388 Damage absorbed by armor

KaptainHel

Factory Map. Single enemy shot. 388 Damage absorbed by armor. Since when the armor has 388 points? Something is not right or they are counting 'armor points' differently from what it states in the armor itself and what is shown in the stats which gives us a false impression.

Anyway. I was using the AP-20. I shot him 5 times according to the stats. How is it possible he's not dead after taking 5 AP-20 shots when most of the time I die from 1 to 2 shots (in the arms or legs)? Plus, seriously... 254 damage to his body. He should be more than dead according to my most recent experiences (against players with AP-20 - either I use a lvl 5 or 6 armor or not).

The lucky player that killed me: BadSadMan

1243848328_2021-01-1708-54(0).thumb.png.cd3c1ae12d9e6a6719207498785bff68.png

287304673_2021-01-1708-42(0).thumb.png.a75fd45262dff8b8deb400f87f5c4f9d.png

Edited by KaptainHel
Gemacko

lol 388 dmg to armor? try just for fun take an auto shotgun load it with the smallest buckshot like 5mm and go Labs OFFLINE not vs ppl ofc and empty mags into the raiders. I have stacked up like over 3000 dmg to armor on like 1 or 2 raiders. 
There is like a hidden system with durability and "Actual durability" some armors can tank a few hundred dmg depending on what ammo you use. Certain ammo does no dmg to armor so then it can take a few mags to kill someone.

Niewiarygodny
4 hours ago, KaptainHel said:

388 Damage absorbed by armor. Since when the armor has 388 points?

U are lvl 25, ua re here at least 6 months and u don't know how it works?
Ok, so thing u pointed out is "dmg absorbed/blocked by armor" it does not mean "armor lost 388 armor points" it just mean that it "stoped" certain amount of dmg.

The weaker Penetration for bullets, and the higher armor clas, the more armor can "block".
Example -> U take sand (Bullets with 0-5 penetration) and throw it on concrete (t6 armor) what kind of effect it make? It does almost nothing.

4 hours ago, KaptainHel said:

Something is not right or they are counting 'armor points' differently from what it states in the armor itself and what is shown in the stats which gives us a false impression.

Exactly as u said but it's not false, u just missunderstood it.
"damage absorbed by armor" and u understood it as "damage done to armor".

TL'TR -> 1 armor point in armor can def much more than 1 damage, at the end all depends which armor someone had (class) and what kind of ammo (penetration).

@Poddighe @Gemacko I amrk u too cause i kinda explained how it works above.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
KaptainHel

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

U are lvl 25, ua re here at least 6 months and u don't know how it works?

Never paid much attention to look into the stats before, and I guess not everyone has the time or wants to waste time to go searching for that kind of information. A simple in-game tooltip with that kind of information to describe what it is when you move the mouse on that value would have avoided this question. 

Nevertheless, it's bullshit when I die against a single AP-20 shot on my arm now and then (happened at least two times already with 1 or 2 AP-20 shots) just this wipe because of collateral and a blacked limp; and when it's me firing against someone else, the same doesn't happen.

And I'm pretty sure I blacked him, at least one or two body parts (my teammate was still alive and heard him patching up with a CMS or Surv Kit). Bad luck is not for everyone in this game.

Edited by KaptainHel
Niewiarygodny
52 minutes ago, KaptainHel said:

Never paid much attention to look into the stats before

Well don't get me wrong but...
It's "damage absorbed by armor" not, as i said "damage done to armor".
Whats more, ppl would use armors with "highest" durability if it would work as u said then?

54 minutes ago, KaptainHel said:

and when it's me firing against someone else, the same doesn't happen.

He could have better armor, if u want then next time save replay of such situacion and ping me, i will try to explain what happened :).
Because without replay i can only guess what happened.

Like i would say that u hit his arms most likely, and it's enough for him to survive 2 shoots, maybe even 3. 
If he had armor which cover arms, then even 4-5. 
But thats just guessing cause of no replay :P.

Cheers!

KaptainHel

Got it, thanks.

I rarely have Nvidia recording because of FPS drops but in case that happens will do.

P.S.: He had no armor covering the arms.

Jsaccs
9 hours ago, KaptainHel said:

Anyway. I was using the AP-20. I shot him 5 times according to the stats. How is it possible he's not dead after taking 5 AP-20 shots when most of the time I die from 1 to 2 shots (in the arms or legs)? Plus, seriously... 254 damage to his body.

Based on the damage done, id say you hit an arm twice and his armor tanked the remaining 3. I think lvl4 theoretically has a chance to tank all 3, but he probably had lvl5.

And thats the downside in having RNG ballistics in a first person shooter; its penetration CHANCE. It can be frustrating but this is an RPG FPS afterall.

EDIT: and just for future reference, it takes 3 AP-20's in a leg to kill (technically 4 but every limb has like 2hp so a bleed will probably finish it). And practically 4 to an arm (technically 5).

Edited by Jsaccs
KaptainHel
1 hour ago, Jsaccs said:

Based on the damage done, id say you hit an arm twice and his armor tanked the remaining 3. I think lvl4 theoretically has a chance to tank all 3, but he probably had lvl5.

And thats the downside in having RNG ballistics in a first person shooter; its penetration CHANCE. It can be frustrating but this is an RPG FPS afterall.

EDIT: and just for future reference, it takes 3 AP-20's in a leg to kill (technically 4 but every limb has like 2hp so a bleed will probably finish it). And practically 4 to an arm (technically 5).

