Did they silently patch insurance fraud?

Defiants

I've been noticing that almost nothing is coming back via insurance lately, and I've had several raids the past few days where I was in the raid until the very last minute and had to drop insured gear due to weight limitations. I dropped them in bushes with literally two minutes left on the match. None of them have returned to me. I've also frauded other stuff in bushes and safe spots that typically would come back to me and I've only really started paying more attention the past couple days but I'm just not getting any of it back.

Just seems weird to me, I know there are more Scavs and people are desperate for loot but seriously I'm dropping this stuff in places where people wouldn't find them even if there was more time left in the match.

All that said holy hell do I ever hate the new weight system. You cannot bring in decent gear *and* loot. You can only do one or the other. I mean, unless you fancy limping across the entire map. I thought it might improve as I leveled up a bit but I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever now that I'm level 26. I know it's related to skills but regardless, I haven't felt any change whatsoever in weight limits. I feel as useless now as I did on wipe day.

I'm really disliking a lot of the new changes this wipe. They're not fun, and they seem aimed at penalizing the top percent of the playerbase but all it effectively does is make the game worse for everyone else. I was looting cabinets religiously, and it took ages to find the third FiR gas analyzer. Then after I finish that quest, seriously the very next raid I went into a looted some Cabinets and found three of them in the first few minutes. Again, there's nothing about this style of quest that is "difficult", it's just RNG.

• Like 3
DerStenz85
vor 7 Minuten schrieb Defiants:

I've been noticing that almost nothing is coming back via insurance lately, and I've had several raids the past few days where I was in the raid until the very last minute and had to drop insured gear due to weight limitations. I dropped them in bushes with literally two minutes left on the match. None of them have returned to me. I've also frauded other stuff in bushes and safe spots that typically would come back to me and I've only really started paying more attention the past couple days but I'm just not getting any of it back.

Just seems weird to me, I know there are more Scavs and people are desperate for loot but seriously I'm dropping this stuff in places where people wouldn't find them even if there was more time left in the match.

All that said holy hell do I ever hate the new weight system. You cannot bring in decent gear *and* loot. You can only do one or the other. I mean, unless you fancy limping across the entire map. I thought it might improve as I leveled up a bit but I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever now that I'm level 26. I know it's related to skills but regardless, I haven't felt any change whatsoever in weight limits. I feel as useless now as I did on wipe day.

I'm really disliking a lot of the new changes this wipe. They're not fun, and they seem aimed at penalizing the top percent of the playerbase but all it effectively does is make the game worse for everyone else. I was looting cabinets religiously, and it took ages to find the third FiR gas analyzer. Then after I finish that quest, seriously the very next raid I went into a looted some Cabinets and found three of them in the first few minutes. Again, there's nothing about this style of quest that is "difficult", it's just RNG.

noticed the same thing. frauded some stuff on places never ever somebody would look and like you near end of raid.. 99% of the time nothing comes back - maybe a bug or they done something silently?

GeneralBrus
3 minutes ago, Defiants said:

One thing I know, which could have been the thing happening to you...

im rather sure that if you run out of time, you go MIA which means you didnt die in raid, but you also didnt extract and for some reason the stuff you are wearing wont return through insurance.... now that being said, im also rather sure that the stuff that you dropped before the end of the raid should still return to you.

Also about the "weight system" they changed it so that your strength can level up faster, and that means you will sooner be able to carry more stuff again, so once you have your strength levels things should be back to normal for you.

Defiants
On 1/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, GeneralBrus said:

One thing I know, which could have been the thing happening to you...

im rather sure that if you run out of time, you go MIA which means you didnt die in raid, but you also didnt extract and for some reason the stuff you are wearing wont return through insurance.... now that being said, im also rather sure that the stuff that you dropped before the end of the raid should still return to you.

Also about the "weight system" they changed it so that your strength can level up faster, and that means you will sooner be able to carry more stuff again, so once you have your strength levels things should be back to normal for you.

