Shotgun Scavs

Dingo8YourBaby

Four times last night I get one shot by scavs head eyes by 7mm buckshot from either ridiculous distances of over 50m or through the smallest of gaps. The fork slots in pallets or acute angles through doorways where the visible gap is only 3 or 4 inches. Never happens when I'm running low tier gear or nake. Always when I'm wearing a class 5 or 6 armor and ULACs. The fact that it's SIGNIFICANTLY easier to fight players regardless of their gear than it is to fight shotgun scavs is an absolute travesty. 

• Sad 1
JNS12647

Same thing happens to me. Even people with face shields get instant headshot. I got killed by a buckshot (head, eyes) from 40+ meters away during night time at Interchange, so basically all bots are cheaters/hackers with aimbot, sometimes they toggle their aimbot and can kill you in a instant.

Bankoletti

Well, it's possible to happen on rare instances. Seems it happens a bit too often to me too - but hey, confirmation bias of our brain is str0nk too.

Gemacko

Scavs come in 2 variants, Brain dead cant hit for poo or even see you and terminator Aimbot scavs.
have ran into scavs in dark buildings with my flashlight on, they don't even react to the big beam of light that's hitting them in the back.
Next day you run into shotgun scav on shoreline, just one 7mm buckshot and I got broken leg and arm, I guess he could see at a glance I had armor and helmet and just went instant arm and leg in one shot.

They change the scavs almost every patch and they are never good. What is the solution? there needs to be some sort of balance. but do we want the retard scavs or the God tier ones? 

ResoluteMike

The buff to 8.5 Magnum buck to be able to one tap the face was fine. Having all the rounds one tap is a bit much.

Gemacko

Found an amazing scav the other day, was playing on custom at gas station I hear a scav behind a car so I lie down to shoot his feet, land 2 shots before he emerges from behind the car then he lies down for cover and then while he is going from prone to standing he stands up and one taps me in the face just under the helmet in the same motion as hes standing up. Why aim when you can just hip fire auto tap face first shot not even shotgun but veper.
Ez scav life

Edited by Gemacko
traumacode

I am fairly certain these shotgun scavs are implemented to ensure no one gets a 100% survival rate and to ensure that the flea market gets utilized more often.  I can think of more than one incident where I got head/eyes from buckshot from 100m away.

opiat3

What is the range of a 12-gauge shotgun?

The factors expressed below will determine the ‘effective’ range of shotgun.

(Effective, I mean, is the range at which a considerable effect on target can be made. But shooting at angles like 45 degrees will take the shot further, but may have no effect in the end)

The type of cartridge. A slug will carry all of the gunpowder’s power and hence travel faster and longer, increasing the effective range to 100+ yards depending on the power of the cartridge.
Whereas, the shot type will have a distributed effect on the several shots, and also owing to their lesser weight, the distance is drastically reduced. Many times, shots bounce off a plank at even 60–70 yards, although they could have destroyed that plank at 20 yards.

Power of the cartridge. Some shells come with a lot of power, and can cause much greater damage at longer ranges. The ones that are used for sports shooting are essentially meant for an effective range of 50 yards. But I have known shooters who load themselves and have achieved 100+ yard range.

Spread. The choke in the shotgun determines the spread of the shots. If the choke is constricted, more shots per are are put into effect and this combined, act with more devastation. Although they eventually spread, the chamber and choke in some guns are determined in such a way that they cover a substantial distance before spreading up. Now, this distance could be as much as 70 yards, depending on the combination of shots + choke + barrel length. I will think up of a formula to see if this can be determined to a close accuracy soon.

Consistency. Unlike bullets, shotguns do not come with rifling and several aspects will work on their consistency. To begin with, the shot combination form every shell need not make the exact same spread or impact. Different levels of physical effects within the shots can act positively or negatively. Therefore what one shell achieved, is not guaranteed for the next. Then comes different air and wind resistance that act on these shots, and even on slugs. The effects of climate, air density and wind can act constructively or destructively, and increase or decrease the effective range.

Moreover, over distance, accuracy greatly drops in shot shells. Since the spread is not consistent, no one can accurately measure how many shots will hit a specific target area at what distance. A typical known formula in shooting is X-inches IS TO X-yard. This means that the effective spread if 20 inches over 20 yards, 30 inches over 30 yard distance, and so on. This is nowhere accurate but helps for safe measures and expectations.

Remington has a detailed analysis of effective distances here -> Effective Ranges for Buckshot, Birdshot and Slugs

Closing statement - With infinite options of barrel length, choke, load and type of shell, there can be a blanket expectation from anything between 35 yards to 150+ yards.

Na0cho

Although it does happen occasionally, 4 times in one night speaks more to your positioning and awareness then it does to them being op. 

It honestly never happens if I have an automatic gun anyway because I swear they have an algorithm that recognizes they are getting shot at and get some sort of debuff. 

it happens to me mainly if I face check one I didn’t realize was there or I whiff a shot with a bolt or semi. 

untagatnu
On 1/17/2021 at 1:47 PM, Dingo8YourBaby said:

Four times last night I get one shot by scavs head eyes by 7mm buckshot from either ridiculous distances of over 50m or through the smallest of gaps. The fork slots in pallets or acute angles through doorways where the visible gap is only 3 or 4 inches. Never happens when I'm running low tier gear or nake. Always when I'm wearing a class 5 or 6 armor and ULACs. The fact that it's SIGNIFICANTLY easier to fight players regardless of their gear than it is to fight shotgun scavs is an absolute travesty. 

how do you know it's over 50M ?