You say it takes '4' or '5' AP-20 shots to an arm to kill? Well, I died with only 1 and 2 shots since the wipe.

Edited by KaptainHel
Jsaccs
1 hour ago, KaptainHel said:

You say it takes '4' or '5' AP-20 shots to an arm to kill? Well, I died with only 1 and 2 shots since the wipe.

To the thorax/head yea. But the arm? I mean, the numbers just arent there. Assuming youre going off of post raid info and not what you physically thought you saw, Idk maybe the post raid numbers can be wrong sometimes. Maybe you took a shot to the chest, penetrated armor, your hanging on by a thread, the next shot hits your arm and collateral damage finishes off the thorax; giving the killing blow to the arm. Who knows, Its kinda meaningless for me to speculate without a screenshot anyway.

I cant remember exactly, but there was something to do with a blacked out arm that could act as a sheild for the thorax; as in you still take the collateral damage but it doesnt penetrate through the blacked arm. Not sure if this is still the case or if its been patched or what. So I might be stretching here, but what if an AP round goes through a blacked arm and penetrates the thorax making a kill; even though its a thorax kill, since the arm was hit first, its bugged and the game says you died from the arm. Idk.

Poddighe
On 1/17/2021 at 2:27 PM, Niewiarygodny said:

I amrk u too cause i kinda explained how it works above.

Thank You my man. But I did damage to body not to armor, 669 on 2 Zavodskoy. Those ruskys are thoug. 😃

Donidon

There is a small chance that you will die if you lose a body part.

Damage absorbed by Armor means exactly that. The bullet has a damage value when it reaches the target, e.g. a fictitious 100dmg.

These 100dmg appear either at "damage absorbed by armor". Or they appear at "Damage dealt to body".

The display only shows how high the potential damage value of the bullet would be in case of a hit. Not what damage you really did. If you shot from a long distance, the damage is reduced. So if the 100dmg bullet has lost 2 dmg because of the distance then the statistic is 98dmg.

The actual damage to the target depends on the distribution system.

If you shoot the 100dmg into a black belly, the statistics show 100dmg. But actually you made 150dmg at the target. If you shoot the 100dmg into a black arm, the statistics show 100dmg. But actually once made 70dmg at the target.

Shoots the 100dmg into a black arm, the target has except for head and torax all black makes one only 19dmg, but in the statistics are 100dmg.

If you shoot through an armor with 100dmg into the torax, but the armor takes 40% damage, the statistic says 100dmg. But you have only made 60dmg.

The Armor system is way too complicated and with too much RNG to really understand. Each bullet has an extra value against armor. Then there is the material the Armor is made of, and whether it penetrates or not, and then as I said a lot of RNG. In any case, an Armor has no HP pool, and its Durability is not an HP pool either.

Edited by Donidon
N1shazu
On 1/17/2021 at 9:12 AM, KaptainHel said:

Since when the armor has 388 points

The durability damage taken from bullets is based on the penetration value of the ammo and the armor level of the armor, multiplied by the ammo’s armor damage % and the armor material’s destructibility %. The minimum durability damage armor can take from a single hit is 1, including from individual buckshot pellets. Destructibility is a hidden stat that isn’t shown in game.

Damage absorbed by armour on post game stats doesn’t indicate the durability damage.

Niewiarygodny
4 hours ago, Poddighe said:

But I did damage to body not to armor, 669 on 2 Zavodskoy. Those ruskys are thoug

Scav guards and scav bosses got increased HP.
REshala guard got 590 hp in total.
SO ye, in worst scenario u could deal 1178 hp and don't kill any guard :D.

KaptainHel
12 hours ago, Donidon said:

There is a small chance that you will die if you lose a body part.

Damage absorbed by Armor means exactly that. The bullet has a damage value when it reaches the target, e.g. a fictitious 100dmg.

These 100dmg appear either at "damage absorbed by armor". Or they appear at "Damage dealt to body".

The display only shows how high the potential damage value of the bullet would be in case of a hit. Not what damage you really did. If you shot from a long distance, the damage is reduced. So if the 100dmg bullet has lost 2 dmg because of the distance then the statistic is 98dmg.

The actual damage to the target depends on the distribution system.

If you shoot the 100dmg into a black belly, the statistics show 100dmg. But actually you made 150dmg at the target. If you shoot the 100dmg into a black arm, the statistics show 100dmg. But actually once made 70dmg at the target.

Shoots the 100dmg into a black arm, the target has except for head and torax all black makes one only 19dmg, but in the statistics are 100dmg.

If you shoot through an armor with 100dmg into the torax, but the armor takes 40% damage, the statistic says 100dmg. But you have only made 60dmg.

The Armor system is way too complicated and with too much RNG to really understand. Each bullet has an extra value against armor. Then there is the material the Armor is made of, and whether it penetrates or not, and then as I said a lot of RNG. In any case, an Armor has no HP pool, and its Durability is not an HP pool either.

Even if that body part is an arm? How lucky I must be! xD

Thanks everyone for the explanations.

Donidon
vor 12 Stunden schrieb KaptainHel:

Even if that body part is an arm? How lucky I must be! xD

I suspect so, but there is no exact information on that. But I have been killed several times with one or two shots in the arm.

Jsaccs
On 1/18/2021 at 8:21 AM, Donidon said:

The display only shows how high the potential damage value of the bullet would be in case of a hit. Not what damage you really did.

Huh, I didnt know it worked this way. Its even more meaningless to try and speculate deaths/kills from post-raid numbers then 🙃