PanicShow_
On 1/16/2021 at 4:00 AM, Paescu96 said:

Ubisoft on the contrary, just denied the issues and told everyone genuinely to just gid gud. Nowadays they delete support tickets about server issues without a comment. The playerbase adapted, rushing around while prefiring every corner, became the new meta. Abusing the server issues became a coreaspect of the Sieges gameplay. 

"Peeker's advantage" has been proven to be no longer a thing on Siege (as of mid 2018), 99% of the time if your ping is high you will be at a huge disadvantage, the server will correct/compensate for your position and sync it for everyone. Only place in siege that ping/regions are restricted are tournaments, just to keep regional players relevant, there's no other motive. After that most other tournaments (i,e: challenger league) just mix and match multiple players from different regions and they give you a ping cap of 200, "but why cap the ping if it doesn't really matter?" to keep people from trying to make an excuse, "my ping was too low, my ping was too high, this guy's ping is the issue". Former challenger league player here.

I can't play this with my friends any more, which is a real drag.  I can't even use the generic US option either. Healthy CHAD PMC, goes into raid pumped with massive amounts of gear, connects to a server with ping just barely under the cutoff - DISCONNECTED.  Many such cases!

jumunji4114

Yes please up the ping limit or remove it completely I spent $80 on this game to specifically play with my friends and because if the dumb ping limit I disconnect every 20 seconds which literally means I spent 80 bucks for nothing it needs to be addressed asap or I will be requesting a refund 

Nigelgear

In a covid era, I cant even play with my brother living in another country.

Ping limit is just a bad idea, I can connect to a server under the ping limit, buy gear, get into a raid and after 2 min get disconnected because the ping spiked a couple of times. And after that getting a message saying that I disconnected on purpose and get tagged as a "leave" while losing 100k or more of Gear, ping limit is a bad idea.
Why others fps dont have this ping limit? and you still can won your games having 20 of ping over the dude with 250 ping.
Is just sad to no able to play with friends in other countries.

I have an idea for you, Just Ping limit "half" of the servers, and the other "half" increase the ping limit like other games, so old friends can still enjoy a good game together. 
Pros: 
-Competitive player will have more players to compete with, more fun for them.
-High ping players will be able to enjoy the game.
-Youtubers and twitch streamers will have more pvp content.
-With more populated servers the game will evolve faster and get more dynamic, chances to add more things on a map, etc.
-Less campers.

Cons:
-Some servers will have less population (I think this inevitable anyways).
-Add more servers to the list to avoid queue on the limited ping servers.
-Players are going to die a lot more, and will need to Scav run more often (to loot gear), so the time limit maybe could be reduce to compensate.

I dont see how this can affect the Competitive Players that really want to have the ping limited, you can limit even more the ping for this player base, just be sure to have enough servers for both, ping limited servers and non limited. Simple as that. (maybe not that simple I am not an engineer).
Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
AlmonDro
On 1/15/2021 at 11:00 PM, Paescu96 said:

I play Siege since day One.

Trust me that game has a lot of serverissues, highping related peekersadvantage, desynces and even a failing hit detection, are problems we encounter daily.

The difference is simple.

BSG tries to solve those issues, and a pingcap is the easiest, if not the only way to fight peekers advantage.

Yeah at least BSG does something about it compared to ubisoft.  its a shame that we have people arguing against quality control... I dont know why anyone would want to play with more lag.