Is the ergo penalty realistic of some sort?

DragoBruder

Hey guys,

This shouldn't be just a simple question I asked in the title. Like... Of course the ergo itself isn't something near in realism (I suppose).

The stuff I rather wanted to ask because I found nothing in the internet about it is, how exactly realstic is the duration of you holding a gun in game at low ergo compared to a soldier aiming with a gun while standing. Take a gun that is 5-6kg as example.

Any ideas how long a normal soldier would be able to hold that god damn thing in their arms while standing and aiming?

what gun is 5-6kg? not even an RPK weighs that much. But its a game ofc the aming is simpler in game, I don't think you can hold a 5-6kg gun rock steady and land shots at hundreds of meters while standing with no support.
in the end it is a game and plays like a game.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Gemacko:

what gun is 5-6kg? not even an RPK weighs that much. But its a game ofc the aming is simpler in game, I don't think you can hold a 5-6kg gun rock steady and land shots at hundreds of meters while standing with no support.
in the end it is a game and plays like a game.

well yes and obviously BSG tries to reduce that "let it be a game" as much as possible. But take something like a FAL or maybe even HK416. They can weight 6k ingame if you heavily mod them. I think mosin also weights 6kg by standards.

I was just very curious because someone told me he can hold his 4,5kg weapon for 2 minutes while standing straight ads. I went like "sure buddy. ofc you can" and got to here where maybe the real gunsmiths will get me an answer how possible that might be lol.

Also I see a lot of people complaining about it because ThAtS nOt ReAlStIc At AlL!11! SoLdIeRs CaN hOlD wEaPoNs WhIlE sTrAfInG, sTaNdInG aNd AdS aT tHe SaMe TiMe

Edited by DragoBruder

well its surely no problem holding a weapon while standing and moving for more than 2 minutes but there is no way you will be anywhere as close as accurate as in the game. So holding a weapon for a long time no problem, moving with said weapon still not a problem. hitting anything further than 100 meters while moving and holding said heavy weapon, yeah I don't see that happening at all.

don't think the mosin weighs that much 4kg at max maybe 4,5 if you have scope and stuff on it.

the HK 416 with aimpoint and foregrip weights in at about 4 kg, modern weapons have more lightweight material.

Holding the weapon shouldnt be an issue, but in reality you have different levels of attempted stability. Youd put less energy and concentration into hold the weapon stable when watching an area for a long time, compared to when youre gonna take long range semi auto shots.

Thats why games generally give you the benefit of the doubt and at most have a difference between normal aim and holding breath.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb DragoBruder:

But take something like a FAL or maybe even HK416. They can weight 6k ingame if you heavily mod them. I think mosin also weights 6kg by standards.

Mind that the only reason we use that stuff ingame is because weight has a very minor affect on ergonomics. If weight was more important, then everyone would run around with 4kg rifles or so, just as is done IRL. 

Edited by Reymt
  • Like 1

I only have experience with airsof weapons and not real weapons, but most airsoft weapons are replica's and even made in the same factory, since only internals are different. 

I have to say it depends on what type of weapon you use, but what the game is lacking, is resting poses. Like against a wall, or on some type of barrier or item. I can tell you that i wouldn't be able to hold my Mg42 for long, then again that is an LMG not made for firing from the shoulder anyway. Then we also have a Barett .50....lets just say that you play that for half a day max then your arms are to tired since it is full metal. P90 is weightless, could stand there all day holding that. M4 is little heavier then P90 but not much, can sure hold that for longer then the PMC's in EFT can hold right now.

At the end of the day, this is still a game. And as much as you want realism, it still has to be playable. Sure you can ads in real life with a weapon, but are you going to land those headshots almost non stop or are you going to be lucky to even land a body shot? Certainly not at 100+ meters. Problem is that gamers behind a computer already don't respond to situations in game as soldiers would irl. 

You are not going to just charge down a hallway door to door hoping your armour can tank enough shots, you'd have the air knocked out of your lungs when they land the first shot, you are taking as less risk as possible. 2nd.....not nearly as many people die to headshots as players do in this game. Why? Because you don't aim for the head irl, most of the time it is enough to incapacitate someone shooting them at body mass, thats why soldiers train to hit center mass....not the head.

So as much as people want to compare this to irl stuations and want the game to be as close to realism as possible, it still has to remain playable. And the people playing it, are not trained soldiers.

• Thanks 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb TheFondler:

So as much as people want to compare this to irl stuations and want the game to be as close to realism as possible, it still has to remain playable. And the people playing it, are not trained soldiers.

Yes, right. Thankfully I can't remember that I said that the game should be realistic just because of the fact that I already don't know what I said. At the end EFT does an amazing job to make it as realistic as playable. Exactly how nikita wants it to be. Some people just don't understand that "harder" doesn't neccesarily mean "more unplayable". This lacks in others brain I think. Well but thanks for the help about solving my question!