Why are people still spawning on points so close together?

BruxiePC

First raid of the day and get killed by a PMC in less than 30 sec off spawn. We literally spawned at the closest possible spawn points to each other. Are we supposed to be spawning this close? (ps. not looking for advice about how I should have approached the situation better, i'm purely wondering if spawning within seconds of another player on any map other than factory is intended) Thanks, 

• Upvote 5
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BruxiePC

• DavisM1988

• RACWAR

• tullowitsch

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, people complained about late-spawning. Which was in place to make sure everyone has enough time to get out of the spawn. Now that late spawning is gone, people complain that everyone spawn

i think the spawns are fine,   they have added more spawns so more chance of getting distance between you and another player. i like it that when i spawn i have to think could people be close or

First raid of the day and get killed by a PMC in less than 30 sec off spawn. We literally spawned at the closest possible spawn points to each other. Are we supposed to be spawning this close? (ps. no

Posted Images

As a experienced player i can agree that some spawns are way too close for comfort and kinda unfair if you know where people can spawn, but i think BSG is 100% working on making it fair so people can actually survive more than 5 minutes in the raid like QOL type of thing, try to remember the spawns in every map if you wanna avoid this type of stuff, atm there is nothing to do else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
DavisM1988

i think the spawns are fine,   they have added more spawns so more chance of getting distance between you and another player.

i like it that when i spawn i have to think could people be close or not, its more about having you guard up at all times and checking than just running to the quest/ best loot

Like i know there is 3 spawns along that wall,   one in village, one halfway near the broken house wall, and one neat the top side of swamp.

But alot of people spawn and think mission and loot, change and think living or dying.

Not a dig at you or you play style,  but if i got that spawn if looking up the wall from a bush trying to see if some one did spawn,   i know from that spawn i cant make it to the resort without 4-5 full sprint bars, and some one else closer can make it in 2 so why rush with that spawn, if its for a mission get the kill then do the mission.

Again dont take it personal all i am trying to say is if you only met people after 5-6 minutes game would be very slow, most people will complete mission and leave so now less people to fight

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
RACWAR

First, people complained about late-spawning. Which was in place to make sure everyone has enough time to get out of the spawn.

Now that late spawning is gone, people complain that everyone spawns at the same time.

So which is it? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
DavisM1988
2 minutes ago, RACWAR said:

First, people complained about late-spawning. Which was in place to make sure everyone has enough time to get out of the spawn.

Now that late spawning is gone, people complain that everyone spawns at the same time.

So which is it? 

Lol soon it will do what its doing now and also waiting till everyone is ready (takes ages for some people )    then it will start spawning with like 1 minute delays ha ha

behi09ma

i have died like this already this wipe also but it was all my bad to not know that there is a spawn there (i do not play shoreline except for the quests). learn the spawns and be ready all the time.

1 hour ago, RACWAR said:

So which is it? 

exactly. no matter how the game is, there will be people to complain about sth all the time.

have you seen even one person to thank BSG for the late spawn fix so far?! people like to complain and find excuse for their own mistakes, but can not admit that running into someone else's spawn point and choosing the all open field with no cover was their own mistake

Donidon

The round starts immediately, and not after 6min or 1000m away from the spawn. Yes, it didn't go well for you, but you ran into the other spawn points, and if you had shot the other one there, everything would be ok for you. Just because it got you, everything is stupid?

You've been playing the game long enough, you know the spawn points and you surely didn't run to the next spawn immediately without a reason...

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1
Mekismo

The spawns should be more spread out, I like that there are more spawn locations, but some are so close that you spawn in and are hunted down by a fully geared PMC and insta killed. Seems harsh!

The spawns should be locked so for example if there are 20 spawn locations on a map and A and B spawns are near to each other then if you spawn at A then B should be locked for other players.

• Thanks 1
DavisM1988
20 minutes ago, Mekismo said:

The spawns should be more spread out, I like that there are more spawn locations, but some are so close that you spawn in and are hunted down by a fully geared PMC and insta killed. Seems harsh!

The spawns should be locked so for example if there are 20 spawn locations on a map and A and B spawns are near to each other then if you spawn at A then B should be locked for other players.

there are lots of spawns  but they all cross each other,   there is about 15-18 different spawn spots on shoreline and 10-13 players,     so you will always get multiple spawns that will see each other within  15-30 secs of spawn,      People just need to learn not to spawn and run strait for loot or your mission,    spawn and take a minute to check the area and kill other that are just b lining past other spawn spots,

I will admit that is worst spawn on that map, just because you only have bushes to hide in and its hard to cross the swamp but if you lay down near the swamp no one will see you, i kill many of people running that path up that wall as no many people check the swamp properly they just look over see nothing moving and carry on

l_Devious_l

I'm super new to this game having just picked it up in this wipe. After having gotten to know Woods a little bit in offline mode, I felt comfortable jumping in to my first live game on Woods.

