Possible fix for e-mail verification issues

ClawkWerk

Hey everyone,

like many of you, I've experienced issues whilst trying to log in via the BSG launcher. When I've exhausted all other options, I've returned to a thread mentioning that login requests go through either of these two servers: 104.22.28.180 & 172.67.41.203

(Sorry for not linking the original post, if the author of it sees this, let me know and I'll credit you for the effort you've put into analyzing the packets)

Usually requests are sent to 104.22.28.180 and this server seems to be causing issues/not sending out verification emails. To test out if this is an issue for you as well, you can follow this guide (not made by me): 

to create entries in the Windows' hosts file that will rewrite any internal requests made to 104.22.28.180 to 172.67.41.203. Hopefully, if this is a solution for the majority that have exhausted all other options, this will get more recognition and force the devs to look into it, since they are pretty unresponsive/denying there is an issue.

ClawkWerk
58 minutes ago, RamplePampkins said:

anyone confirm this is working? I'm having the same issue. twice a week I have this problem.

Did you try it? It's really not a complicated or sketchy fix. I've tried it and it worked for me after numerous other unsuccessful attempts to amend the issue.

ClawkWerk
14 hours ago, Orbis_Domitor said:

is this correct?

if so, didn't work for me

6654r.PNG

Yes, it is correct. Sorry that it didn't fix your issue. I almost went mad searching for a method to resolve this on my end.

Lambo821
15 hours ago, Orbis_Domitor said:

is this correct?

if so, didn't work for me

6654r.PNG

Try going into the properties of the Host file and change the permissions for user to allow all permissions. Then retry..

Untitled.jpg

Orbis_Domitor

nope, didn't work.

5 ducking days.

over 20 hours clicking "back/authorize" then check email.

I've tried ever solution on this god damn forum.

2 support tickets . both answered with a copy past of the solutions that are in this forum.

and now i cant get passed the CAPTCHA on the website to check my support tickets.

i'm coming to the end of my tether 

• 3 weeks later...
ClawkWerk
On 1/21/2021 at 1:40 PM, untagatnu said:

Contact customer support via email / submit a ticket

Kung Fury Hd GIF

Ha. Ha. You're funny, man.

ClawkWerk

UPDATE:

This does not seem to work for me anymore either. I've done some traffic sniffing myself and came to the conclusion that requests were actually going out, to the servers mentioned in the reddit thread, but they were now not responding either, no matter to which one I've rerouted.

The thing that worked now was marking my network connection as private in Windows, whereas before it for some reason defaulted to public. Besides that, disabling the firewall before each login attempt made the verification email come through for me. Either way, BSG should address this in an official manner and stop disregarding it - practically meme-ing on paying customers with their copy-paste responses that usually don't work or at least they aren't universal solutions. I realize that software development can be a bug-ridden world unfortunately, but not even being able to log in when the servers are up and running, the same kind of issue happening for over a year for dozens, hundreds, maybe even thousands of people, is beyond me.