I'm not sure. I've only had one MIA this wipe. I just had some stuff come back to me from a raid I remember doing, and my gun had its Lasar, Elcan, Silencer, and expensive Mag all left, my TC 800 with visor was there, Korund armor was there, but no Rig or Backpack. It was very odd. It was a tri-zip and a half decent rig, if someone came upon my stuff they'd had grabbed the gun mods at the very least. I mean, I don't know, a scav player runs up throws the rig in the backpack equips the backpack and just runs without grabbing the gun?? I really don't see that happening.

hat_kroenchen

I dont even  insure anymore. The cost of insurance got insanly hight for nearly 0 returnrate.

TarkovCitizen4431498

I don't have your particular issue with insurance fraud, or at least I have not noticed it yet. I agree with your points though. It also looks like the weight system is bugged at the moment. The other day I was carrying 46 KG and was not regaining stamina anymore while walking. Popped a M.U.L.E and still the same. Just now a friend was complaining as well about not regaining stamina on his scav which only has 9KG on him lol.

Edited by TarkovCitizen4431498
DerStenz85
vor 6 Stunden schrieb TarkovCitizen4431498:

I don't have your particular issue with insurance fraud, or at least I have not noticed it yet. I agree with your points though. It also looks like the weight system is bugged at the moment. The other day I was carrying 46 KG and was not regaining stamina anymore while walking. Popped a M.U.L.E and still the same. Just now a friend was complaining as well about not regaining stamina on his scav which only has 9KG on him lol.

something weird with stamina is going on... sometimes it drains stamina even when crouch walking and not being overloaded... thats strange

• 5 weeks later...
jblay1869
On 1/12/2021 at 2:14 PM, DerStenz85 said:

noticed the same thing. frauded some stuff on places never ever somebody would look and like you near end of raid.. 99% of the time nothing comes back - maybe a bug or they done something silently?

I did it last night and got all of my loot back. Must be a bug. 

Nodens

I always get a bunch of stuff back from insurance...  /shrug.

I frauded some stuff on Interchange today, I guess we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
LazaGER

Ill have the problem too. Since 2 weeks or more ill get just a fraction of my Stuff back. I dont even get a message from Therapist if everything is looted from other players but this is very unlikly if they take all my stuff. I get at least a mask or glasses back. I allways drop Stuff in night raids so the chance is even lower somebody can find my gear
Ill be honest i drop high value stuff in places nobody can get it but nothing comes back. and this normaly works. 
This sucks i pay alot for this possibility. At least they should say they nerfed the insurance fraud system.

Sad Simley

paracelsus1981
Am 14.1.2021 um 13:47 schrieb gkcx2002:

I want to know why if I dump mags I don't get the bullets back just empty mags. 

Check out our new 20% insurance success rate on everything except boolets and pet food! Sign up for Prapors Finders! ;)

No on a serious note they could ditch the whole insurance system. There's no insurance in a warzone, just sufferin.

Edited by Ruecklicht
JerryLove
5 hours ago, Ruecklicht said:

Check out our new 20% insurance success rate on everything except boolets and pet food! Sign up for Prapors Finders! ;)

No on a serious note they could ditch the whole insurance system. There's no insurance in a warzone, just sufferin.

I don't think it's technically a war zone so much as a dystopian apocalyptical wasteland. 

Why wouldn't there be insurance in such a case? The dealers have their network of scavs and, for a fee, they will keep an eye out for your stuff for you. 

They could ditch everything, or nothing. Your statement feels like half of an argument. 

gkcx2002
15 hours ago, Ruecklicht said:

They should get rid of the insurance fraud. If you discard your gear you don't get it back. 

• Upvote 1
Shurshalla
On 1/14/2021 at 2:47 PM, gkcx2002 said:

I want to know why if I dump mags I don't get the bullets back just empty mags.

Because insurance do not insure ammo and medicine items. Only mags are covered, what is loaded into them- is not covered.

Majlo
38 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

They should get rid of the insurance fraud. If you discard your gear you don't get it back.

They should get rid of insurance, Period.

RainmakerM4

I dont understand why insurance is still in the game.

• Upvote 1