My first round spawned me at the Scav House with at minimum 3 other PMC's who were in a group together. There could have been more but I only ever seen the 3 before I was taken out. A few games later on Woods the same thing happened but this time I was closer to the Old Station, just North of it near the rocks. A team of 3 spawned in close proximity to me, though this time I was lucky enough to get the jump on them and give them the run-around and take them all down.

Jsaccs
2 hours ago, RACWAR said:

So which is it? 

FYI, this is about spawn proximity, not time.

29 minutes ago, Mekismo said:

I agree, but I think a common worry is not giving all the spawns a fair chance to the points of interest. Which at its core, the problem is moreso map design and having a centralized POI. This was the big issue with Woods, where everyone spawns on the outskirts and rushes to the center of the map. Or since its a ducking circle of a map, youd just walk left/right for 20 sec and run into somebody. The expansion at least helped this issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
se7eN_JJ

I do agree you can especially notice this, when spawning in on customs in the customs office area. Considering how big this map got it is quite weird that around 10 of 18 pmc collide within seconds on the customs office area.

• Thanks 1

It feels like there are too many people in one raid.  Fights are too early and its just boring to spawn, either kill or die and extract if you killed. 

DavisM1988

Come on people THINK about this

They can spawn people randomly all over  with 300 spawn points and you would never have any clue of where other guys are so all your gunna do is run to the POI for you and probably pass another guy running the other way.

If you dont meet someone crossing you will run in to someone else who spawn in the middle of the map and finds a vantage point and picks you off.

if people spawn if the middle of customs they will hold the river so you cant cross out of customs, or they will be in dorms get the loot and camp others coming

if people spawn if the middle of wood they will be bait as everyone on the outside is look in on them

if people spawn if the middle of reserve or shoreline they will run for the loot so all good loot would be gone

factory and labs cant change as they are too small so people will always spawn on top of each other

So the way it is i think is fine,  just when you spawn exspect some one local to you kill them first, or take the risk and run and see if they see you first.

RumplyTumper
24 minutes ago, l_Devious_l said:

I'm super new to this game having just picked it up in this wipe. After having gotten to know Woods a little bit in offline mode, I felt comfortable jumping in to my first live game on Woods.

My first round spawned me at the Scav House with at minimum 3 other PMC's who were in a group together. There could have been more but I only ever seen the 3 before I was taken out. A few games later on Woods the same thing happened but this time I was closer to the Old Station, just North of it near the rocks. A team of 3 spawned in close proximity to me, though this time I was lucky enough to get the jump on them and give them the run-around and take them all down.

I also picked up the game this wipe and like yourself started out trying to learn woods and also did a bit of factory. Even though it refers to woods as being a hard difficulty and customs being insane, from what i have read elsewhere i think customs is the most beginner friendly map. Since learning it i'm having much more success. Theres way much more options for moving around covertly and staying out of sight and i think some of the early quests are based on customs.

Mekismo

Factory is a perfect example of spawns being too close, the 3 spawns all near to forklifts are the worst. On one occasion my friend and I spawned in the room behind forklifts, we walked out the door and got headshot from a guy that spawned in the corridor. Another time, we got rushed from the spawn to the left of forklift room, 2 PMC's, they chucked flash grenades and bang, both dead!

yea same thing just happened to me and a buddy, were both noobs, took tops 10 steps and got killed by some fully geared people. very rough when were sitting with less then 100k and under level 10

Edited by xzulux
DavisM1988

Factory is a 5 minute map maximum   if you survive longer you won pretty much,    but again you need to defend your self,   this game is very unforgiving you could spawn in with 4 hatchet runners or 4 sweaty chads on factory and you need to know where they spawn and where to expect people to come from.

Woods is the latest map to get a update so there is a lot of people on there learning the map and also it spawns the red rebble on the scav boss so lots of people will be there sniping to have a chance of getting it if the scav boss drops the RR

Customs is what people say the beginners map but as this point in the wipe a lot of people have got to return for loot or for scav kills and they wont come in lightly geared

Now i love woods but i still dont go in the new area as i get most kills around the wood yard. so try and avoid this area unless you need to go in to the yard

if you new stick to customs take it slow let the first 10 minute pass a lot of  the geared guys have killed each other and the last man has extracted with the gear,   now you just have player and AI scavs to deal with.

