Ping explaination?

SpaceJunky

So I got booted from a server that tarkov says I have a 60 ping from. And ookla says I have a ping of 11. So why, in game, was I suffering from 220+ ping and getting kicked repeatedly? Can anyone explain? Id love for it to actually be my problem so I can fix it. I just lost a million rouble kit and I only have like half a mill left so I cant even get that back. o-o

xOnexEyedxWolfx

i live in the same city as my server and im still getting disconnected in almost EVERY pmc raid. this is getting out of hand, especially when im losing so much gear, over 1 mil gone 

Best way to check if your stable for any servers, go to the battlestate launcher and click on servers and check on the right hand side for 1 minute if they are solid under 165 ping than you are able to play on those servers, sometimes servers get overloaded wich can kick people, ill show a picture of what i mean. 

PPING.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
DJudic

Also, verify if Steam for example is not running in the background and updating some other game, torrent/download manager application, Windows or other software updates running in the background, antivirus/cloud application running in the background. 

• Like 1
Roger_Douglas

Change the ping limit to 250

That is the real solution

We have had the 150 ping limit for months and people are still complaining about the game being hard

Guess what

The game is hard

The netcode is bad

And the ping limit dosnt achieve anything 

• 4 weeks later...
DJudic
On 1/12/2021 at 6:06 AM, Roger_Douglas said:

Change the ping limit to 250

That is the real solution

We have had the 150 ping limit for months and people are still complaining about the game being hard

Guess what

The game is hard

The netcode is bad

And the ping limit dosnt achieve anything 

The ping is there to keep people in their server and not to have Chinese hackers flooding EU and US zones. I think that was the main intention of this change.