And look at some of the maps online and learn where people will spawn and if your close to another spawn hide for 3-4 minutes

Jsaccs
13 minutes ago, DavisM1988 said:

Come on people THINK about this

They can spawn people randomly all over  with 300 spawn points and you would never have any clue of where other guys are so all your gunna do is run to the POI for you and probably pass another guy running the other way.

If you dont meet someone crossing you will run in to someone else who spawn in the middle of the map and finds a vantage point and picks you off.

if people spawn if the middle of customs they will hold the river so you cant cross out of customs, or they will be in dorms get the loot and camp others coming

if people spawn if the middle of wood they will be bait as everyone on the outside is look in on them

if people spawn if the middle of reserve or shoreline they will run for the loot so all good loot would be gone

factory and labs cant change as they are too small so people will always spawn on top of each other

So the way it is i think is fine,  just when you spawn exspect some one local to you kill them first, or take the risk and run and see if they see you first.

True, every spawn has an advantage and a disadvantage. With this sort of spawn system, you just need to play the hand that was dealt to you.

Just now on shoreline, i spawned somewhat close to the resort in front of that big rock. I immediately knew that players possibly spawned behind me, so if I rush resort ill probably get sniped in the back. Lo and behold, because i just sat there for a moment, i spot two PMCs, either one could have picked me off if I rushed resort.

DavisM1988

1 minute ago, Jsaccs said:

True, every spawn has an advantage and a disadvantage. With this sort of spawn system, you just need to play the hand that was dealt to you.

Just now on shoreline, i spawned somewhat close to the resort in front of that big rock. I immediately knew that players possibly spawned behind me, so if I rush resort ill probably get sniped in the back. Lo and behold, because i just sat there for a moment, i spot two PMCs, either one could have picked me off if I rushed resort.

I am telling you man get your self a suppressed weapon and wait 3-4 minutes on shore line or wood and some one will pass you

spawning at that rock,    people spawn to your right towards the resort a bit more,  behind you near customs extract, and sound near beach,

so guys that dont know it about learning the maps and spawn and if i got that spawn stay off the big rock stay low with ya suppressed weapon in a bush no one will see you some easy kills lol

shoreline for me has 2 spawns you can rush to resort safely, the one near the wall that least to the back side with the heli, or the one at top of the map near the cliff passage extract,   any other spawn than these i am looking for kills first

BruxiePC
4 hours ago, RACWAR said:

So which is it? 

Please read the post before replying. No one has said anything about people "spawning at the same time". And no one is "complaining". 

Stop looking for an argument when none is there. I was asking a question, you are trying to make it into a complaint. I am simply asking if this concept is intended. 

BruxiePC
3 hours ago, Donidon said:

The round starts immediately, and not after 6min or 1000m away from the spawn. Yes, it didn't go well for you, but you ran into the other spawn points, and if you had shot the other one there, everything would be ok for you. Just because it got you, everything is stupid?

You've been playing the game long enough, you know the spawn points and you surely didn't run to the next spawn immediately without a reason...

No poo, I am asking if this concept of spawning so close together is intended. I didn't complain or say anything was "stupid". I was asking one question. Why don't you read my post again if you are having a hard time understanding. Thanks.

BruxiePC
3 hours ago, behi09ma said:

i have died like this already this wipe also but it was all my bad to not know that there is a spawn there (i do not play shoreline except for the quests). learn the spawns and be ready all the time.

exactly. no matter how the game is, there will be people to complain about sth all the time.

have you seen even one person to thank BSG for the late spawn fix so far?! people like to complain and find excuse for their own mistakes, but can not admit that running into someone else's spawn point and choosing the all open field with no cover was their own mistake

#1 I already posted that I don't need any tips on what to do. I've been playing since 2017 and I never once have had a spawn that close to me on shoreline. I've spawned there hundreds of times before. I know all the spawns on shoreline and I knew a player COULD have spawned there, but i was under the impression that spawns had been "fixed" after all the complaints about reserve spawns. 

That is why i came here and asked the question. But clearly you took it as some type of complaint because you are way too defensive. I challenge you to provide ANY post i made complaining. thanks

RACWAR
12 minutes ago, BruxiePC said:

I am simply asking if this concept is intended. 

"intended"...

There's not enough space on the map to spawn everyone far enough apart. If you would have thought about it for 10 seconds then you could have answered your own question.

Especially since you've been on here for over 2 years. Like wtf. One would think that you should know how this game works by now.

PringlesAreOP

my worst spawns are on customs for some reson i only spawn in red or on trailer park and @ least 1 group is close to me.

yesterday i played with some friends (3 man squad) and 2 otherteams with one duo and a trio where spawning in the same area that was a mess and is not fun @ all